March 2018 Moms

Twins/Multiples Check-in 7/30

2»

Re: Twins/Multiples Check-in 7/30

• @Cowboycorgi *probable non-multiple lurker* I'm so sorry for your loss. Baby A is in my thoughts. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @Cowboycorgi *non-multiples lurker* So sorry for your loss. TW I was in your position a few weeks ago...if you want to talk PM me. End TW
  • Loading the player...
  • jeancrawfordjeancrawford member
    edited August 2017
    If not appropriate, please remove, or let me know.
    *possible multiple lurker*
    No appointment until next Friday, but I have "that feeling." Actually, I'm not sure if it is actually that feeling, or I'm just so excited at the possibility of twins, I'm willing to believe anything!
    My twin story: I'm a twin. two younger siblings: twins. Dad: twin. Paternal grandma: 2x twins. Every twin born to a twin on dad's side has her own set of twins. Every oldest daughter born to a twin has her own set (except my oldest sister!).
    Oh, and twins run on my mom's side, too.  ;)
    We need all the twin vibes possible!  <3<3<3
  • @cowboycorgi *possible multiple lurker* just getting on this board, and I already feel conencted to you! Sending lots hope for Baby A.
  • @jeancrawford  - Im definitely not an expert on it - but a lot of the articles I read (my MIL is an identical twin and my materal grandfather) pointed to twins not being genetic. 

We got our twins through IVF - so definitely not genetic here. 

Unfortunately - you'll just have to hang tight until the ultrasound next Friday. But sending you good vibes for one or two healthy babes! 
  • @jeancrawford Yeah you'll find that most of us in the twin/multiples subgroup are PAIF. I had fertility drugs and an IUI, the combination of which results in twins more often than in the general population. My maternal grandfather was an identical twin, but we are sure in our case this wasn't genetic and that mine are likely fraternal.

That said if you find out you are carrying twins, great! Maybe your family is just weird (in a good way) like that. Either way, best of luck to you and hopefully you will have at least one strong heartbeat at your u/s. Let us know how it goes! 
  • @Cowboycorgi non multiple lurker here too, but I'm so sorry for your loss. Fingers and toes crossed that baby A continues to grow 
  • Hey is anybody taking unisom and b6 for MS?? Does it work? I am driving the struggle bus here but want to avoid selling a baby to pay for diclegis.  :p 
  • @Cowboycorgi I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I am praying everything remains ok with Baby A.  Thinking of you.
  • *Lurker unknown if singleton or multiples yet*

@Cowboycorgi I am so very sorry for your loss. 
    TW 
    my son's twin miscarried early as well, if you need to talk feel free to PM me. Love to you.