Options

Friday Ticker Change | 7.28

Due 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23? You go here!

1) How far along are you
? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What of your "favorite things" are you looking most forward to sharing with your kid(s)? E.g. A favorite movie, food, tradition, etc. 

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Friday Ticker Change | 7.28

• Options
    We have a thread, yippee! Mobile bumpin as always so forgive the formatting. 

1. 12 weeks, a plum.

2. Better!! Nausea is waning, energy is still non-existent due to the Diclegis.

3. No.

4. Rave: I am feeling better and slowly starting to resemble a human being. Praying 2 more weeks until golden, 2nd tri you're so close I can taste it! Rant: I'm still effing exhausted around the clock. Cannot wait to be off these meds.

5. Most looking forward to sharing my love for reading/literature. DS already has thousands of books and we frequent the library. Also, my love for thriller classics film/TV, I am a Hitchcock/Night Gallery/Twilight Zone/S. King etc. feind- got it from my mama. Is it too early to watch IT with my 3yo DS? Yes, joking... kinda.

• Options

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

5) GTKY: What of your "favorite things" are you looking most forward to sharing with your kid(s)? E.g. A favorite movie, food, tradition, etc. 

1. 11 weeks! Squish is the size of a poker chip. 

2. Tired and sore. I over did it the past few days with DD1&2.
    3. Nope
    4.raves: pink Stork magnesium spray. 
    5. Making gingerbread cookies, trying to incorporate my family traditions even though we're 650 miles away from them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a thread, yippee! Mobile bumpin as always so forgive the formatting. 

1. 12 weeks, a plum.

2. Better!! Nausea is waning, energy is still non-existent due to the Diclegis.

3. No.

4. Rave: I am feeling better and slowly starting to resemble a human being. Praying 2 more weeks until golden, 2nd tri you're so close I can taste it! Rant: I'm still effing exhausted around the clock. Cannot wait to be off these meds.

5. Most looking forward to sharing my love for reading/literature. DS already has thousands of books and we frequent the library. Also, my love for thriller classics film/TV, I am a Hitchcock/Night Gallery/Twilight Zone/S. King etc. feind- got it from my mama. Is it too early to watch IT with my 3yo DS? Yes, joking... kinda.

I love that my girls love to read. Hopefully Squish does too. Literacy is so important. <3
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace Yes, it is! Especially in this technological era that we definitely didnt have growing up! 
  • Options
    Mobile so we will try this in the box.

1. 11 weeks today so the size of a lime

2. Super nauseated this week. The past two days I've eaten a lot of toast and crackers. This has really been the worst of the morning sickness.

3. No appointments this week.

4. Rant...super emotional this week too. I can burst into tears if my toddler gives me the stink eye. I'm a mess. Also running low on sleep. Husband has been sick with poison ivy and his meds keep him up and restless during the night which keeps me up. Poor guy!

5. I'm super excited to share some of my favorite kid books when my kids are older. Especially Harry Potter, Narnia series, etc.

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    11 weeks, lime

2) How are you feeling?
    Nausea is better, almost have my normal appetite back. Still tired all the time though. 

nope

I got some maternity clothes in the mail this week, including jeans, and man, why don't they make all jeans maternity jeans??? They're so comfortable! I hate pants bc the waist digs into me when I sit, but these are great!

H is psyched for family vacations like camping and the beach. I'm just excited to introduce him to Disney movies.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    12 weeks! A Passionfruit sized baby?
    2) How are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty good- tired,and dizzy at times, but the nausea is mainly gone now
    I had my 12 wk appt this week- heard a good strong heartbeat and was told to take my vitamins and come back in 6 weeks. okay then! 
    Question- now that my nausea and serious food aversions are gone (i swear i spent most of the 1st trimester eating crackers, toast, dry cereal...and gagging at the thought of veggies or chicken), I'm really trying to focus on eating as many healthy foods as i can. I already have a little mom guilt, feeling like Ive been introducing crappy food to my baby. Have any STMs done anything like a Whole 30 plan or something along those lines, while pregnant? Obviously i don't want to do anything too restrictive and i need to be realistic- sometimes cravings hit and I am going to give in. BUT i'd like a structured plan for eating healthy, whole foods for a while. Any suggestions or experiences?
    .5) GTKY: What of your "favorite things" are you looking most forward to sharing with your kid(s)? E.g. A favorite movie, food, tradition, etc. 
    My mom used to bake with us a lot, and now I bake with my nieces and nephews when i can. It gives them so much pride and excitement to be a part of making something (even just a box of cake mix) and i cannot wait to share that with this baby!

• Options
    @snoelle417 Can we talk about favorite children's books? 
  • Options
    @wal2017 Aaryn Williams, a YouTuber is a STM documenting her Whole 30 journey. She's around 20 weeks I think? Not totally sure. Her Instagram story is basically all about her eating.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace Ronald Dahl books! I hope my kid likes to read and likes those books. And anyone remember Sideways Stories from Wayside School? My parents still have all my books from when I was a kid so this one will get a nice library. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    11 weeks lime (minus the corona... sigh)
    2) How are you feeling?

A lot of energy this week.  Nausea is mostly gone

Nope

Rave for maternity tanks 

Love of books and holiday traditions

• Options
    @TattoosandLace Yes! I sense a future thread... we don't discriminate, love all books! Love Goodnight moon and the parody Goodnight Goo, the Little Blue Truck Series and of course the classics... the list is so long. DS's favorite is The House that Jack Built, which is sweet because it was a gift from my dad who builds houses. Love Scholastic books and also Usborne. Nothing beats a good ol' hardcover library book though!!
  • Options
    @eggplantface I love that your LO already has a library! 

@snoelle417 we don't discriminate either! We read all the time. It warms my heart that the girls like to read so much. Tonight, DD2 (13moths) climbed up into the kid recliner with a book and flipped pages. I was doing dishes and DH called me in. Melted my stinking heart. We do have a disproportionate amount of Usborne books since I sell them. Lol. DD1 is obsessed with 'Blue Whale Blues' right now. 
  • Options
    13 weeks a lime
    2) How are you feeling?
    The last few days Ive gagged more than I have in the last 13 weeks, :( otherwise my energy is slowly being restored 
    Had on last Monday and heard babies heartbeat!!!!!!! 

We love taking them to favorite places, the beaches we went to as kids. Mostly we just love starting our own traditions. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace Ha! Our favorite is Everyone Poops! Forgot about Brown Bear, Brown bear- I think we all have that one memorized!
  • Options
    11 weeks (as of yesterday) and the size of a lime!

2) How are you feeling?
    Super nauseous!! All the time!  But my husband was able to find the heartbeat on our home doppler for the first time which was so exciting!!

We have our 2nd prenatal appointment this Friday!! I am very excited!! 

Still none!

I think what I am looking forward to most is showing them how loved they are by their whole extended family! We live 2 provinces away from family and still see them as often as we can! 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace Ha! Our favorite is Everyone Poops! Forgot about Brown Bear, Brown bear- I think we all have that one memorized!
    Same 2 favorite books here! The fascination with "Everyone Poops" baffles me. She likes it better than her pop up books.  Side note, I'm very thankful "Everyone Poops" is not a pop up book
  • Options
    Oh my gosh can you imagine a poop pop up book? 
    DD1 has been walking around going "nothing happened" and laughing because it's a line in 'Blue Whale Blues'.  I'm pretty sure we have every That's Not My book that relates to our farm. Lol 

Brown Bear got read three times so far today before she remembered she asked for Nibbles during lunch.