December 2017 Moms

Happy Friday/Happy Weekend!

LADIES what is going on with our board? Ghost town!! We are totally skipping by daily threads (Wednesday ticker change never happened this week, FTM check in, others). I'm hoping it's just due to the summer.

Tell me about your weekend plans!! 

Image result for weekend gif
Me: 33 DH: 34
Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: Happy Friday/Happy Weekend!

• I can't wait to just take it easy this weekend, get some rest (19 weeks in and I'm still exhausted every day!), and catch up on some reading on my Kindle. Also, DH and I need to clear out his study and sell off his desk furniture so that we can turn that room into the nursery. I'm so excited to get that room all set up for baby! PS- TGIF!! My boss has been driving me batty this week- I need a break!
  • breezybeebreezybee member
    edited July 2017
    I have no idea what I'm doing this weekend!  I've been off work for about 2 weeks, (except for one random day Tuesday) so the weekend doesn't really make much of a difference for me lol. Hopefully something, though, because I'm getting really bored!
  • Loading the player...
  • TGIF! This week has been crazy at work.  Not sure what we're doing tomorrow. Sunday we are going to a baseball game with DS and all the in laws so that should be fun!
  • DH just texted me, "What do you want to do this weekend?" and I said, "No idea," so there's that! He gets off at 7 tonight so I'm hoping we can do absolutely nothing lol. I wish we could do more baby-related stuff but there's not much we can do at this point. We find out the sex Tuesday so I think then I'll finally be ready to hang some of the artwork we already have/acquire more of it.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • We are getting some "spring" cleaning done this weekend. DH is going to clean out and organize the garage, mud room and his workshop. And I'm going to reorgize the master closet and sorth through the boys closet and get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit anymore and also reorganize. And also take some of the random items that have found a home in the guest bedroom closet and put it in our storage. After next weekend (we have DHs family coming in town), we will begin the process of transforming that bedroom into a nursery. All of it is going to be a lot of work but it's all so needed and it's going to be wonderful when it's done :)

So basically, nothing fun this weekend. Lol

ps, is anyone else growing a stock pile of baby stuff somewhere random in their home? I'm anti-clutter, but until the guest bedroom gets cleared out after our guests leave I have been just storing baby items in our bedroom. It's driving DH nuts lol.
  • Not sure what we're going to do tonight - probably lay low.  Tomorrow night we're having date night to celebrate being half way there.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll throw the paint samples I bought on the wall so we can start to evaluate.  On Sunday we have tickets to a baseball game, so I'm hoping the weather is nice!

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @hellothere47 I miss restful weekends. Haha. I remember how I looked forward to them with DD, now it's up and at um at 7:00(at the latest) and go and play. We too need to clean out our guest bedroom for dd2 but I'll probably do it on fall break. I'm a teacher so I'm thinking I can get it all done in a week. Ha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today is DD's birthday. She is two today. We are taking her to the Rain Forest Cafe and then for ice cream tonight. 
    My dad and his gf and her DD are coming into town tomorrow to see my DD for her bday. We had her a party last weekend but they weren't invited because the can't be civil with my mom and it's a big mess. We'll probably do the pool tomorrow and something else to celebrate DD's bday. 
    Also, school starts Tuesday  :'(
    So I'm trying to enjoy my last weekend before school starts back. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @blueskies17 sweet house! Have fun!
    @MJDsquared @ktcakes87 good luck at the appointments! Yay!
    @ngarciabyu totally have a little baby pile of stuff going on. I think I'm going to buy a hamper for her room soon (even though the room is totally empty) just to have a place to start putting clothes

Pretty chill weekend on our end. Going out to dinner tonight with some friends and then seeing Dunkirk tomorrow with my sister and BIL. Sunday maybe doing a little hike with our dog and then probably driving somewhere new for lunch, which is something DH and I like to do when we have the time. I have a book called Lobster Shacks in New England that we use a lot in the summer.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• TGIF! We're having Date Night tonight to celebrate the end of a very long week for both of us, and hopefully getting some cleaning/organizing done around the house this weekend. (I had a burst of energy last night at 9:30, when I'm usually fast asleep on the couch, and I cleaned out our pantry and did a load of dishes. I'm going to try to ride that high through the rest of the house, since it's gotten away from me lately.) I has been entertaining the idea of blueberry picking with DH this weekend, but my cough is progressing and I think I should probably stay home and rest as much as possible. Then again, I really want to start making choices on paint colors, so maybe we'll sneak in an always-exciting trip to Home Depot for little paint samples.

@blueskies17 Your picture made me feel instantly warm and relaxed, hope you have an awesome weekend!

@ktcakes87 Yay anatomy scan day!! Hope it goes perfectly! <3 

@ngarciabyu Yep, DH's office (which will become the nursery once we stop being lazy) has become the repository of baby-related stuff. The "small pile" under his desk is really starting to take over.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @peachy13 Dunkirk was reallllllllly good. Christopher Nolan is just fantastic. Enjoy!
  • This is our first weekend where we have NO social plans in a really long time, and I'm thrilled! Let's see...my husband is going to hopefully finish his work on our guest bathroom, so that I can do the extra design stuff (new hand towels, new fluffy rug, hang the shower curtain, etc.) before my parent visit next week. They will be here for my 19 week ultrasound and a family wedding! In the bathroom, we replaced flooring, got a new vanity top, and painted the whole deal. It looks really good, and once I know the sex of the baby I might add some baby-oriented details to the room, like some new artwork! Other than that, I think we will just do the usual house chores and exercise. Have a relaxing weekend, everybody!
  • I was on vacation and just returned home - sad about weds ticker change! 

This weekend im finalizing details for my brothers wedding next weekend! Both of my girls are flower girls so we are getting dresses pressed, buying shoes, packing all that good stuff! After the wedding is over we are going to start working on the nursery - so excited to do that!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MJDsquared @ktcakes87 Good luck with your appointments! 

@blueskies17 That sounds so fun! I wish I had more friends who are couples. 

@djd0404 I have zero desire to clean besides cleaning up after I mess up/use something LOL. Kudos to you! 

SO has to work tomorrow, but we may go out on the boat afterwards or Sunday. I have to work for a few hours on Sunday. Other than that, we'll probably lay low or maybe go somewhere we can try out double strollers. 
  • I actually want to skip to Monday! I'm hosting a big event at work tomorrow that is fun but stressful. And Monday is DH Birthday and our Anatomy scan!!! So for once... I want the weekend to fly by. Haha
  • Happy Friday!  Finally just closed my computer for the day and trying to shut my brain off and keep from thinking about all the crap I need to do on Monday.

Tonight after H has drinks with some friends and I get my nails done we're headed out for pizza, yay!  Tomorrow we have plans to celebrate a friend's birthday, which should be fun (at least until I tire of being the only sober one).  Sunday I really think we should go register - I keep putting it off! 

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have to drive 2 hours away to my DH's great uncle's house, where we will see his mom's side of the family. DH's mom will be there and also his grandparents. His mom lives here but everyone else either lives 2 hours away or in Nebraska and he's not at all close with them. The family has a really weird dynamic. We are going at his mom's request. I'm not really looking forward to it as that side of the family are "jesus freaks" and hardcore Trump supporters- which is hard for me to stomach. (They tried to send DH's cousin to one of those rehabs to "get the gay out" and when it did not work they disowned him). I'm preparing myself for all kinds of unsolicited pregnancy and parenting advice. Hopefully we will not have to stay long.

Other than that, we might spend Sunday at a local lake.

31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• We have a busy weekend here. We have friends in from Chicago, Texas, and Seattle who all happen to be in town at the same time. So we are going to be busy getting together with each of them this weekend. It's a good kind of busy- I'm excited to see everyone! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sjissjis member
    Major Z's on this board lately! Maybe we should discuss fav sex positions or something!

DH and I have a date tonight, dinner and Dunkirk :) So excited, we are big film snobs and I love Christopher Nolan films. Other plans this weekend might include the beach but definitely Netflix & chill, and game of thrones

• I think the 6474 other people who ended up liking the arrest one in never have I ever should tell their stories to liven things up! Lol. Somehow it jumped from 3 to a whole bunch in the time I didn't look at it.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • We're at my mom's house and we're throwing a little birthday party for DD for our friends and family here! Hopefully all will go well-- she went to bed late because of the drive to get here so hopefully she will sleep well and not be grumpy. She did get some good naps in.

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @MJDsquared I have 3 arrest stories, I'll keep them brief  :D

1. 17yo me stole prom jewelry from Kohl's. My dad had just lost his job, so I didn't want to ask for money

2. 18yo me was at a house party and couldn't keep my mouth shut after drinking all night

3. 21yo me went out for a friend's 21 birthday with my now DH, and we got into a fight. He pulled over and got out to start walking, and I made the bad decision to start driving home. I got lost, hit a curb taking a turn too fast and broke something in the wheel/axis. Someone called 911, and shortly I was joined by 3 cops, an ambulance and a fire truck. Needless to say, I got a DWI. 
  • @moonlady-2 That sounds like people I'd hate to be around too. Good luck! I can't believe in this day and age that people think they can "turn" someone straight. I will never understand why some people feel the need to dictate what others do with their lives. 
  • I have been MIA for awhile because DH was gone and there was no time.  He came back last night so my weekend plans are doing nothing at all!

• @kathrynj088 Thank you for sharing! Haha I'm way too nosy, and was just surprised by how many people have been arrested! Though I'm sure they're all pretty similar to yours and the others who have shared--shoplifting, underage drinking, DUI, etc. And probably mostly from when we were younger!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019