February 2018 Moms

It's a boy/girl!!!!

Since so many ladies are starting to find out the sex of their LO here is a place to share your news!!!  Are you team blue or team pink?!?!

Re: It's a boy/girl!!!!

• @BumpAdmin can we get a sticky on this please?
  • mpp06mpp06 member
    ❤️ I can't wait to start seeing all the results! Should have mine in a week!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am only 11 weeks so still wont know for a while! But super anxious to find out!!
  • We'll find out in a week or so. I suspect it's a boy. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• I booked my anatomy scan for right when I turn 18 weeks at my first appointment. I just want to know already. My OBGYN wouldn't even let me Pay OOP for the blood test. I don't know why I'm so anxious to know this time around but it's driving me crazy 
  • Uhg i have to wait i go in 3 weeks for my 16 week check up and i am begfi g my ob for a us so i k ow. Its killing me i want to refer to my baby by name not as the baby or it. We have bets going everyone thinks its a girl i am like 90 percent sure its a girl but i dont want to set my hopes up to high so there is that 10 percent that says boy
  • How is everything finding out so early? 
    I understand PGS and knowing from that. But everyone else I'm confused. 
    I only going to be 13 weeks on Saturday, and I'm due the beginning of the month feb 3rd. 
    How does everyone else already know? 
    Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• mpp06mpp06 member
    The blood test that is offered. I am 12 weeks + and had mine done yesterday. Will know in a week. 
  • Is that the genetic screening blood work? 
    I had that done too, but I thought it was strictly to test for Down's syndrome? 
    TTC since March 2012
    3 failed IUIs in 2015

• mpp06mpp06 member
    I thought they automatically tested for it but when I was at my appt yesterday my dr asked, are you finding out if it's a boy or girl? I'm like, uh ya, I'm getting all the testing done (I had just gotten my u/s). So she told me they offer it but you have to fill out a form! I wouldve been so mad bc that was the main reason we were doing it! I'm guessing that maybe you could call and they could fill out that form and just send you to the lab if you still wanted to? I wish they were better at explaining and flat out ask do you want to know so they know and don't just assume either way!
  • magnolia305magnolia305 member
    edited July 2017
    mpp06 said:
    I thought they automatically tested for it but when I was at my appt yesterday my dr asked, are you finding out if it's a boy or girl? I'm like, uh ya, I'm getting all the testing done (I had just gotten my u/s). So she told me they offer it but you have to fill out a form! I wouldve been so mad bc that was the main reason we were doing it! I'm guessing that maybe you could call and they could fill out that form and just send you to the lab if you still wanted to? I wish they were better at explaining and flat out ask do you want to know so they know and don't just assume either way!
    With DS, my office specifically asked if I wanted to find out the sex, as well.  

edit because "pecifically" is not "specifically"  :D
  • I had the NIPT blood work done today.  Have to wait 2 weeks to find out!!  Most of the people who are finding out now are from that or IVF.
  • @MrsM00re87 - NIPT screens for trisomes, microdeletions and sex chromosomes. First trimester screening + NT scan doesn't screen for sex chromosomes. It looks for different maternal serum and fetal soft markers.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Okay, I'm assuming there's prolly a fee for that kind of test. I live in Canada, so I went with the prenatal screening - blood test and ultrasound. There was no mention of any sex chromosome blood test. All I was told was one was covered the other would be like $800, I want to know the sex but I can wait another few weeks until I go for my anatomy ultrasound
    TTC since March 2012
    3 failed IUIs in 2015

• I can't wait to find out - this forum is so useful! I didn't even know about the NIPT - no doctor has mentioned it to me yet, but I'm only 10 weeks so maybe that's why. I'm going to ask for one at my next appointment, which is at 13 weeks.
  • I can't wait to find out - this forum is so useful! I didn't even know about the NIPT - no doctor has mentioned it to me yet, but I'm only 10 weeks so maybe that's why. I'm going to ask for one at my next appointment, which is at 13 weeks.
    My OB draws blood for this test at 10 weeks, I'm going in for mine tomorrow at 10+2! It's not standard for all OBs/pregnancies yet so I know some people have had to ask for it or aren't even offered it, which sometimes might just come down to insurance since they don't always cover it. Just so you're prepared when you ask about it! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • NKF312NKF312 member
    I can't wait to find out - this forum is so useful! I didn't even know about the NIPT - no doctor has mentioned it to me yet, but I'm only 10 weeks so maybe that's why. I'm going to ask for one at my next appointment, which is at 13 weeks.
    Generally they require or strongly recommend it after age 35
  • ashhsaashhsa member
    I can't wait to find out - this forum is so useful! I didn't even know about the NIPT - no doctor has mentioned it to me yet, but I'm only 10 weeks so maybe that's why. I'm going to ask for one at my next appointment, which is at 13 weeks.
    You should ask now, they like to test at 10 weeks. Though you can get it done at anytime.
  • hr1116 said: 
    It's a girl! We found out on Tuesday through the NIPT test :) so excited 
    It's our first baby

Amazing! Congrats!
  • hr1116hr1116 member
    @omenka_nneoma Thank you! Can't wait to hear what you're having when you find out!! Don't forget to let us know :) and congratulations to you too
  • @omenka_nneoma the NIPT can be expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it.  Not sure about other countries but in the US it's generally covered if you are 35 or older or if you have a family history of genetic complications.  It's not a test to find out the sex of your baby, that just happens to be a perk!
  • Super exciting for everyone who already knows. I found out last pregnancy around 11.5 weeks. I go in next week for blood work and should find out the following week. I'm thinking my Fourth girl but I would be absolutely thrilled if it were a boy :) 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • hr1116hr1116 member
    @chucksmom15 Yup super expensive, $460 here in Australia. It is optional however our doctor recommended it, gender is a bonus like you said! 
    We also just wanted to be mentally prepared if anything was wrong with our little baby, thankfully all is well. 
    All the best to you all and your little jelly beans 
  • Just booked a 3D gender ultrasound at a company here so my DH can be there!! It'll be at 14 weeks so a little less than 5 weeks until we know!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• mpp06mpp06 member
    My last pregnancy it was sent out of network so I only had to pay $250. We went ahead and did it again so hopefully it's the same this time.
  • NIPT is only offered if you have certain risk factors (over 35, family history, IVF) where I am. They will not even test for sex with the NIPT because there have been issues with sex-selective termination. My anatomy scan has already been booked at the end of September but it's with a tech not my OB so I'll have to wait for a follow-up appointment to find out sex. I'm hoping I can get the results by the following week because my parents will be visiting from far away then and it would be fun to get to announce something to them in person.
  • mpp06mpp06 member
    @LadyMillil anytime we've had our anatomy scan, tech was always the one to give us our results about gender. If they have a screen, it is VERY clean most of the time whether it is a boy or a girl! They don't ever give me any other information, but I've always received a photo with it's a boy/ girl. It very well may be different where you are, but I hope it works out like mine have so you don't have to wait an extra week!
  • NIPT is only offered if you have certain risk factors (over 35, family history, IVF) where I am. They will not even test for sex with the NIPT because there have been issues with sex-selective termination. My anatomy scan has already been booked at the end of September but it's with a tech not my OB so I'll have to wait for a follow-up appointment to find out sex. I'm hoping I can get the results by the following week because my parents will be visiting from far away then and it would be fun to get to announce something to them in person.
    Generally the tech lets you see the screen,  points out all the parts,  and tells you if its a boy/ girl during the scan.

The only time i was not informed was when the baby had some very serious issues,  the tech told me nothing,  turned the screen away from me and refused to answer questions.  I knew something was seriously wrong then. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  •  Can we get a sticky please @BumpAdmin?
  • For those who have had NIPT done and have your results, how long did it take and what brand of test was it?  I had my blood drawn for the Harmony test last Wednesday and am impatiently waiting the results.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18