January 2018 Moms

MoMs (Moms of Multiples) weekly check-in - 7/25

A check in for the expecting Mom's of Multiples and those of us who have Multiples, so we can answer any questions about a multiples pregnancy, etc!

How far along are you?

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

How are you feeling?

What rants/raves/questions/advice?

QOTW: What is your favorite ice cream/gelato/italian ice (favorite way to keep cool during this summer)?

Re: MoMs (Moms of Multiples) weekly check-in - 7/25

• How far along are you? 13w5d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Had NT scan #2 yesterday since one twin wouldn't cooperate last week. This time, neither twin would cooperate. The tech had to go get the doctor and they had to do a transvaginal AND an abdominal ultrasound at.the.same.time! :anguished: Luckily, they were able to get the measurements they needed. I told my OB at that meeting later in the day (they had sent me to another ultrasound office cause they were booked solid this week) and she said that the doctor that saw me if "probably the best US tech/doctor in the country at the moment." ::shrugs:: 

How are you feeling? Nausea is FINALLY slowly getting better! Fatigue, headaches, and heartburn are now the main unpleasant things.

What rants/raves/questions/advice? I really can't believe that I'm almost in the second trimester. i don't really feel pregnant (except for all the MS symptoms and being tired all the time) and I'm not *really* showing - it could still totally just passed off as fat....lol. DH and I were somewhere the other day and a friend mentioned that DH has a designated driver for the next 9 months, and DH corrected him and said "six months." He turned to me, all panicked, and said, "they're gonna be here in 6 months. WTF are we gonna do? that's too soon!" :lol:

QOTW: What is your favorite ice cream/gelato/italian ice (favorite way to keep cool during this summer)?
    I've been hoarding those icy pop Flavor Ice things in my freezer for the past couple months. They help with the nausea, and now that it's hot, i (mentally) feel that they keep me cool. There's also a market a block down that has black raspberry chip ice cream, and i looooooove it with chocolate jimmies! They also have italian ice. When i visit my parents in Newport, RI, I'm all about the Del's Frozen Lemonade!

• Mudge85Mudge85 member
    edited July 2017

How far along are you? 16+6!

No appointments until the 8th of Aug!

How are you feeling? Surprisingly really well - just sleepy... but that's about it.

What rants/raves/questions/advice? Questions: 1. What are you all doing for baby monitors? I know there are convos on other threads about this topic but I'm curious what other MoMs are planning to do.

2. What are you planning to do post birth / how soon are you planning to have someone come "help" I feel like it's important to get into a routine of our own before visitors come but someone said today (who has twins...) that because I'm having twins I likely won't feel that way when they are born... and will just want someone there ASAP.

QOTW: What is your favorite ice cream/gelato/italian ice (favorite way to keep cool during this summer)? Ben and Jerrys Mint chocolate cookie or chocolate chip cookie dough

Edit: because I type too fast and leave words out... cool.

• Loading the player...
  • @Mudge85 - i LOVE ben & jerry's cookie dough! have you ever been to their stores/factories in VT? it's so much fun and we can (at least, they used to let us) sample alllll the flavors we want! :smile:
  • @caseyw8784 nooooooooo!!!!!!!!! I neeeeeed to go there... haha!
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks today.  Hello 2nd trimester!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?  Today!  Went well.  Both girls are doing well and my SCH is healing.   Some restrictions lifted but still supposed to rest often.

How are you feeling?  Great today!  Except for the heartburn.   Maybe they'll be born with gorgeous hair, lol.

What rants/raves/questions/advice? Rant - So tired of MIL touching my belly and announcing to complete strangers that we're having twins.  Rave - Identical twin girls!!!  After 2 boys (7 and almost 6)!  God is so good!!!  Question - none for now.  Dr. Google and 5 prenancy apps have those covered, lol.  Advice - keep calm and pray.  Have faith.  Faith is not believing something can happen, it is believing that God will make something happen. (Saw that on a local church sign the other day and love it!).

QOTW: What is your favorite ice cream/gelato/italian ice (favorite way to keep cool during this summer)?  Butterfinger Blast from Sonic (guilty pleasure in pregnancy as I usually don't eat sugar).  Limited to 1 per week, lol.
  • @rlansing that sounds AH-MAY-ZING! now im gonna have to find the closest sonic... hmm... ( I know we have them at home about 3 hours away and I know there is one SOMEWHERE here... I just don't know where...)
  • A check in for the expecting Mom's of Multiples and those of us who have Multiples, so we can answer any questions about a multiples pregnancy, etc! 

How far along are you? 15+3 they moved my dates at 13 week u/s

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? I have an apt today with my normal ob.. not sure what's going to happen since she saw me 2 weeks ago . My mom is coming with me to watch DD since DH can't be here and having a 13 month old solo can't go well at the doctor . Hopefully they take a peek at the littles so Nani can see :) 

How are you feeling? Ugh... getting a little better in fact yesterday I only felt sick once so maybe there is a light and maybe I can ween myself off my ms medicine because it makes me sooo tired! Here's to hoping 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? ... anyone have any advice on bucket 2nd row vs bench 2nd row? We have been seriously car shopping ... rants... I went to one of my best friends bachelorette party last weekend . I knew I would be really annoyed since I was the only sober one so I was prepared for that . We are from a really really small town , so needless to say my DH ex GF was there . I am 9 years younger then DH she was 12 years older then DH . She never had children, and the entire night she would not stop rubbing my stomach !! SO WEIRD!!! Of coarse I was t going to say much babout cause I didn't want to cause any drama for the bachelorette by my gosh it was hard to keep my mouth shut .. end of rant :) 

QOTW: What is your favorite ice cream/gelato/italian ice (favorite way to keep cool during this summer)? Colorado has been really cool this month because it has rained every afternoon so I am lucky there but my gramma makes homemad ice cream , my favorite being mint chocolate chip. She made a TON of DD 1st birthday so I have been having that in the evenings after DD goes to bed . Is that bad lol??
  • @ecolton01 - DH has a weird work schedule, so he works 2-3 24 hour shifts each week......on the days he works, i've been going and buying a pint of ben&jerry's and usually finish it before he gets home the next morning! (not EVERY shift, but i'm always tempted to go get some every shift...) .....and he doesn't know about it!  :lol:
  • Hi!  I'm 17 weeks, 3 days with mo/di twin girls.

I have my anatomy scan next week.  I'm a little anxious about finding something of concern, but hoping that everything looks good.  I couldn't do the NT scan-- the babies wouldn't cooperate, and the tech wasn't interested in making any effort, since I was getting the blood test.  So I just want to get to Wednesday afternoon with a clean bill for them both.

I'm still feeling nausea, which kicks in early afternoon and lasts until bedtime.  But it's better than it used to be.  I'm still having scary round ligament pain, especially when I start walking at a normal human pace (well, I'm short, so my normal pace is kind of fast and bouncy).  I have to make myself walk slowly.  I'm so happy to be growing these babies, but I also look forward to the day when my body is mine again, and I can start getting strong again.  I can just feel my muscles getting all weak.

@Mudge85 Since we're accepting that a c-section is likely, that means I may not be 100% when we suddenly have two babies to care for, so we're probably going to let my parents come by to help once we know what we need help with.  My parents are already trying to find things to do around our house, to help us out, so I know they're excited!  These will be their first grandchildren.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• How far along are you? 
    12 weeks 2 days

i got my blood work done for maternity 21 labs last weeks should hear back something by next week.

How are you feeling? 
    Still pretty nauseated unless I'm eating something. I hope this ends soon. I had MS with my son until 16 weeks. Hopefully these two will let me off the hook sooner than later.

What rants/raves/questions/advice? 
    DH wants me to start looking for a nanny now, yet I have no idea where to begin and really don't want to start looking yet. The nanny wouldn't start until October/November anyway to get aquanited with my son. Can anyone recommend how to start this process?

Coldstone ice creamery cake batter mixed with chocolate with almonds and marshmallows mixed in! They closed the one I would stop at on my way to my son's school. Guess it's good for me since I was stopping 2-3 days a week! 
  • @Mudge85 - we don't know all the details about the delivery yet (obv) but once we are home (or thereabouts) from the hospital, my parents will stay with us for a week, and then my in-laws will come for a week as well. FIL is retired, so he will also plan on coming up every so often if we need help (DH's worst nightmare is that we get that winter from a couple years ago - when Boston got 120" of snow in 6 weeks! - and that i'll be stuck in the house and needing help with the twins while he is outside shoveling out our 2 cars for 6 hours...lol) I think we figure that we may need the help at first and then will have time to bond as a family... :smile:
  • Mudge85Mudge85 member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for sharing how you're dealing @caseyw8784 & @KLake42. I am alao thinking a csection is most likely... I guess I'm just concerned being a FTM I don't want someone to come in and tell me exactly how I'm suppose to be doing everything but I guess I need to just get over it. It's a different situation since it's twins. A gentleman that works with me that has three grown kids made a good point to me today when he found out I am pregnant. He said "take the help in the beginning and know that mom, or mother in law are other there for a short time, be it one week, two weeks or two days.... you have the rest of your life to do things exactly how you want". He's so right so I think I'll just suck it up. 

Edit because mobile sucks.