February 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 7/26

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: How did you meet your SO? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 7/26

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 12 weeks, plum!

2) How are you feeling? I went to a concert last night so very tired. I have noticed how much a later night or too much sun makes a huge difference in how I feel for days after. Other than that feeling pretty good!

3) Any appointments this week? I went to the Dr. yesterday after two mornings of *TMI sorry* a sort of gush of pinkish fluid. I know its common but I haven't really had anything like that the entire time and DH has been away for 3 weeks and so everything is more scary, so I went in. Baby was VERY active and wiggly and heard the hb so I feel better. I also have my NT scan Friday and should be getting my Harmony test results then as well. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Benefit of going in last minute was that I had to see the other midwife and the OB in my practice and they were both SO great, so I am really confident with my choice to switch, since my other OB office is STILL giving me so much trouble and is terrible. 

5) GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We actually met on Match.com. He was my first date on Match, and we hit it off right away and got really serious right away. We like picked out baby names (that were terrible OMG) and told everyone we were getting married and everyone was like "yeah ok eyeroll" but here we are! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    10 weeks!

2) How are you feeling?
    Still very nauseous, I have been pretty useless this week since I only feel sort of ok when I'm sitting or laying down. Thankfully I don't have any major responsibilities outside home this week so it's ok, but next week I go back to work so I'm nervous about that. 

Just a blood panel on Friday. I had an appointment on Monday and saw the baby wiggling away with a strong heartbeat, so that was encouraging! I'll get drawn for the genetic screen and for all the regular prenatal tests. So like 7 vials lol, that should be fun.

Just excited to have made it this far! Kind of pinching myself that I may have two take him babies in a row after all the difficulties we had. Also hard to wrap my head around having two kids come February.

We met in middle school, started dating our sophomore year of high school, and just liked each other so much we kept each other! Haha. Got married during college, been married 4 years! 

Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsJ2410 so happy to hear everything was ok with your LO!  We are a match.com couple too!!!  

@winnie1122  maybe ask your doctor about calling oyu in some Zofran.  It has been a lifesaver for me and it doesn't make you drowsy like diclegis.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby?  12 weeks!  A plum!

2) How are you feeling?  Better most days but still some days where Zofran is my friend.

3) Any appointments this week?  Have my 12 week appointment, NT Scan and NIPT blood draw tomorrow.  We will know if we are team blue or pink in 1-2 weeks!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  My DH was working as a contract employee but recently got hired as an employee of the company he has been contracting for.  So proud of him!  Plus the new company's insurance is much cheaper and much better than mine!  You know you are old when insurance gets you excited lol.

5) GTKY: How did you meet your SO?  On match.com!  We would have never met otherwise.
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 11 weeks, a lime! Very hard to believe... we have some limes in our fruit bowl, so I had a nice visual. It seems so BIG!

2) How are you feeling? Tired. Very very tired. Everyone said #2 is more tiring, just because you're also caring for another kid... but wow. I'm wiped out.

3) Any appointments this week? Had my first one (finally!) on Monday, heard the heartbeat! 166bpm. No u/s though :(

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? More on my doctor issue. I appreciate the comments the last time I posted :) I haven't chimed in in a while because I've been waiting to see how it would all shake out. My problem is not so much my specific doctor as the overall quality of medical services available in my area. For example, instead of a first trimester screening, they just offer a second trimester triple screen blood test, which has a huge false positive rate and a pretty low level (compared to other tests) of accuracy overall. They don't even offer the quad screen. Not only is there no one who can do a first trimester screen locally, but no one I spoke with had even heard of it!! I thought it was pretty standard??
    We're driving to the next largest city (2 hours away) to have it done, but we had to spend a whole day calling around to different providers to try and find someone who would see us. It just left me with a sinking feeling about giving birth in this town. Like, are they really equipped-- with both resources and experience-- to deal with major emergencies??

5) GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We were in a Mayan language class together in Guatemala, where we both did our dissertation research.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @katefb17 that is crazy!  I think your concerns are valid
  • @chucksmom15 Thanks! I was starting to feel like maybe I was overreacting yesterday (when we were really in the thick of calling around), like, maybe this test isn't really any "better" than what we were offered? But it's really more than the test. We're stuck here for our jobs, but I'm considering whether scheduling an induction in the larger city might be a better option than delivering locally :grimace:
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    9 weeks--the size of a cherry

2) How are you feeling?
    perfectly fine

nope

First trimester screen--is it actually worth doing? I'm really torn and kind of leaning towards not doing it.

online in DC a few years ago
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @heathermccarthy0924 It's really up to you, I like getting all information possible always, so I like getting it, but if insurance doesn't cover it or you have no risk factors, it's not necessarily something you need. I have had four unexplained miscarriages and so I feel like it's worth getting in case something shows up since it is quite possible we have something in our genetics that has affected past pregnancies. But this test is just a screening, it can identify risk but not diagnose a problem. So it has the potential to give you a scare when there isn't anything, but it also has the potential to prepare you for something actually being wrong so you can get the appropriate diagnostic tests if necessary. Soooo basically it comes down to what you feel like you would benefit from knowing/not knowing at this point in pregnancy.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
    12 weeks, a lime 

2) How are you feeling?
    Actually pretty good. Still a lot of fatigue and my book  safe sore but otherwise I feel really good. 

Nope. Monday is my NT scan

Got my results from my Counsyl testing the other day.  0.05% chance of any abnormalities. And it's another boy!

At work. I trained him and then when I decided to get a new job he finally asked me out. 

11 weeks/lime

2) How are you feeling?

not too bad. Last week the nausea and exhaustion were insane but this week the nausea is almost nil and the exhaustion is manageable until evening and then I head to bed. :) 

saw my family doctor on Wednesday. She wouldn't even listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler because my uterus is still pretty low and she insisted that she was not going to cause me to freak out by not being able to hear it. I am with my family doctor until I move at the end of August and then I will be transferring  to a midwife in my new town. 

not really 

At a church get together but started dating officially once his sister set us up and basically told him that I liked him and that he should ask me out.  Lol ( she and I had been good friends for a year and a half prior)