January 2018 Moms

Mini Crib... (Who knew this was even a thing)

Hey there! STM here and we are going to be needing a new crib as my first son still sleeps in his. The nursery will be set up in our spare room which is pretty darn small. I just came across something and saw there are mini cribs! Any thoughts on these? Wondering how long it will fit the new baby because our two year old is still in his. Has anyone purchased and used a mini crib? Where did you buy cute bedding and sheets? 

Re: Mini Crib... (Who knew this was even a thing)

• @hallbr I never even heard of a mini crib! I just looked up dimensions though and it looks like the mini crib is 38" versus the standard 52". My 3yo is 39" right now, but she's tall.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• hallbrhallbr member
    They are so much more cost efficient too! I can buy a new mini crib close to the cost I can of buy a used crib. They do convert as well! You brought up a good point. By 2yo is 33" right now. I could probably get away with using it for 2 years but not much longer. I just can't find any cute bedding... Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know mini cribs were a thing. Thanks for the help :) 

• Loading the player...
  • A lot of daycare centers use the mini cribs for the infants. We had to buy mini crib sheets for DS when he was little. Sometimes they are on wheels! They're pretty cute really.

@hallbr Babyletto has mini crib bedding that isn't too bad.
  • We have a mini crib that we LOVE! We use it in our bedroom though, and use a regular crib in the nursery. You can get cute sheets on Amazon. Baby probably won't be able to stay in it for as long as a regular crib though, I'd say not past a year. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're going to get a mini crib. There's not as big of a selection of bedding and stuff, but we need the smaller size so it'll work
  • My in-laws had borrowed a mini-crib for my daughter to sleep in when we would spend a couple of weeks at their place and I loved it! She is on the tall side though so I think it would have been 15 months at most that she'd fit in the mini-crib. You might be able to find a good deal on one from Wayfair.