February 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday | 7.25

What's being a twatwaffle in your life today, ladies?
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday | 7.25

• Options
    The Amazon delivery guy who just delivered a mattress and left it in my living room. Like I can move the shit up a flight of freaking stairs. 
  • Options
    My uber driver. He didn't listen to me when I said to get in the car pool lane and now I'm in grid lock. Welp guess I might be late to work. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At the beach for 3 nights with my husband, his boss, and the boss's family. I'm only 10w4d and we decided together we did not want to tell them about the pregnancy. We know they are smart people and would probably figure it out, but we falsely assumed they would have the common sense and decency to not say anything to us, because, obviously, if we didn't bring it up then we probably don't want to talk about it. 

We were wrong.

The boss's SIL, who I just met, cornered me last night. I kept silent and didn't really confirm or deny anything. She then told her sister (the boss's wife), who cornered me on the beach today and asked if our parents knew about "my condition." 

Grrrrrrrr....
  • Options
    mpp06mpp06 member
     :o@sabriel1 that lady just sounds lovely. (Sarcasm)
  • Options
    The person in my office that regularly has a late afternoon tuna sandwich!  WHY!  Tuna is an office no-no anyway.  It stinks!  But now, this is especially bad!
  • Options
    @babybro218 that's terrible!!! Does the boss even know how inappropriate the women in his life are being? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sabriel1 really again with this woman?!?!

@babybro218 I would have lost it.  How rude!!

My TW goes to the guy at Verizon who set our new account on Saturday.  He lied to us about when we would get the initial bill and a host of other things.  Oh and he signed us up for services we didn't ask for or consent to.  A lovely lady at the national call center is fixing our issues but I am reporting him to the store manager.
  • Options
    @sabriel1 Honestly with my raging hormones I would have ripped her face off. What a @$?!
  • Options
    Yeah - if it happens again I might just lose it. I usually don't like making a scene and am pretty good at brushing things off but with her I just can't, especially now. She best not bring it up or anything up about any of my kids anymore. I've been going to playgroup for 4 years and have never had an issue with anyone so I know this woman is just an idiot

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    sabriel1 said:
    That Mom that I talked about last time from my play group the other day who threatened my son with consequences for not sharing. Well she was at it again today. My son and hers were playing and she was reading a book and not even watching and then looks up and started to check my kid. The boys were both laughing and playing.

I just interrupted her and was like "he's not even doing anything wrong". Then she says "well he's taking the trains" (no trains in sight) and I just said "listen, you are not his mom". Seriously, I pretty much never have a problem with people checking my kid at play group but this woman is too much and picks on my kid. I wanted to punch her
    I want to punch her too. What a twat. 
  • Options
    My entire office right now and how they are speculating if I'm expecting or not. I'm very private but no one else seems to respect that and think that we all should share what's going on in our lives. One person asked me to my face if I am, and 2 through my supervisor (who knows because I've had such a bout of morning sickness very early).
    1) please mind your own business.
    2) I haven't even told my family yet.
    3) I haven't put much weight on at all so it just makes me feel very self conscious at this point and I dread getting up from my desk now.
  • Options
    @stephbp2007 that is so frustrating. Same thing is happening at my office. People are so nosy. 
  • Options
    @stephbp2007 that is THE WORST. People were doing that to me before I was pregnant (but very privately going through 2 years of IVF) and I had the same response as @eggplantface . I start school in 1 month and I don't plan to tell anyone at work until I absolutely can't hide it anymore. I am dreading the rumors and gossip.
  • Options
    my coworkers!! ordered a big tray of seafood paella and left it out on the cube next to me for the past 3 hours. kill meeeee
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @babybro218
    That is so frustrating. I can't even count the times I've been in the same position this month. I want to go out an socialize, but its hard when you can't eat and drink normally, and your friends won't keep it in! I'm sure this is karma, and now I'm on the receiving end. Lesson learned.
  • Options
    The person in my office that regularly has a late afternoon tuna sandwich!  WHY!  Tuna is an office no-no anyway.  It stinks!  But now, this is especially bad!
    I used to be a nanny before and right up until I had my daughter and the people who I nannied for used to eat an insane amount of tuna. They would crack open a can, drain the liquid ON TOP OF the dishes in the sink that I would have to do, and then just mix it with mayo and eat it with a fork....yeah....just typing that made me want to hurl. Strong smells and me in pregnancy are not friends. 
  • Options
    I used to be a nanny before and right up until I had my daughter and the people who I nannied for used to eat an insane amount of tuna. They would crack open a can, drain the liquid ON TOP OF the dishes in the sink that I would have to do, and then just mix it with mayo and eat it with a fork....yeah....just typing that made me want to hurl. Strong smells and me in pregnancy are not friends. 
    Oh hell no!!
  • Options
    Oh hell no!!
    So disgusting.
  • Options
    Oh hell no!!
    I used to get so rage-y.... not that I could really do anything. But man it made my blood boil. 
  • Options
    The people on my commute are twatwaffles especially this woman in a burgundy Suburban. I live in a small mountain town but work in an adjacent city, as do most people in town, so it's often the same people on the drive down the hill. Every friggin day this woman drives 10 miles below the speed limit in the fast lane and REFUSES to move over. And if you try to pass her in the slow lane the bitch speeds up! She does this with everyone and some people get seriously pissed off. Every morning! Im trying to leave earlier so I don't have to deal with her but this week hasn't worked out. It's like she's deliberately trying to piss people off. People have even posted in our community Facebook group about her because she's done it for so long. One day she'll pull this with the wrong person and end up in a wreck. While I don't wish bad things on others, with her attitude that she puts out there daily it can't be good for her karma.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 that literally makes me batty. In my state it's the law to pull over to the other lane if someone is on your bumper signaling you're going to slow. But without fail out of state drivers will not move and then get mad at people on their bumper that they play games with speeding up. Which is exactly why our state passed this because it causes accidents. And some state troopers I talked to said it helps them catch people speeding if other people are moving over lol 
  • Options
    Augh!!!!!  It's the tuna fish sandwich again!!!!!  And I'm really struggling with nausea today.  Why?!
  • Options
    Augh!!!!!  It's the tuna fish sandwich again!!!!!  And I'm really struggling with nausea today.  Why?!
    I think it's time for this:

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018