January 2018 Moms

Fantasy Football League

Anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league? For fun, not money.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fantasy Football League

• edited July 2017
    I usually commission one for my Dec-15 mom group but I'm not sure I'm going to. Everyone quits every year and I find I'm the only one trying to win. haha. I'd be down to play in here. :)

edit: spelling is hard. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @gusgus14 Yay :)

@supercoolstephy Awesome! I was going to be commiss if no one else wanted to but I have never been a commissioner soooooooo can I take your post as a volunteer to be commissioner?? 

If anyone is interested just say so in here and when it gets closer we can pull it all together... or actually Commisioner @supercoolstephy ;P however you'd like to do it :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm all in!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. I can commish. It's better to keep it at 10 players otherwise all the good/decent players are gone early on. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd love to be in! I LOVE FF because it gets me excited to watch football!
  • I'm in! We will actually be able to watch football for the first time in 4 years!
  • So we've got 8 so far :) Im excited!

livingoffpbjs
    gusgus14
    supercoolstephy
    jaclyn0405
    Dani0329
    libbberty
    jakobaby
    Cricket99

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Have you guys watched The League? It's kinda amazing. I watch it every year before my FF leagues start. Also, it's highly inappropriate for children and people who do not like highly inappropriate comedy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy
    FOREVER UNCLEEEEEEEAAAAANNNNN 
    Honestly you have just depressed me because I miss it so much 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Im going to start re watching tonight. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any fun league names? I'm not so creative in that world.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy @livingoffpbjs - I love The League! I remember watching the first season and thinking it was way too vulgar but then I rewatched and couldn't stop laughing. I was so sad when we finished the whole series.

• @livingoffpbjs and @gusgus14 i felt like the last season wasn't assssss good as previous seasons but it was still so dang good. Sidenote: before I met my husband I had a gentleman who I "hung out" with who looked EXACTLY LIKE TACO!!!!!!!!!!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If I knew anything about football I'd be in because this sounds like fun! However all I understand is that there's a quarterback and touchdowns and field goals  :D
  • @supercoolstephy Can I have his number? Its cool, my husband loves Taco enough to be ok with it ;P Have you watched Jon Lajoi's youtube videos? I loved Jon Lajoie before THe League. hes so stupid hahaha

We have a friend that is soooooo much like Ruxin I have developed a small secret crush on him just because he reminds me of Ruxin. Which doesnt even make sense since Ruxin isnt hot and he is such a grinch..... but i Like it lol 

We have another friend that reminds us of Murr from Impractical Jokers, I just wanna hug him all the time and find him a good wife lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @schaze I feel liek you dont have to be a football expert (Im not) but its important to be into all games. Its no fun if you really only watch your team. But thats a huge reason I love Fantasy Football. It really pulled me into only wanting to watch my home team to wanting to watch every single game. Not just rooting for my home team but rooting for my fantasy team, things get intense in our house during football season 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs - Our house gets intense, too! Last season we kicked off Fantasy with my husband and I playing each other and then of course there was the whole Super Bowl thing with me being a Falcons fan and him being a Patriots fan (he's from Mass. originally and moved down here for college). 

@schaze - I agree with pbjs - you don't even really have to understand the game, you just have to figure out who the good players are but you do have to monitor and make sure you're checking your line up every week! It does help to know the good match ups and be aware of bye weeks and you always run the risk of having to drop an injured player and find someone new. BUT it really is fun! 
  • @gusgus14 DH is a HUGE Patriots fan, I'm a Cowboys fan. So we haven't had heated games yet. We don't play in a league together anymore. He's not a fun person to play so I'm happy to not play with him. haha. We usually host his main league's draft party at our house, which is super fun... and long.

And yes, @schaze as gusgus14 mentioned you have got to watch to make sure someone doesn't get injured. Cue my tears and refusal to drop Gronk last season because he was my first round pick and I was sure he would come back. Spoiler alert... he did and then was out again. Ugh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • leek71983leek71983 member
    edited July 2017
    I'm in! @supercoolstephy I played with my Dec 15 bmb and I played for real, but also got the feeling people didn't really care. 
  • Last year was terrible. DH and I were in two leagues together and somehow the 2 times we played each other in both leagues were on the same days the Skins and Giants played each other. Talk about coincidence. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leek71983 are you in my group? haha but seriously. I felt like that too. I almost didn't do it this year but decided what the heck lets give a good try with a facebook group for us to smacktalk haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're at 9 teams. We need one more to round it out:

livingoffpbjs 
    gusgus14 
    supercoolstephy 
    jaclyn0405 
    Dani0329 
    libbberty 
    jakobaby 
    Cricket99 
    leek71983

sidenote: @livingoffpbjs they're taking The League off Netflix on 8/30.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy I know seasn one is a short one but I watched all of season one last night hahaha, ill be good! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bump because we need 1 more player

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy At first I thought maybe I was, then I reread and saw it was through fb. I'm excited for this group! Sounds like people will be more into it. 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    I'm in for FF! 

I play an all female league with my cousins called A Fantasy League of Their Own. I was never into football until I joined the league.

Also, love The League! DH and I watched it together. It was so inappropriate I covered my eyes sometimes and other times I'd be on the floor laughing.

Since many people are fans of The League what about Sheba's Tribe or Taco's Ladies for a league name.
  • We could be Too Hot to Handle
  • @livingoffpbjs Did you want to set up the league or should I do it? Didn't want to do it since I knew you were the one who started the convo, but I can and have no problem if you want me to. :)

NFL.com has always been a good one to use, not yahoo, that one is blah. ESPN is ok.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agreed. Yahoo is my least favorite. I use ESPN and NFL for both of my other leagues so I'm good with either of those.
  • I prefer ESPN but am fine with NFL. I say set it up :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok. I set it up. We can change the name whenever we want. I'll dm each one individually since it's password protected.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok. Message has been sent. I've set the draft for a Live draft on 8/29/17 at 9 pm EDT. If that day doesn't work, I can change the date. If you'd like to auto draft, you can do that too, just make sure you've set you pre-draft ranking order. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I better nap before lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll be auto drafting, I'm probably the odd one out in that it will be 2am here. One month later I'll be east coast time though! Woot!
  • Good morning lovely ladies! We're needing one more person to join our league. Right now we have 9 spots filled. Let me know if you're interested. The draft is next week.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ahhhh I can't wait!
  • @libbberty me too! Although, I was thinking about it, and a lot of you might be delivering during the playoffs and championship weeks. So that might be hard. I'm due at the end of January so I think I might be ok. Maybe.

Pregnancy Ticker