interesting thinking hmm walrus GIF

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Randoms - Week of July 24

• My toddler peed in his car seat today. And I really don't want to clean it  :'(:'(
  • Loading the player...
  • @hullabalou I'd love to see before and after pictures.  And what is the name of the product you used - my sister moved into a fixer upper this year but they don't have funds to remodel the kitchen.  She was thinking about painting the countertops to look like granite (some sort of kit), but I'm wondering if the product you used would be easier and better.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @KASG I had a similar problem when we got our surround sound! I didn't have trouble getting the TV to come on, but I struggled with the sound. It was like the TV sound and the surround sound didn't get along, so neither would work! So frustrating!
  • We went to Best Buy yesterday (actually DH went in and DS and I stayed in the car) to look for a new TV. He found one but wanted to think about it and ask his brothers opinion... DS and I had to go back to buy it today. A 14 month old + Best Buy is my worst nightmare. I literally held him tightly in my arms while he squirmed nonstop and wined because he wanted to touch ALL the things!
  • I'm guessing this is a good spot to ask this question...if it's not, sorry. 
    Is there a thread/group for Mums using midwives vs the OB route?
    thanks ladies!!
  • Also, can anyone tell me how to insert a "spoiler" link into a post? I tried to hide the picture in the above comment in case it was huge, but couldn't figure out how.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hullabalou Looks great! I'll have to mention this to my sister. 

To insert a spoiler press the paragraph button and it should be on the drop down list. But what you want hidden inside the grey box and you're done. (And sometimes the grey box doesn't cooperate.)
  • KASG said:
    My stupid techy husband bought this stupid sound bar and now every so often, I can't turn on the tv!! Like, isn't technology supposed to make our lives easier and/or better? Ugh!!! 
    @KASG this is 100% something that would happen at my house. I went through a period of time where I didn't know the right 8 gazillion buttons to hit to get the tv, dish, and sound to come on at once. It was a circus. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @heatherdubrow I was actually going to ask about midwives vs OB's! I've always heard it's very different and I'm super curious for a rundown. But if there aren't differences, then I guess that's that. 

And I've been wanting to do a VBAC and/or home birth check in! The lead up is super emotional and I think we could use the support, but didn't want to start something people would hate. 
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @barrelocarol You can always start one and if it takes off, it takes off. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

The issue isn't with threads that are outside the "norm." It's with threads that are purely self-serving. For example, there's a big difference in starting a midwives v OBs or a doulas pros & cons thread that is phrased as "Let's discuss how you made this decision" versus ignoring the three threads that already exist on the topic and creating another phrased as, "Should I get an OB or a midwife?" I'm happy to discuss amongst friends. I'm not happy to retype or to be used by someone too lazy to do any reading about it that isn't written just for them. 

As for a VBAC/home birth check in, I would think that if there are enough people in that situation, they'd be glad to have it to discuss finding doctors/midwives, where their ordering/renting stuff from, supply checklists, etc. Maybe start out with it being monthly unless it gets huge bc I'm not sure how many fit that category here. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @woundedunicorn I feel like this type of thread would be great - but maybe once the halfway point of our pregnancies comes.  I think first trimester care is probably pretty similar.  But this type of thread would be a good one because it can involve lots of people in a discussion and hasn't already been posted.
  • I guess I should clarify, Obs and Midwives do have differences. For example a midwife is able to take more time with their patients than an MD. I just wasn't thinking they were differences that required a whole check in. But I agree with @kiki75 to start a thread and see what happens. Also agree that the new threads are great when they're not self serving.
  • Yes! Thank you for all the responses! While I'm a TB veteran, I'm still getting used to the new format and don't want to annoy and do something just bc I don't know better or used to do it that way. 

Ok! Starting a thread! 
  • I just got a hole in my leggings. I live in leggings and I only have a couple pair. Plus they're the only thing that fit. Guess I'm going shopping. 
  • I wish my kid would take like a 5-hour nap today so that I would have ample time to take a nap myself as well as catch up on my Bravo shows and Teen Mom. 
  • @pbtoast I feel you!! I want at least an hour nap during my daughter's nap, but then I also want to watch Call the Midwife. I need at least three hours :/ 

• While we are asking about threads, have we started an app recommendation thread, yet? 
  • SP128SP128 member
    I dont own leggings. SHock, horror, gasp. ANy recommendations for a petite lady with defined legs. I tried before and they were way too long and I looked like I had plump sausages for legs. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• kmallskmalls member
    @SP128 Pea in a Pod has amazing maternity leggings that I'm ashamed to admit I've lived in for about two years. I'm short, so I get their cropped leggings and they're great. They still look cropped but they're long enough to wear with boots into the fall. I'll try to find the exact link later, but they're the mid-priced leggings, not the $93 kind. 
  • @chasingroygbiv Go for it! I'd love to hear comparisons from ppl who have tried a few.
  • I just got my u/s appt for next week moved up from Friday to Tuesday, and I'm so excited!  Still 6 days away, but at least I'll hopefully get to hear the heartbeat that much sooner!! 
  • It's 7:23 and I am in bed about to go to sleep!! I am so pathetic! Only 5 weeks and 3 days! I forgot how absolutely exhausting this is in the beginning. Goodnight! 
  • Woke up today thinking it was Friday!!
    because my pregnant brain thought it was Thursday yesterday. All. Day. I was planning for Friday dammit!

• Woke up today thinking it was Friday!!
    because my pregnant brain thought it was Thursday yesterday. All. Day. I was planning for Friday dammit!

This is the worst!!

***TW***

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are leaving for our friends cottage tomorrow. 3 days of hiding my pregnancy. I hope I don't puke in front of them. 
  • kmallskmalls member
    Does anyone have a bright yellow front door? We're getting new siding on our house in August and I want to paint our door to contrast the siding. There are approximately a billion shades of yellow on Pinterest. Can anyone share what they have? 
  • @becausescience yessssss! 

Question of the day.... what pregnancy-safe sunscreen are you using? I normally use Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer (jeeze that's a mouthful) and it has 30 SPF. I just realized I shouldn't assume anything is safe and looked up the ingredients and they're a no-go. AH!! Any recommendations? I have melasma on my face from my last pregnancy - BOO! - so sunscreen is a must!! 

Thanks!
  • @kitandcat I started using Jason mineral sunscreen awhile ago because apparently most sunscreens are bad for sperm. Probably the same ones that are sperm friendly are fine for pregnancy. Jason mineral doesn't have parabens, SLS, petroleum, artificial colors, or phylates. It doesn't go on quite as easy as the more average sunscreen, but it's not super thick and gross like the full on organic ones.
  • kitandcat said:
    @becausescience yessssss! 

Question of the day.... what pregnancy-safe sunscreen are you using? I normally use Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer (jeeze that's a mouthful) and it has 30 SPF. I just realized I shouldn't assume anything is safe and looked up the ingredients and they're a no-go. AH!! Any recommendations? I have melasma on my face from my last pregnancy - BOO! - so sunscreen is a must!! 

Thanks!

Crap. I haven't even thought about sunscreen possibly being unsafe. I live in the deep South and my skin is PASTY so I'm always using sunscreen.
    ***TW***

BabyFruit Ticker