Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTA/Benched Check-In Week of 7/24

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What do you usually do to kill time at an airport before a flight or while waiting for a transfer?
Me: 35 DH: 28
TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
Our journey has come to an end.
~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~

Re: TTA/Benched Check-In Week of 7/24

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Azoospermia. I have been posting on IF/Testing but I feel like this is a more appropriate place for a multitude of reasons: 1. I am benched lol 2. That other thread goes a mile a minute and I can't keep up 3. All my fellow azooers post in here so it feels more relevant for me

How long do you think you'll be here? At least until we get my husband's testing results to see what we are working with and if there is any way to treat the issue. Our follow up appointment is 8/14 since apparently genetic testing takes a few weeks to come back.

How have things been going? It's like a day by day thing, such a roller coaster of emotions. Some days I feel devastated and cry at the drop of a hat and some days I'm able to keep my mind off it and feel ok. I think the toughest part is knowing how hard this is on my H and so really trying to keep it together for his sake, I don't want to be upset in front of him because he already feels so guilty

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What do you usually do to kill time at an airport before a flight or while waiting for a transfer? Airport bars are the best, I always been the coolest people there for some reason
  • Options
    @LeilaK9288  I don't know how that diagnosis feels but I am sure it makes for a difficult time expressing emotions between the two of you, I'm sorry :( . I am on the same roller coaster of emotions still. Hugs to you and I hope you get some answers at your appt in August.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched

What brings you here? Partial Molar in June

How long do you think you'll be here? I am going to a new OB starting 8/14, so I guess that's up to him! My previous OB said 2 cycles and I'm still waiting for AF #1. I had some period like cramping today so maybe the day is soon. ;)

How have things been going? I suck at being patient but we are doing okay!

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What do you usually do to kill time at an airport before a flight or while waiting for a transfer? Have a beer, walk around, or read!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rachelg777. I have been thinking about you! How are you?  Are you looking forward to changing OBs.  Are you back to running at all!  FX that AF is on her way.
  • Options
    @dukestar5 thanks for popping in! Yess, I am very much looking forward to my new OB. He is the only one in the practice and has super great reviews. I'm really looking forward to working with one practitioner. Other than that, I'm doing pretty well. The waiting game is hard but besides that things are good. I am running about 5-6 days a week but only about 3-4 miles at a time. How are you? How's your running been? I've been lurking the dailies - sorry about AF this past weekend, I'll be rooting for you this cycle!
  • Options
    dukestar5dukestar5 member
    edited July 2017

@rachelg777
    I'm so glad you've find an OB you really like.  I love when I can bring all of my questions and have them thoroughly answered too.  
    I've been running about 3-4x a week, usually 5-6 miles.  Hoping to start incorporating more strength training too.  I'd like to run some longer races this year.
    Once AF arrives, will you be able to try this cycle? Or are you still advised to wait one more?  I imagine the wait is so tough.  DH has a business trip next month and it will definitely be over FW, so I'm already dreading being benched/missing that cycle.  Hope you can get off the bench soon!

ETA to tag Rachelg777 :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    <div><b>Are you benched or TTA? </b> Benched</div><div>
    </div><div><b>What brings you here? </b> Waiting for IVF...</div><div>
    </div><div><b>How long do you think you'll be here? </b> This is my last cycle - testing - before we start stimms with my next AF, around August 15th</div><div>
    </div><div><b>How have things been going? </b> So greatly relieved we found sperm!!!  But now comes a new set of anxieties about whether IVF is even going to work...</div><div>
    </div><div><b>Any R/R/CS/Q?  [ETA]  </b>I feel the same way about this thread... while yes, technically we are in a testing cycle, we have been testing and testing and testing this whole time, so even though we did get sperm, and we can finally move forward in terms of trying IVF, in some ways not much has changed at all.  It's weird. But I will be sad in a way to move on... I will miss this thread.  Being benched can feel so very isolating, and it's really such a good feeling knowing we can be there for each other. ❤</div>
    <b>GTKY: </b>It has been so long since I flew!  But I love to grab a decent bite to eat, browse the various gift shoppes a bit, and hit up the massage chairs, if I can find one. ;)

<div class="Quote">@LeilaK9288 said:
    I think the toughest part is knowing how hard this is on my H and so really trying to keep it together for his sake, I don't want to be upset in front of him because he already feels so guilty</div>So so sooo much this.  I get it.  Our men believe they are supposed to be our rocks.  It is such a profound blow to them, not to be able to do this thing.  It's devastating for them, but in a different way, because as men, as providers, they feel they have let us down.  Deeply.  I had to work constantly to encourage him, build up his ego... and not let him see me fall apart.  It's still IF, and it totally sucks.  but I wish sometimes I could relate more to the feelings of many of the other women IFers.  I think in some ways - as much as we all have in common dealing with infertility - it's very different being a woman living / struggling with MFI. (((Hugs))) you're not alone tho ❤
  • Options
    I need to beef up my strength training too. What length of races are you looking at? 
    My previous doc said wait 2 cycles. Since I am seeing my new one in 3 weeks I figure if by some chance he gives us the ok to try I would probably still be in the running for that cycle, considering AF hasn't come yet and I have long cycles anyway. So we will see!
    How long is his trip? I'm sorry that is looming out there, hopefully it won't matter though because fx for this cycle!
  • Options
    Got busy with stuff and forgot to check in here.. so I'll do it today :)
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Possible septate uterus

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully just through August. Starting in September I think we can try again.

How have things been going? I have my hysteroscopy tomorrow.  No guarantee there will be a septum but if there is,doc will remove it then. I'll have to have a balloon stent thing in my uterus for a few weeks after that. I'm kind of nervous, tbh. I've had lots of surgeries, but it's still a little nerve racking. And then if  no septum is found, that's also a little frustrating because that just puts us back at square one.

Any R/R/CS/Q? I guess just everything above :) Doc does these a lot apparently, and reassured me it's super routine (the hysteroscopy) so just trying to relax. 

GTKY: What do you usually do to kill time at an airport before a flight or while waiting for a transfer?
    Drink in the bar, read, do crossword puzzles, or watch a movie.
  • Options
    @hezzer78 GL tomorrow, I will be thinking about you!
  • Options
    @hezzer78. I have my saline sono tomorrow, too!  Will be thinking of you, Ute-buddy ❤❤❤
  • Options
    I hope things go well for you too, @BusinessWife !!