February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 7/23

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms 7/23

• Options
    Morning sickness was so bad this week (10 weeks) that I finally broke down and begged my obgyn for a prescription and then cried when she gave it to me. It has been life altering, I feel like a human being again. Then today the constipation from it kicked in, next obstacle to conquer. Also I drool all the time, like standing around and next thing I know spit is dripping from my mouth, so embarrassing when it happens at work, but much better than endless puking. 
  • Options
    sgio7485 said:
    hr1116 said:
    @sgio7485 Yes girl my nose is blocked all the time because of pregnancy! There's not really much you can do, pharmacist only recommended using a saline nose spray, did not help me at all it's just salt water -.- it does cleanse a tiny bit but doesn't open up your sinuses
    Though some women say it works, give it a go!
    Theres a brand called FESS

Does anyone feel like they get dry mouth? And it gives them bad breath haha or just me  :o
    I will try saline! It's one of the most annoying pregnancy symptoms right now. 

I feel like I have a mouth full of pennies at all time. My mouth always tastes so nasty!
    This.  Exactly.  I didn't have this with my previous babies.  Brushing my teeth doesn't even seem to help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    11 weeks 3 days and even my fatigue is letting up... and of course instead of enjoying it I'm freaking out that something is wrong.... :(
  • Options
    So is anyone else's morning breath enough to make you gag?
    Also cuddling with DS this morning and his breath was awful too! Sensitive nose I guess.
    Brushing my teeth and hopping in the shower to dry heave have become a morning ritual, so I don't pee all over the floor.  

• Options
    sgio7485 said:
    hr1116 said:
    @sgio7485 Yes girl my nose is blocked all the time because of pregnancy! There's not really much you can do, pharmacist only recommended using a saline nose spray, did not help me at all it's just salt water -.- it does cleanse a tiny bit but doesn't open up your sinuses
    Though some women say it works, give it a go!
    Theres a brand called FESS

Does anyone feel like they get dry mouth? And it gives them bad breath haha or just me  :o
    I will try saline! It's one of the most annoying pregnancy symptoms right now. 

I feel like I have a mouth full of pennies at all time. My mouth always tastes so nasty!
    This.  Exactly.  I didn't have this with my previous babies.  Brushing my teeth doesn't even seem to help.
    I didn't have it in my last pregnancy or the pregnancy I lost either. Although I didn't have any of these symptoms in either of those pregnancies! New territory!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    omenka_nneomaomenka_nneoma member
    edited July 2017
    hr1116 said:
    @omenka_nneoma Haha yes I figured out how to change it, hopefully I am easier to tag now  :# !
    Nah I stopped working when I got married in November, my husband told me not to work anymore, never thought I'd intentionally be a lazy bum at home haha but I was sick of how I was being treated at work so that pushed me to leave too! I feel very fortunate now that I can sleep when my body tells me to (all day long hahah) though I do need to start going for walks or something at least before I gain weight and become super inactive. I have to argue with myself just to get up and go grocery shopping lol
    Hope you start feeling better soon!

How blessed you are that your husband is so supportive! My husband has been and is still upset that I've had to stop working and it's caused a lot of tension. <deep sigh>.

But I'm feeling a little better thank you! I've decided to just do what my body is telling me to do because I want baby to be healthy. If that means lots of reat then that means lots of rest!
  • Options
    So is anyone else's morning breath enough to make you gag?
    Also cuddling with DS this morning and his breath was awful too! Sensitive nose I guess.
    Brushing my teeth and hopping in the shower to dry heave have become a morning ritual, so I don't pee all over the floor.  

OMG! My breath seriously makes me want to hurl in the morning. (Poor hubby)! Couple with nasty saliva pooling in my mouth it's almost unbearable loll 
  • Options
    Symptoms I'm feeling now as week 10 draws to a close are:

1. Mouth filling with saliva constantly (eww)
    2. Fatigue
    3. Dizziness/light headed when I stand up 
    4. Getting out of breath quickly 
    5. Slight cramps/twinges in my lower uterus area or lower back
    6. Fun fact: earlier this week I was vomiting pretty bad and all that came out was either a) mustard colored bile or b) clear mucus (wtheck??)
    7. Second fun fact: last week it felt like I was swallowing a ton of mucus every second in addition to my mouth filling with saliva 
    8. Thankfully I'm able to eat more and nausea is almost gone due to Diclegis (I take 2 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening if necessary).
  • Options
    11 weeks 3 days and even my fatigue is letting up... and of course instead of enjoying it I'm freaking out that something is wrong.... :(
    My fatigue/nausea let up significantly between 10-11 weeks also. The energy I have during the day is really great. Just wanted you to know you're not alone! :) Saw baby on an ultrasound and all is well. 
  • Options
    @sgio7485, I hear you on the nasty mouth.  I luckily do not have the stuffed up nose this time (at least not yet, knock on wood), but I do have the stink mouth.  The worst part is that I always want to brush my teeth and tongue, but that makes me nauseous and vomit, then my mouth is just as nasty and I need to do it all over again.  It is a vicious cycle.

Is anyone else loosing a lot of hair?  I do not remember this last time.  In fact, I lost a ton less hair last time until I was postpartum.  Then it all came out.  My iron levels are fine, they were just tested, and baby is fine so it is not hormonal in that way.  It is just strange.  My hair was so amazing last time and this time I will likely be bald by the time baby comes and the postpartum hair loss starts. 
  • Options
    KLHauck12 said:
    I have been in hell the last 4 days. I woke up with a sore throat and fullness in my ears, thought it was a sinus or ear infection. Went to the doctor and all was fine...turned out to be acid reflux backing into my throat. Called my OB and she switched me from Prevacid to Zantac. After 3 days of feeling like absolute crap (nauseous, vomiting, wiped out, and worse reflux), I called the on call doctor and she said that shouldn't be happening. Wants me to try Prilosec, as this was always what worked for me before I was pregnant. It's a category c But she thinks it's the best route since I am not even functioning at this point. Seriously, I had to have my mom come the past 4 days and take care of my daughter (and me!). I am praying the Prilosec works...I can't take any more of this!
    @KLHauck12 are you feeling better today?
    Yes, I am! But it took a other trip to the doctor and a bunch of different meds to do It! I got to the point of feeling like I was this close to needing to be hospitalized. So I went to the doctor and it turns out I have an infection (sinus I am guessing). That is what I originally though I had but the Minute Clinic doctor last week said I didnt and it was all due to my acid reflux. Now that I think of all my symptoms without that lense,  it all makes sense. I got an antibiotic and felt instantly better. Doctor also things that much of my nausea is pregnancy related and gave me Zofran and something else to coat my stomach before I eat. Also switched me back to Zantac from the Prilosec. I feel like an old lady with all my meds! But I feel a ton better and can actually eat. The indigestion still bothers me a little and I'm having trouble sleeping because I'm still coughing from the infection. But much improved,  thanks for asking!
    And the best part is DD is with grandparents foe the weekend so I am just resting and watching tv all weekend!
  • Options
    My fatigue/nausea let up significantly between 10-11 weeks also. The energy I have during the day is really great. Just wanted you to know you're not alone! :) Saw baby on an ultrasound and all is well. 
    Thank you! I appreciate it. Glad all is well with you! 
  • Options
    I keep reading that we're supposed to be exercising/getting our heart rate up for 20-30 min, 4 - 5 times/wk. Meanwhile, I'm so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open for 30 min in a row. Any suggestions??
  • Options
    I keep reading that we're supposed to be exercising/getting our heart rate up for 20-30 min, 4 - 5 times/wk. Meanwhile, I'm so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open for 30 min in a row. Any suggestions??
    Honestly for the first trimester, just do what you can. I found my last pregnancy the seocond trimester was so much better and I actually was able to work out until my due date. But the first trimester was a write off....
  • Options
    clc515clc515 member
    DH had to drag me out on walks lol but 1st tri I've been so tired. I am hoping to make up for it in the 2nd tri lol. That being said, I did some light stretching/yoga that wasnt exhausting. Also, maybe try 2 15-min sessions of walking or something if you're really determined.  
  • Options
    lainikins said:
    @sgio7485, I hear you on the nasty mouth.  I luckily do not have the stuffed up nose this time (at least not yet, knock on wood), but I do have the stink mouth.  The worst part is that I always want to brush my teeth and tongue, but that makes me nauseous and vomit, then my mouth is just as nasty and I need to do it all over again.  It is a vicious cycle.

Is anyone else loosing a lot of hair?  I do not remember this last time.  In fact, I lost a ton less hair last time until I was postpartum.  Then it all came out.  My iron levels are fine, they were just tested, and baby is fine so it is not hormonal in that way.  It is just strange.  My hair was so amazing last time and this time I will likely be bald by the time baby comes and the postpartum hair loss starts. 
    Not hair loss but a random patch of dry flaking skin on my scalp?! So strange. My hair did not fall out til I stopped nursing last time. But I am definitely not glowing haha. I feel like my hair looked shinier with my son last time and I just look like a sloth this time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Is anyone's nausea starting to get better?  Mine certainly isn't, but I'd love to hear that it's starting to get better for others so I have something to look forward to...

DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
    @awb1216 I'm at 11+3 and started feeling better late last week. I still get random bouts, but it's not all day erry day like it was. Unfortunately, all pregnancies are different so yours may last longer, but I hope not. Hang in there.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @awb1216 I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and mine is completely gone, though I'll be honest that it was pretty mild through my first trimester and involved no actual vomiting. Don't know if that helps, but I hope yours improves soon!
  • Options
    TW* posting incase some else experiences something similar and needs hope. Huge scare last night as I started gushing bright red blood. It filled a few pads then it slowed way down to spotting. I suspected the worst. I know bleeding is "normal" in pregnancy but I had never experienced it before (3rd time mom). I called my OB this morning and they got me in. THANK GOD baby was measuring perfect with a good strong heartbeat. My OB said it was likely a subchorionic hematoma, bleeding from the cervix. Likely caused by over activity. Rest up ladies and DONT over do it! 
    Right there with you, I had spotting and pain today and this was the outcome. No sign of bleeding at the eight week scan but it's there now. She said I can still work, but otherwise just need to be resting. Trying to focus on good thoughts and not over-Google, will send some happy your way too.
  • Options
    @atalante so baby and you are okay? Sending some good thoughts and prayers your way! I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. That was right up with the scariest days of my life. Listen to the dr and rest up! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, hr and growth we're both normal so now we're just waiting. Hope you guys are doing ok too, it is really scary.
  • Options
    @KLHauck12 awesome! I'm so glad you're feeling better  <3
  • Options
    @awb1216 I'm 11 weeks even and starting *knocks on wood and crosses fingers* to feel better. I took only one Diclegis today and usually I take 4! My energy is going up and I'm lightheaded and tired less. Feeling hopeful! Please don't worry - hang in there and I pray you start to feel better soon. Sending lots of hugs!!!  <3<3<3
  • Options
    Anyone else feel like some days you can't empty your bladder completely? Which for me seem to be the days I drink more water. Added with extra discharge. It's gross lol. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm seeing all these people having bowel issues. Mine have decided "if you don't go the second we tell you we're ready to go then we're not going to work again until we feel like it!"

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    keshupe29 said:
    Anyone else feel like some days you can't empty your bladder completely? Which for me seem to be the days I drink more water. Added with extra discharge. It's gross lol. 
    I'm peeing constantly, and it's definitely not a full bladder's worth. BUT, I'm thinking that I have to pee because my uterus is now the size of a softball so it squeezes my bladder and makes me go more. I also notice if I don't go right away then it becomes urgent very fast. Last Sunday night I held it from 8:30 to 9 because of Game of Thrones, and when I stood up I had to run to the bathroom.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    My nausea is slowly being replaced by what I think is a bunch of indigestion/heartburn at 12 weeks. I haven't ever really experienced it before but whatever it is, my chest feels really full and burpy and makes me want to gag. I'm going to take pains to eat very bland foods today to see if that helps. Otherwise, my vivid dreams have calmed down a bit so I've been sleeping a little better! Sensitive nips still but breasts feel better for the most part. And I'm pretty much exclusively in maternity clothes now. I've started making a weight chart so I can track how things are going like I did with my first.
    I burped from heartburn yesterday and the burp made me gag, then the audible gag made DH laugh so hard I think he almost wet his pants, then of course I'm pissed because he's "laughing at me" 

Hormones are real y'all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    keshupe29 said:
    I'm peeing constantly, and it's definitely not a full bladder's worth. BUT, I'm thinking that I have to pee because my uterus is now the size of a softball so it squeezes my bladder and makes me go more. I also notice if I don't go right away then it becomes urgent very fast. Last Sunday night I held it from 8:30 to 9 because of Game of Thrones, and when I stood up I had to run to the bathroom.
    This is how I feel too! I have always drank a ton of water. Combo with the bladder crowding or whatever. And going frequently = leakage! Ahhhh better work on those Kegals lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @eggplantface hahaha I'd have done the same thing! Can't interrupt Game of Thrones!!
  • Options
    @gingermama26 There's only seven episodes, we have to savor every moment!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface so true!! Though I think the finale of this season will be close to an hour and a half!  :):):)
  • Options
    hr1116hr1116 member
    edited August 2017
    Thought I'd add in my weekly symptoms again as I'm now 13 weeks, nausea going away slowly so hang in there ladies! But I've been constipated for a week, tmi sorry! Gas cramps are so painful atm. And I thought my burping was bad a few weeks ago, I actually can't go 10 minutes now without sounding like a train hahah 
    Acne galore (I did sook about that earlier haha) and I thought my fatigue was passing but any form of activity at all drains me and I'm on the hunt for the nearest bed loll
    Sending lots of love and support to everyone
  • Options
    Just realised there's another updated weekly symptoms, don't mind me ^ haha 
    Just sookin anyway  B)
  • Options
    atalante said:
    TW* posting incase some else experiences something similar and needs hope. Huge scare last night as I started gushing bright red blood. It filled a few pads then it slowed way down to spotting. I suspected the worst. I know bleeding is "normal" in pregnancy but I had never experienced it before (3rd time mom). I called my OB this morning and they got me in. THANK GOD baby was measuring perfect with a good strong heartbeat. My OB said it was likely a subchorionic hematoma, bleeding from the cervix. Likely caused by over activity. Rest up ladies and DONT over do it! 
    Right there with you, I had spotting and pain today and this was the outcome. No sign of bleeding at the eight week scan but it's there now. She said I can still work, but otherwise just need to be resting. Trying to focus on good thoughts and not over-Google, will send some happy your way too.
    I too have been diagnosed with a sub chorionic hemorrhage. As of now, no bleeding. Very nerve wracking. My midwife didn't say I was restricted from activities though. I'm hoping it goes away on its own.