February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 7/23

Re: Weekly Symptoms 7/23

• Options
    The past couple days I have had a lot of energy and motivation from when I wake up until about 3-4pm... then at 4pm I get nauseous/gassy/irritable... fun! At least my days can be productive. :P
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    I think I had some RLP this morning. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @starla I've had some of that as well. :) will be 11 wks Saturday. 
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    Oh good! I was a bit worried that it was something else because I read RLP usually starts in the second tri. It was a quick sharp pain near my right hip. It only lasted for a second and it happened a few times. Is that what yours was like?
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• Options
    Ugh, stupid hormones! My face is so oily, and I'm breaking out. Not fun.
  • Options
    starla said:bby
    Oh good! I was a bit worried that it was something else because I read RLP usually starts in the second tri. It was a quick sharp pain near my right hip. It only lasted for a second and it happened a few times. Is that what yours was like?
    At times I habe had a sharp pain like you described when standing really quickly etc. Mine feels like a pulling where my uterus is.  
  • Options
    So sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  Zofran helps SO much.  But I'm still nauseous.  And it seems I have good days and bad.  I cannot wait until the nausea eases up.  Fingers crossed that it does.  I could handle the fatigue if I didn't feel so yucky all the time.  All y'all struggling without diclegis or zofran have my upmost sympathy.
  • Options
    @neener*neener* how you describe your days is exactly how my MS is. I can really get things done...until 3-4 pm. Then I feel horrible, tired, and crabby.
  • Options
    clc515clc515 member
    Um, I have to do many many more kegals. Sometimes when I sneeze, a little comes out. Shame. *bell ring*  I'm told that gets much worse the farther along we get, so kegal time. I THINK my MS is slowing down, though my body still rejects it if I eat too much in one meal. 
  • Options
    Utter lack of motivation. . .I remember this with DD as well. I have such a hard time focusing or doing anything.
  • Options
    My eczema is flaring up, too! It usually just comes and goes, so I don't do much for it... but it is *not* going anywhere this time. Grrr. I think I need a trip to the dermatologist :expressionless:

I'm 11 weeks, and my nausea seems to have subsided a bit, thankfully. As has my ravenous hunger (seriously, nothing better than simultaneously feeling like you are going to vomit AND wanting to eat everything in sight. blergh.)

But woah, the fatigue is real. That, and the mood swings. I weaned my daughter about a month ago, and think I'm still feeling those hormonal fluctuations on top of the pregnancy hormones. I read that women who are more sensitive to the birth control pill (I had to stop taking it years ago because it made me so depressed) are also more likely to feel depressed in early pregnancy. I'm hoping getting back in to an exercise routine will help.

Also-- this is a weird one-- instead of hot flashes, I get chills. They strike in the middle of the night, wake me out of a sound sleep, and only last for about a minute, but are much, much stronger than flu chills. I had them during early pregnancy and again during labor with my first, too. Thanks again, hormones :tongue:
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @clc515 thank you!! I thought I was the only one- I wasn't expecting it to happen until after the baby was born!

I have also been puking so hard that it happens. I did it at work this morning and had a little breakdown in the bathroom  :(
  • Options
    clc515clc515 member
    @clc515 thank you!! I thought I was the only one- I wasn't expecting it to happen until after the baby was born!

I have also been puking so hard that it happens. I did it at work this morning and had a little breakdown in the bathroom  :(
    LOL yep, happened when I puked too hard, too. It's very disconcerting lol. Glad I'm not alone!
  • Options
    I can totally relate to the MS going away and coming back. Ugh. Also, I've gained 6 lbs already and am barely 11 weeks. I rarely ate before I found out about this pregnancy. I existed off of diet coke and cold brew but obviously a pregnant gal has gotta eat 3 times a day plus snacks soooo.. Anyone else gained weight? Just me? 
  • Options
    @manniebeth I'm right there with you. 2 weeks of prescribed pelvic rest + exhaustion + eating to try and keep from puking (wth?!?) = more weight gain than I'm happy with. My new game in the mirror is trying to figure out if belly is bump, bloat, or just fat.
  • Options
    @babybro218 I have already been in maternity pants for a good 2 weeks. Smooth out the belly and make it look more bump like until the bloating goes away. 
  • Options
    @manniebeth same, I never really ate breakfast and not many snacks, and now three meals and snacks and lethargic couch sitting have not been kind to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Almost 12 weeks and I've felt motivated to make some nice dinners this week but MAN I am wiped afterwards. Not even sleepy I need a nap tired, but like I just got a flu shot physically drained. And right now I've got some achy cramps. Nothing painful, just want to curl up in a ball and be miserable. 
  • Options
    KLHauck12 said:
    I have been in hell the last 4 days. I woke up with a sore throat and fullness in my ears, thought it was a sinus or ear infection. Went to the doctor and all was fine...turned out to be acid reflux backing into my throat. Called my OB and she switched me from Prevacid to Zantac. After 3 days of feeling like absolute crap (nauseous, vomiting, wiped out, and worse reflux), I called the on call doctor and she said that shouldn't be happening. Wants me to try Prilosec, as this was always what worked for me before I was pregnant. It's a category c But she thinks it's the best route since I am not even functioning at this point. Seriously, I had to have my mom come the past 4 days and take care of my daughter (and me!). I am praying the Prilosec works...I can't take any more of this!
    @KLHauck12 are you feeling better today?
  • Options
    Food aversions are killing me. I'm so hungry and can't eat anything most of the time. There's a small window of the day (right after my midday vomiting) that I can eat but the rest of the day I'm surviving on ginger ale, tea, or hot cocoa. Down two pounds since my last appointment. Really the nausea itself is manageable when I don't think about or look at food but man. I just want to eat!
    OMG @winnie1122 I know the feeling! Hang in there! Weeks 7 and 8 for me were exactly like that :( no fun - couldn't eat and was throwing up all the time :( *sends hug*
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    Duuuude I had DH check it out to make sure I'm not crazy but my linea negra is coming in! That and my belly is rounder than ever. It's all very exciting to me as a FTM. I'm 12 weeks Thursday. 

OMG how exciting! @mblomq2 so I started noticing a faint line around late Week 8 or Week 9 and I thought I was going crazy too. But I checked and it is definitely getting darker! (I'm Week 10 and 3 days). Can't believe mine is coming in so early  <3
  • Options
    omenka_nneomaomenka_nneoma member
    edited July 2017
    Hey ladies, I'm 12 weeks and nausea just seems to get worse and worse, no appetite at all and everything seems to smell gross haha!
    I think I live in my bed, I can literally sleep all day, fatigue is definitely a big one for me!
    Oh and don't get me started on the things that make me cry, I think my poor husband wants to giggle every time I get the water works going. 
    But super excited!! Nervous too, we are going to be first time parents :) 
    I think it's nice in a way feeling all the side effects, baby is growing and hormones are rising! It's a special feeling for me. 
    Good luck to you all and congratulations!!!
    Let me also just add in, no man could handle this ;)
    @knottie729af7cb43e145bb I totally agree with you - no man could handle any of this. And ditto on being in bed all day - I don't know if you're still working, but I have had to stop working because of my fatigue, dizziness, nausea, etc. Weeks 6-8 I was literally in bed all day. :( 

I'm excited and a first-time mom as well! Love what you said about the side effects - knowing that hormones are helping baby grow is what keeps me going.

also, you can change your username by going into The Bump app, click "More" and then change your profile username :)
  • Options
    @babybro218 lol...puking is puking...doesnt matter the amount!  Either way you still feel shitty!
  • Options
    This pregnancy has been so different from my last. I was so sick all the time before. This time I have been extremely exhausted, but not super sick. I have discovered that it wasn't my prenatal vitamins that were making me sick, so I switched to taking them just before bed. That was I can sleep off the nausea. It has helped me so much during the day. Now if only I could kick the exhaustion. I am falling asleep at night at 7 and just want to stay in bed all day. 
  • Options
    @lainikins I cannot keep my eyes open after 7 either. It's ridiculous! 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    11w today. I've had nausea on and off, but I threw up last night for the first time. 
    Me: I just puked.
    DH: it wasn't that much.
    Me: How much did you puke?
    DH:
    Me: Exactly.
    Love this.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    TW* posting incase some else experiences something similar and needs hope. Huge scare last night as I started gushing bright red blood. It filled a few pads then it slowed way down to spotting. I suspected the worst. I know bleeding is "normal" in pregnancy but I had never experienced it before (3rd time mom). I called my OB this morning and they got me in. THANK GOD baby was measuring perfect with a good strong heartbeat. My OB said it was likely a subchorionic hematoma, bleeding from the cervix. Likely caused by over activity. Rest up ladies and DONT over do it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 How scary! I'm so glad they got you in and it was nothing. I would have panicked for sure.

I have basically sat on my butt and done absolutely nothing these first 11 weeks of pregnancy and was feeling guilty about it. Your post makes me feel a little better! I could probably do more than I'm doing now, but hearing your reminder puts it into perspective!
  • Options
    Ugh I need to go in for my prenatal blood panel and the NIPT blood draw today (so lots of blood) but I can't get any food down! My OB specifically said to eat a lot before going because they'd be taking so much blood but I seriously can't look at food right now without puking. Grrrrrrrr. I opted not to take the Diclegis last night because it has been making me so incredibly sluggish the past few days, but maybe I should have one more night to make it through the blood draw today. Also DS just woke up from his nap so I have to make him food without puking somehow. Wish me luck, lol.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    TW* posting incase some else experiences something similar and needs hope. Huge scare last night as I started gushing bright red blood. It filled a few pads then it slowed way down to spotting. I suspected the worst. I know bleeding is "normal" in pregnancy but I had never experienced it before (3rd time mom). I called my OB this morning and they got me in. THANK GOD baby was measuring perfect with a good strong heartbeat. My OB said it was likely a subchorionic hematoma, bleeding from the cervix. Likely caused by over activity. Rest up ladies and DONT over do it! 
    Oh my goodness! So glad things are ok! 
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    @Starynightsky24 I'm glad everything is OK! That would be scary. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Options
    Anyone else struggling with pregnancy rhinitis? I'm soooo stuffy it wakes me up at night!!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! It is up there with the scariest moments of my life for sure. I was a total wreck. I've never been so happy to see a heartbeat! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hr1116hr1116 member
    @sgio7485 Yes girl my nose is blocked all the time because of pregnancy! There's not really much you can do, pharmacist only recommended using a saline nose spray, did not help me at all it's just salt water -.- it does cleanse a tiny bit but doesn't open up your sinuses
    Though some women say it works, give it a go!
    Theres a brand called FESS

Does anyone feel like they get dry mouth? And it gives them bad breath haha or just me  :o
  • Options
    sgio7485 said:
    Anyone else struggling with pregnancy rhinitis? I'm soooo stuffy it wakes me up at night!!  
    I am so stuffy!! It is ridiculous!! I can't seem to sleep a full night either! I can barely breathe!
  • Options
    hr1116hr1116 member
    @omenka_nneoma Haha yes I figured out how to change it, hopefully I am easier to tag now  :# !
    Nah I stopped working when I got married in November, my husband told me not to work anymore, never thought I'd intentionally be a lazy bum at home haha but I was sick of how I was being treated at work so that pushed me to leave too! I feel very fortunate now that I can sleep when my body tells me to (all day long hahah) though I do need to start going for walks or something at least before I gain weight and become super inactive. I have to argue with myself just to get up and go grocery shopping lol
    Hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    hr1116 said:
    @sgio7485 Yes girl my nose is blocked all the time because of pregnancy! There's not really much you can do, pharmacist only recommended using a saline nose spray, did not help me at all it's just salt water -.- it does cleanse a tiny bit but doesn't open up your sinuses
    Though some women say it works, give it a go!
    Theres a brand called FESS

Does anyone feel like they get dry mouth? And it gives them bad breath haha or just me  :o
    I will try saline! It's one of the most annoying pregnancy symptoms right now. 

I feel like I have a mouth full of pennies at all time. My mouth always tastes so nasty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers