Baby Names
Options

June's Baby Sister

Baby #2 will be little sister to June Marie (goes by June or Junie for the most part).  Last name is 3 syllables, starts with W and ends with burg. Last name also has an L in for syllable so names like Lily, Ella, Lillian do not work for us unfortunately. Looking for thoughts on our list, as well as possible middle names that would go.

Camille (love this but would die inside if kid's nn was Cami -- would be ok with nn Cam, Mil, Millie)
Grace 
Josie

Mn's:
Louise
(that's it so far)

Thanks ladies! : )

Re: June's Baby Sister

• Options
    While I love Camille if you strongly dislike a popular nickname I wouldn't use it. You wouldn't be able to stop it if it's the nn she preferred and Cami is a pretty go to. 

I like Josephine nn Josie but personally wouldn't do another J name

Grace I like and Gracie is cute when little

suggesting:

Rosalie
    Theresa
    Hannah
    Celeste
    Corrine
    Penelope
    Miriam
    Audra

• Options
    Grace is nice with June. 

Florence
    Claire
    Laurel
    Vera
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Grace goes nicely with June. 

Josie seems too matchy especially if June goes by Junie.

Camille is nice too and I don't think she'd need a nickname, it's a short enough name. If she wants to go by Cami she will but my mind didn't jump to Cami as a nn.  But you said names like Lily don't go well with your last name and if you like the nn Millie that might not go well either. 

Overall I like Grace best.  Grace Louise is nice but I think I like it better with these middles

Grace Camille
    Grace Josephine
    Grace Noelle
    Grace Elizabeth
    Grace Olivia
    Grace Catherine
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    While I love Camille if you strongly dislike a popular nickname I wouldn't use it. You wouldn't be able to stop it if it's the nn she preferred and Cami is a pretty go to. 

I like Josephine nn Josie but personally wouldn't do another J name.

Grace I like and Gracie is cute when little.
    All this.

Seconding all suggestions by bringmemylongswordho.

Suggesting:
    Clara
    Flora
    Suzette
    Vivian
    Cecelia
    Tallulah
    Mabel
    Pearl
    Daphne
    Esme

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Grace Louise is lovely with June Marie 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    My dd is Camille and I hated the idea of Cami. She goes by Millie or Camille...I only had one person ever try Cami and I shut that DOWN :)
  • Options
    Camille is my favorite. It's such a beautiful name, underused, and has the same feel as June to me (old, simple, unexpected). I love Millie. I don't think Cami would be automatic at all. Grace is nice too. Not really a fan of Josie, especially with June. Camille Louise is L heavy to me. Camille Joy or Camille Faith?
  • Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    Camille is lovely!  I also like Meredith, Frances, Claire, and Anna.
  • Options
    Camille "Millie" is a great choice.

Other ideas:
    Colette
    Rose
    Georgia
    Mary
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Marigold
    Maribel
    Ruth
    Faye
    Sophie
    Sarah
    Tabitha
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks to each of you for your thoughts and ideas. So many of the suggestions are names I love but we have already used for pets over the years (Tabitha, Mabel, Pearl...). 

I also love Sarah (nn Sally), Flora and Frances, and the idea of Joy for a middle name -- thank you for throwing those into the mix!

This has been great for DH to read through too.  While nothing is final yet, we were actually able to have a conversation about baby's name that didn't end 2 mins later! I'd call that progress! :)

Thank you again! 
  • Options
    Don't be afraid to name your child Camille and not ever use Cami as a nn.

My name is Melissa, and I have NEVER gone by Missy.  Generally, people only take the liberty of using a nn if you use it first.  On the rare times when someone would refer to me as Missy, I would just say, "Oh, I don't go by Missy, you can just call me Melissa."  People mostly just apologized and we moved on.  In my entire life only one person couldn't get it through his head that I wasn't Missy, and that was a part time line cook at a restaurant where I had a summer job.

If you love Camille, I say go for it!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade