January 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 7/19

Changing up the questions a bit this week (stolen from a few other BMBs)!

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you? Team?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: STM+ Check-in 7/19

• Options

How many other children do you have? 1, DS is 20 months... I think. I've mostly given up on counting months but his birthday is in November so I think we're 20 months. haha

How far along are you? Team? 12+2 / Team Pink with lil' Lorelai

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? My face is breaking out all the time and the blows. That did not happen last time. But I'm feeling good right now, which is not a fun time when you'r not feeling anything movement but I had an elective US yesterday and she's moving and grooving.

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? I like pedicures, I did them all the time last pregnancy. Not so much this time. The places by my new house are like $30 more, which I usually pay because I get some booze with it but now I can't have it so I'm looking for a new place. I have been buying pushups. They're the best. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave: I don't remember who it was on here but they mentioned putting money on a gift card for diapers instead of stocking up and I liked that idea so I picked up a Target GC yesterday and will put money on it every check. 

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? I have too many and this one is dumb but it bugs me. When men say the word delicious. I don't know why but it gives me the willies. And I watch a lot of the Food Network so I hear it a lot.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy Is it worse when they combine it with "moist"? As in, "Mmmmmm, this cake is moist and delicious!" Ugh. I hate moist.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @missblaze moist doesn't bother me. It only bothers me when someone thinks it's going to bother me and says it intentionally. It just pisses me off then. I clearly have had immature guy friends in my lifetime. haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missblaze my DH hates obnoxious eaters or maybe just hearing people chew in general? He has to have the TV or music on when he eats because he can't even stand the sound of himself chew even. Honestly, he is one of the most obnoxious eaters I know which cracks me up because its a pet peeve of his.
  • Options

How many other children do you have?  One DD who is 1.

How far along are you? Team? 14+5, team finding out! A/s scheduled for 9/1.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? With DD, I was nauseous from 8 weeks to about 15 or 16. I could only eat honey nut cheerios. Then the BP issues started along with horrible heartburn. 

This time, I was able to eat through the nausea and it's over already which is awesome. No sign of heartburn yet, and BP has been normal! I had a lot of Braxton Hicks also last time, so we'll see if I get them again.

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? Satisfying cravings. I guess that's really it. I need to do better!

Rant/Rave/Questions? question for those with toddlers: when did you start to transition to a toddler bed? Space is a big problem for us and we won't be able to fit both kids in one room if we have 2 cribs. I'm thinking of starting to transition this fall so that we can move this LO into the 2nd room with DD next summer or early fall.

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? when people talk on the phone while checking out. It's incredibly rude to the cashier and can take more time, meaning people behind you have to wait longer. I get a quick or important phone call, but the long meaningless ones not so much. 

• Options
    @jakobaby Oh man, I'm a very quiet eater. NEVER with my mouth open. I can't deal. It makes me ragey.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @missblaze OMG. The way my husband eats soup. I can't even with him. I'm like, "why the constant need to slurp? You don't have to slurp, just put the spoon in your mouth. No slurping required." 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @schaze We moved DD out of the crib right before she turned 2. I really wanted to wait longer but she started climbing over the rail and despite different attempts to prevent this, she ended up falling out of the crib. We thought it would be safer to transition. I would have kept her in closer to age 3 if I could have. The transition was rough and she has not STTN (without me in the room) ever since. Now that she's almost 3 we're working on her sleep issues, since she's much, MUCH more verbal and can understand more.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @supercoolstephy Ugh I would die.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @schaze we just transitioned to a mesh rail on the toddler bed about 2 weeks ago, DS is 20 months. He wasn't trying to get out or anything but I'm 5'1 so it was already hard to get him in and out but add in the belly I'll have more of soon, I knew we needed to transition. He did really well. He doesn't even get out of his bed, so I find that odd. He wakes up around 5:30 and just sits in his bed, not crying, just hanging out. But his room is toddler proofed so he could go play if he wanted to.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Bad grammar and misusing words. I know it's considered elitist or something in some circles, but dang. If you are an adult who went to school in the US, you should know the basics like to/too, there/their/they're, your/you're, stuff like that. And if you're not sure about something - you are on the internet, you can find out.

@bainidhedub YESSSSS. This is another one of mine too.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

1, DS is almost 14 months

15 weeks today! We will be finding out around 20 weeks. 

This is my 2nd HG pregnancy. Currently I'm doing pretty well. I've been keeping food and drink down for almost 2 weeks. I've also been able to cut back on some meds so that makes me feel better. I still get the random waves of nausea but I can definitely live with this.

My pregnancy with DS was sooooo much worse.

I haven't really had much of a chance to treat myself, but DH has agreed that there will be some prenatal massages in my future, something we normally wouldn't splurge for.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DS has recently started nodding and shaking his head no. He has no clue what it means yet and is doing it at the most hilarious times. I love it.

I 100% agree with the grammar. Also text speech. It does not take much longer to type a full word! 

But right now I think my biggest pet peeve is people being so loud at night just because it's summer. I hear children yelling and adults still shooting off fireworks well past 11 pm. I personally don't have to get up to work in the morning, but I have to wake up to mom and definitely don't want you waking up my baby! Ugh.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @GraceUponGrace09 that is so my husband too! He used to leave a trail of clothes starting at the front door leading down the hall. Ridiculous!  

I was also just thinking about how fast this pregnancy is going! And it's just going to fly once we hit the holidays!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just thinking too how fast this is going. Like @maueraa07 said, with the holidays it's just going to fly! Also @maueraa07, every time I see your username I think of Joe Mauer  :D
  • Options
    @maueraa07 @schaze YES! I think Jan is one of the best months to have a baby! The last couple miserable months with the holidays, a few last weeks to get things ready and then...BABY! 
  • Options

1, DD is 13 months

14+2, at the NT scan they said 70% girl but I'll wait to confirm until my AS

right now I feel pretty great, minus the occasional headache. With DD I didn't throw up at all but had really bad food aversion and could barely eat. This time around i threw up so much. It was awful but I'm happy to report it's been weeks.

on my days off (Wednesdays) I take DD to day care of a few hours. I'll run errands, go to lunch or take a nap. Plus I'm pretty good about telling DH when I really just need to lay down for a little bit and he's been great picking up the slack.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Current rant is my old insurance is holding over $400 hostage from me and I called them yesterday and they said they won't refund it because I have "things pending"

Question: when is a good time to wean from the bottle. I'm concerned when new baby gets here DD is gonna have a hard time learning it's not her bottle. She currently gets 3 bottles a day. Before naps and at bed

along the same lines, when DH drinks he makes this terrible gulping noise. It drives me insane.

Also Grammer is a HUGE one for me. My dad has the worst spelling and he's married to an English teacher, wth 

• Options
    @burnsmommy27 we weaned DS off the bottle at 12 months. He is 13 mos now and drinks cow's milk in a sippy cup with no problems. His pediatrician recommended making the switch early to avoid him becoming too attached later on and having trouble parting with it.
  • Options
    @burnsmommy27 I'm pretty sure we transitioned to sippy cups at 12 months like @sbishop426.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sbishop426 I talked with DH about that and he was super against it. So during the day she has only water out of one of those miracle lid cups and cows milk in a bottle for sleep time. 

Maybe I need to revisit this convo with DH
  • Options
    @burnsmommy27 we also transitioned around 11/12 months. His daycare required him to be off the bottle in order for him to transition into the toddler room so we started around 11 months so he'd be ready right at a year, and went to cows milk at about 11 1/2 months. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How many other children do you have? 1, DS will be 3 next month (!!)

How far along are you? Team? 14w4d, Team Green!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I feel like my symptoms are much worse this time around. I had hardly any nausea last time, and this time it's been around since week 6, but becoming less frequent. I also have headaches again, and the food aversion is still hanging around. 

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? I do indulge my cravings and try not to be too hard on myself with chores around the house when i am too tired. I bought a snoogle this time (so excited to try it out!), and I am looking forward to some pregnancy massages later on. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have a few questions about preparing my son for a new baby. He is so excited, which is awesome! I am nervous about our current sleep situation... he sleeps in our bed and has no interest in his toddler bed. We even had it at the foot of our bed for a while to see if that worked, but it didn't. I am getting nervous for how this will work with the baby in our room in the bassinet and waking at all hours of the night. I think we are going to get him a full size bed for his room and try that out (maybe even having to fall asleep with him in there for a bit....) and seeing how that works. 

I do have one more question - is anyone reusing bottles from their last child? I exclusively pumped, so we used them a good amount. Should i get new ones for this baby, or just sanitize again and use them?

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? people who have no concept of personal space

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @karacc18 we're reusing bottles. We didn't use a them too much since I only work 2 nights a week and occasional Saturday mornings so she didn't have them often.

@burnsmommy27 We stopped using bottles around 10 months when she dropped her afternoon nursing session and she's been doing cows milk out of straw cups since her birthday last month.
  • Options

How many other children do you have? 2: DS1 is 3.5 yo and DS2 is 18 months

How far along are you? Team? 15w 2d, Team Blue!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? In terms of true pregnancy symptoms I’m right on track (for me) with that brutal second trimester heartburn lol. Otherwise, just trying to keep an eye on my spotting (which is definitely unusual for me, didn’t have this in either of my previous pregnancies!).

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? Chiropractic care and regular massages (once a month in second tri, every 1-2 weeks in third tri) and lots of pedicures!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope!

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Lateness!

@missblaze happy early bday to DD, are y’all doing a big party?

@schaze we waited until DS1 was three because I was dreading it, but it ended up being totally fine. FX it’s a smooth transition for you too!

DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @KatieEl YES! We're having (per her request) a Halloween party. COSTUMES REQUIRED. My inner goth is screaming with joy (LOL). DD will be dressing as a witch (a PINK witch), my fangs for my vampire costume are arriving in the mail today, and we'll just have to see what everyone else comes up with.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How many other children do you have? 1 DD will be 3 in November 

How far along are you? Team? 15+2 Team Pink!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Lately I've been getting headaches and the occasional dizzy spell. I've also got pregnancy insomnia already. The first trimester was awful with feeling nauseated all the time. This pregnancy has been totally different than my first which was super easy. 

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? I agree with the others that pedicures are the way to go! I'm also planning o  splurging to get an elective 3D ultrasound at the beginning of the third trimester so we can really see this sweet little girl!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant: we found out yesterday that daycare is raising their rates by $80 a week which basically means one entire paycheck of mine will go to daycare when this LO is enrolled. Then today we found out that DH gets zero paternity leave at his new job. These two pieces of information coupled with my hormonal state have made for an emotional 24 hours. 

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? I'm a grammar nerd. I also hate when DH takes a million years to make a decision. We moved in to our house a year ago and we still don't have a dining room table because he doesn't feel like we've exhausted every option. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missblaze omg that is the best thing I've ever heard! so fun!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @karacc18 I am planning on using the same bottles as last time but was told to get new nipples since the plastic can break down.

@burnsmommy27 we also had DD transition to sippy cups from bottles at daycare around a year (it wasn't tough though since I EBF at home) hopefully it's a smooth transition for you!

@schaze no advice - DD is almost 3 and in her crib. Our current plan is to give her a big girl bedroom set for her birthday in November. Hopefully that will give us enough time before this one comes along!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missblaze That sounds like so much fun!!

@crizz13 Hugs, girl. Your whole rant section just sucks. Can YH take vacation time or anything after the new baby?
  • Options

How many other children do you have? 1 DS will be 3 in October

How far along are you? Team? 12w3d - Green!!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I have been nauseous in the am/pm & reallllly tired. Completely opposite from my first pregnancy where I had virtually no symptoms.

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? I'll prob get a prenatal massage or 2 but I kind of like to wait until post partum since prenatals can't be deep tissue. I'll prob get a few mani/pedis & a facial (I have a gift card so I haaaave to)

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm 12 weeks now so I'm going to start feeling amazing...right...no, maybe not?!

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? When people call me Kathy at work...my name is Katherine at work but I go by Katie, so either Katie or Katherine is acceptable but NOT Kathy.

<3
    EDD: 1/28/2018
    Eli: 10/14/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Happy Wednesday everyone. I'm too stressed out to do a HDBD pic yet so I'll just check in here for this week. 

How many other children do you have? My daughter turns 18 months this weekend.

How far along are you? Team? 14 weeks exactly. We found out we're having a boy, but we haven't been able to celebrate that fact yet since we're still processing all the other scary info we've been given this past week. Hopefully we can celebrate this weekend and start telling our family.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Super similar to my last pregnancy, just different food aversions and cravings. I'm way more into salty things, and with DD I was into sugary/sweet things. Nausea is calming down but my food aversions are still pretty intense.

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? I like to get at least a couple massages and pedicures, but I don't seem to have the time this pregnancy since I have a toddler now :neutral:

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant: *TW* So I have a 35%-50% chance of miscarriage now (found out yesterday the exact percentages at my genetic counselor appointment), but I have to wait THREE weeks between ultrasounds/appointments. I'm so tempted to get a doppler but I think that will make me stress out more. 

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? I also hate when DH shaves and leaves bits of hair all over the sink/counter. Last year we redid our bathroom and got 2 sinks, so we each have our own, and it's working out a lot better for us. 

• Options

How many other children do you have? 2! My son is almost 4 and my girl is almost 2. 

How far along are you? 14 weeks Team?  Going to find out  

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  I have been improving but food aversions, so tired, nausea especially in the evenings.  Hunger and a pretty large stomach already.  I felt pretty crappy with my first two as well.  Maybe a bit worse with my second overall.  

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? We don't usually go out to eat but with food aversions and nausea I have spared no expense this time.  If I need some fast food, then darn it, I will have it!  

Rant/Rave/Questions? My rant is about laundry! Why is there so much of it, and I'm the only one who folds and puts it away.  Otherwise no complaints  

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves?  Boo for bad grammar, and dirty dishes in the sink! 

• Options
    Hugs to you @fishee333

@schaze they told him he is entitled to FMLA, but that's unpaid...so he's going to try to bank up some vacation time. It's pretty unheard of around here to get NO paternity leave (with DD he got 3 weeks paid) so we weren't planning him having to use vacation days. I guess at least we know with some advance notice and can try to figure it out...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @burnsmommy27 DD did a combination of bottles and sippy cups until 16 months and then we went cold turkey and now it's just 2 servings of milk in a cup with a straw and 1 servings of yogurt a day.
  • Options

How many other children do you have? 1

How far along are you? Team? 12 wks, finding out at my elective u/s next week hopefully!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? my last pregnancy was so easy, no symptoms, glowy skin... this time I had a ton of morning sickness and I've been getting headaches. I started to feel moody recently as well. 

How do you like to treat yo' self during pregnancy? Pedicures for sure! And naps. If you need me to function past 7 pm, I NEED to nap while my DD naps lol

Rant/Rave/Questions?  RANT: I look like a sausage. Hopefully I'll have a cute bump soon  ;)

GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? People popping their knuckles. People wearing headphones when you're trying to talk to them. People on their phone while driving. People not using their blinkers too!

• Options
    @fishee333 hugs, momma. We're all here for you!