January 2018 Moms

GTKY: Am I Normal? 6/18

I've seen this on other boards but don't think we've done it here before. 

Tell us something you do that you think is weird. Love tit a comment only if you do that "weird" thing also. 

Re: GTKY: Am I Normal? 6/18

• Loading the player...
  • @supercoolstephy I LOVE mixing food and flavors

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Wait wait wait @supercoolstephy Just seeing the new profile picture... did you totally change your hair?!?!?!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @missblaze you're giving me the heebie jeebies. bahaha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy So wait...do you not like eating things like tacos, with multiple ingredients all bunched together????

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh man I feel like there are so many weird things about me. Hmmmm. I guess one of them that I haven't heard much from others is that I count my steps. I don't mean I track them with a fitbit (although I do that, too) but every time I get up and walk a short distance (so not shopping or long walks/hikes just like point to point) I count my steps from 1 and I have to step with my left foot on odd and right foot on even. 
  • @supercoolstephy DH is like that too and I totally think he is wierd. And he eats all his food in order. Only chicken at once, then he will move on to a veggie, ect.
  • @EmilyLove25 yes, I decided it was time to go dark. I was either going to go super bright blonde or dark red/brown. And with the upcoming babe, I'd rather take the extra money I'd spend on my hair on her to stock up on stuff because I'm not sure if I'm returning back to work after. Still TBD.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @missblaze I can eat tacos, and things that are buildable, but I cannot have potato salad and baked beans touch.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @burnsmommy27 I do that too. And I eat worst to best, I also rarely drink while I eat too. My dad was like this and I think I picked it up from him.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @missblaze I can eat tacos, and things that are buildable, but I cannot have potato salad and baked beans touch.
    Yum! Lol

Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't know if this counts but my BFF tells me it's weird all the time...

I sort things from right to left instead of left to right. I blame it on being left handed. Who knows, it makes perfect sense to me 
  • I have a weird thing about certain unfinished wood. Like wooden spoons and popsicle sticks. The latter actually makes me sick thinking about it. I love popsicles but have to keep the wrapper on and eat around the stick or put it on a plate and cut the popsicle off the stick. Same with kabobs. Either DH takes everything off for me or i hold a pot holder on the stick and take a fork to pull everything off. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Supercoolstephy I love EVERYTHING true crime... especially podcasts... :) MFM, Truth and Justice... I did listen to sword and scale for a while but I can't stomach it so I stopped about 10 months ago.
  • @jakobaby sames! I love having a blanket on me at all times. DH bought me a mermaid tail blanket for the couch. It's ugly and doesn't keep me warm but it's the thought. haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I inspect my food before I eat--sniff, observe, whatever.  I've always been a pretty picky eater.  I hate anything burnt.  I'll pick burnt pieces or edges off.  I don't like "spots" on my fries and typically eat just the middle of a fry and pick the ends off. DH thinks its so weird but he's used to it by now! Friends also point it out sometimes saying "you have to inspect everything before you eat it, don't you?!" And I'm like....I don't know what you're talking about haha.  I really don't notice I'm even doing it!! 
  • On the stuffed animal train, when I move or box up stuffed animals, I put the lid on only at the last second so they can still breathe. I also believe that if you smile or frown at a stuffed animal, their face becomes slightly more smiley or frown-y (<---- totally a word). I used to work at Barnes and Noble, and when animals went down to $1-2 on clearance, I would buy them all up because I didn't want them to get thrown away or be the last one of their type.

(PS I don't think I realized how weird this was until I actually see it written down!)

@EmilyLove25 yours made me laugh out loud at the coffeeshop. I used to have a serious thing for George Stephanopolous...it reminds me of my obsession. haha 
  • I jabe a frw weird traits lime i have to sit in the same spot on my couch at all times amd my feet rarely touch the ground. My DH refers to it as perching lol. Mu seco d one is the fact that i am the shortest in my family so toilets were always high that now i find myself even on smaller ones that its much more comforting to have my feet tiptoed. My other one is i am obessed with food network, hgtv 
  • I still love Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I've seen the entire series, multiple times.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @aimsforyou2014 I make up songs for stuff too. Mostly I'll take DD away from a No No and start "hup 2, 3, 4 get your little booty out the bedroom door"... ect.
    At this point DH just ignores my random songs
  • I eat the crust first on my pizza, DH always makes fun of me for it. This is definitely not the weirdest thing I do but it's the first that came to mind.
  • I don't know if it's weird, but I've always been told it's backwards which makes no sense to me. I wash my body first in the shower and then I wash my hair. Is it really that backwards?! Lol. 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @aimsforyou2014 I make up songs and get songs in my head when someone says a certain word. I usually only sing out loud when I'm alone or with really close friends who are likely to join in.
  • I only read magazines back to front.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I also eat one food at a time and do not allow my foods to touch.

Songs for EVERYTHING, "We are the dinosaurs, marching, marching."

One of my very weird things that I am trying to break: I cannot clean 1 room at a time. I don't typically work on Friday and have to clean the entire house. My energy level has been so low, that I am trying 1-2 rooms a night. It gives me anxiety though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I salt my fruit (mostly apples and cantaloupe)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I spontaneously meow, i meow to different tunes, and I insert "kitties" and words about kitties like "treats" "toys" "meow" into songs. DH's favorite is "C'mon feel the noise, kitties rock your toys..." Crazy cat lady here i guess :)
  • @gilsam1 Me too!! DH calls me kitten all the time, and now that I'm pregnant he asks me how the "kittens" are doing (baby and I)

AFM (besides the meowing)
    I have to have pen caps off the head. I hate them on, not sure why. I never noticed until a coworker pointed it out to me this year. BUT, the caps have to be on the butt end, it can't be completely off. 

• @gilsam1 Im a meower too! I am also one of the greatest meow singers of all time. DH hates when I do the spontaneous obnoxious loud MEOW! Also, love replacing now with meow :D 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If my towel touches the shower wall or bathroom wall or floor while I'm drying off, I gag.