Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In Week of 7/17

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick?

Me: 28 | H: 29
Married: October 2014
TTC #1 March 2017
Dx: PCOS - March 2018
IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
IUI #2: May 2018

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In Week of 7/17

• elisekelisek member
    Drinking more water, counting calories, walking more, no caffeine

2. How is it going?
    All bets were off during vacation 2 weeks ago, but I actually didn't do too bad and we walked/biked a ton. Last week was good with no caffeine, water, and walking, but I haven't jumped back on the calorie counting. Unfortunately I'm all up in my head about hormone levels and I'm now worried that I should be drinking caffeine!

Went back to the gym for the first time in a couple weeks and really pushed myself.

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick?
    Sand volleyball. I played volleyball, coached it for a little while, and even referee'd at a sand volleyball court for a couple years. Those women can get it! The only thing is I would never ever wear a bikini playing!

TTC #1 March 2017
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    Portion sizing, drinking more water, and flat out moving more

2. How is it going?
    Getting better with the portion sizing. I drink a good amount of water during the week, but weekends that drops off.

I said no to having ice cream, usually I am all about that life!

Swimming!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Eating more whole foods and less processed stuff. 

2. How is it going? Pretty well. I ate my healthy stuff I packed at work yesterday, but also caved to the chips in our staff lounge. 

3. What is a small win from last week? We went to eat Mexican food with my MIL and I got the tortilla soup instead of the horribly unhealthy enchiladas I was craving.

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick? Archery!

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @Avrilmai I am not the only one! This makes me happy! lol. Maybe it's because when I am at work I always have water next to me and drink it all the time, but weekends we are always out and about and I don't bring a water bottle with me.
  • elisekelisek member
    @avrilmai - I wasn't actually drinking all that much, a can of coca cola each day with 32mg. I don't drink coffee, so that was it for me. So I guess I went cold turkey, but I've been almost completely caffeine free (one drink on airplane I think?) for almost 3 months now. And I'm probably just in a hole of hypochondria right now, but my periods have been ridiculously light and short and I've read way too much about estrogen in the last 48 hours. One of those facts being that if you have low estrogen, caffeine is helpful. But of course who knows what's really going on!

TTC #1 March 2017
  • @elisek Ha, I will now use that information to continue my caffeine addiction. I'm not too bad. We have an espresso maker and so I usually just have 2 shots of espresso in a latte each morning and occasionally another machine made small latte at work. So probably less than 150 mg a day most days. 

• @elisek I hated when we had to play volleyball in P.E.  I always ended up with bruises all over my arms!

@ajsanders-2 I'm impressed you could say no to ice cream!!

@fishsticks-n-custard we did archery briefly in P.E. And I loved it!

@Avrilmai water is so hard!!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Losing weight

2. How is it going? I went back on 21 day fix and lost 3 pounds from Mondsy to Thursday. Then it was H's birthday so we had friends in town. I paused on 21 day fix since I know it annoys H and it was his bday. I gained those 3 pounds back us 2 more!

3. What is a small win from last week? I ran 4 times including a 7 miler on a hilly clay road. 

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick? Gymnastics.  I s admire them!!
  • @purplg8r IKR! I could eat ice cream everyday! I need to try that Halo Top ice cream, I hear it is amazing! Also great work on running! I am a runner too, but haven't ran in awhile!

@fishsticks-n-custard Archery, that would be fun!

@elisek volleyball is pretty awesome!
  • @ajsanders-2 @purplg8r

I loved archery in college! I thought about picking it up again, but it's kind of an expensive hobby and student loans own my life right now. 

• @ajsanders-2 I'm impressed with your ability to say no to ice cream! 

@fishsticks-n-custard I love Mexican food! 

@purplg8r Wow, way to go on your 7 mile run!

Less alcohol, more water, and regular exercise. 

2. How is it going? Alright. H is trying to lose a few pounds, so he's been really motivated to get out and run, which helps me to stay motivated. I went over my alcohol limit last week while I was still on the bench, but I don't see any reason it should be difficult to get back on track this week. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I've was pretty consistently running a little bit farther/longer each time last week.

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick? Gymnastics, like @purplg8r! When I was a kid, I always wanted to take lessons, but never got a chance. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @fishsticks-n-custard That's some good willpower. 
    @Avrilmai I believe in you! You will make it to the gym!
    @purplg8r That is an awesome amount of running!
    @Cricket648 I think it helps to have a motivated partner, gl!
    Getting back to reliable workout routine, eating healthier, reducing sugar.

2. How is it going? The last few weeks I've only managed to do a couple workouts each week, and usually not first thing in the morning, but this morning I got right out of bed and did a 20 minute HIIT workout on my spin bike. Feel really good about that and hoping to get 2-3 more workouts in this week. 

3. What is a small win from last week? Err... Idk I was kind of bad about eating, especially this weekend. 

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick? I think I'd pick sprinting - so not something I am good at but I think it would be cool to be fast. 
  •  1.What healthy habit are you working on?
    5k training, healthier eating, and weight loss
    2. How is it going?
    Ok.  I am trying not to be discouraged by the lack of weight loss, since I am gaining muscle mass from running.  I am losing inches around my hips and waist.... But still, it is discouraging to see added pounds 
    I didn't buy coffee out at all.  I even went to Dunkin donuts and got myself nothing.
    Hurdles,I love doing them.
    @elisek, good job going back to the gym, it is hard to restart
    @fishsticks-n-custard
    that is impressive self control.  I haven't mastered the ability to make better decisions at restaurants.
    @purplg8r, good job with all the running!  
  • @Cricket648 nice work on lengthening the runs!

@zamora_spin I'd love to be able to sprint too!

@holly321 I'm impressed you went to Funkin and didn't get yourself anything!!
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    Working out every day and staying within my caloric limit for my workout challenge
    2. How is it going?
    It is going alright. my anxiety go the best of me last week and I ended up binging quite a bit :/ but I am back on track this week
    I think I fully finally had it hit me that binging may feel good in the moment but it hurts so much more after 
    I always wanted to be an olympic figure skater but I was never graceful or coordinated enough haha
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @elisek  I hear you!  We just came back from a week at the beach and it was so hard to stick to healthy eating (limited drinking) while on vacation.  Great job getting back to the gym!

@ajsanders-2  I am impressed that you turned down the ice cream.  I have a really hard time saying no to ice cream.  @fishsticks-n-custard  Good job making a healthy meal choice...it is always so difficult to do at a restaurant, especially if everyone in your party is ordering something delicious.

@purplg8r  Wow!  So impressed with the 7 mile hilly run.  I live in a really flat place and whenever I travel to somewhere with hills , I am just humbled because it makes the run so much more challenging.

@Cricket648  Way to go with pushing yourself a little further with each run you do!

Getting back into a healthy routine after a week at the beach....prepping veggies, eggs, healthy snacks.  Drinking lots of water.

2. How is it going?
    I'm starting soon! haha  (Definitely drinking a lot of water because it is so hot!)

I got some much needed rest.

Swimming for sure!  (My first love is running, but I really enjoy swimming for fun and wish I was amazing at the sport.  I love watching professional swimmers during the Olympics).

• @dukestar5 I live in a really flat place too. It's the only place near me with hills--it was rough!
  • @Cricket648 & @dukestar5 - I know! I must be crazy or something to say no to ice cream! I wish I could say no to other random junk food, but that doesn't work.  :/
  • _darth_darth member
    Hey, just wondering if mental health stuff goes here too, or if there's a dedicated thread?
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • elisekelisek member
    @_darth - I think it could totally go here, and that's a great idea. Sometimes there is a mental health check in or a spirituality/faith check-in, but those aren't super common. But I know that many of us here have mental health conditions that could benefit from more regular check-ins and prioritization of healthy habits. 

If I start the thread next week, I can make it more explicit or add a mental health question. Thoughts?

TTC #1 March 2017
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited July 2017
    @elisek @_darth there is typically a separate mental health check in. It was weekly for a while, but wasn't utilized as frequently, so in May it was switched to an ongoing monthly check-in. There was one started for June, but I don't think we ever had one started for July. This thread was started originally for more physical health/wellness, but as the culture of the board changes so can the threads. I just wouldn't want someone looking for emotional support to get lost in the discussion of increasing water and decreasing sugar etc. 
    as someone who spends her days encouraging people to talk about mental health I also think it is a good thing for mental health to have the attention it deserves in an individual thread. I, or anyone really, can certainly get the mental health thread for July started. 

Eta: a missing word

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• elisekelisek member
    @avrilmai - thanks! I was thinking I hadn't seen a MH thread around for awhile and couldn't remember the situation there. 

TTC #1 March 2017
  • _darth_darth member
    @elisek I really like the idea of keeping it here, like you suggested instead of in a dedicated thread because mental health being treated as any other health thing feels pretty good and destigmatising. 

I don't even know if the question needs to be mental health specific, but that just stems from where I am in my process/progress, and others may have better ideas. Maybe a blurb at the top that this thread is for discussing any form of healthy habit, mental or physical? 

I  am working on not allowing my anxiety disorder and OCD (the diagnosed kind, not the I-like-my-desk-clean-I'm-so-OCD kind) from robbing me of my independence. I have a lot of learned helplessness habits that need to be unlearned. Also, flossing. 

2. How is it going?
    It's going great so far. I'm in CBT/exposure therapy, and I am getting to the point where I can use the techniques I learn in real time, and it's yielding positive changes. 

I cleaned out the garage. That's not something I have ever done before, and it required heavy awkward lifting in full view of the neighbours. Then there were the bugs. I evicted all the spiders and purged the nests and... leavings. Only jumped out of my skin a bit when one fell into my top. They'll be back, but it will take them a while to rebuild Menzoberranzan on my ceiling. I'm pretty proud of myself. 

Hockey because it's fun, or javelin toss because I would love to be that confident in my ability to toss javelins my enemies. 
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • _darth_darth member
    @Avrilmai Oh, I didn't see your post. I'd love to float between both threads, tbh, just because CBT and habit reversal fit well here. A dedicated thread to discuss stuff like medication weaning (or not) and looking for support would be awesome though. 
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • izza2izza2 member
    Keep up the great work, guys!!

I think the mental health check in is great, but I also feel like it can be added here if people would rather check in here.
    I know for me, I felt weird coming in at the end of the month when it hadn't been posted on for over a week and wanting to participate, but not wanting to bump the thread up and be a SS at the same time. I know weekly wasn't really working, but I feel like if a note was added to this thread that it's for mental and physical health habits, people may utilize it more.
    I know I read everyone's posts, and I'm assuming others do the same, so I wouldn't be extremely worried about the mental health portion getting lost in the thread.
    The way I see it is that our mental health has a lot to do with our physical health.
    I don't even think we'd have to change anything about the OP, since it's honestly pretty open to any healthy habits. *shrug*
    Just my thoughts!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Drinking more water, cutting down on caffeine, counting macros, being more active, eating less processed sugars.

2. How is it going? Not too shabby! I got my weight set back from my dad yesterday, and put batteries in our elliptical, so I can start using that. Last night I did some reps with the weight set while waiting for dinner to cook, and did some squats in the process, and I feel pretty good today!

3. What is a small win from last week? Holy drank a lot of water last week. I don't think I've peed this much ever in my life. :lol:

4. GTKY: If you got to (had to?) pick an Olympic sport to be awesome at, which would you pick? Volleyball! I used to love playing volleyball when I was in school.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 Way to go on that water intake! I told myself all school year that I'd be better about it in the summer when I could pee whenever I want, but yeah, that hasn't really happened...

@Avrilmai I vote we make a separate mental health check in, only because if I were really struggling I'd feel weird about coming into this thread to talk about it. Even though I never posted in the mental health check in, I liked that I knew it was there should I ever need it. That said, I don't mind if people post mental health things here. I don't remember what the mental health check in was like, but I think if people have something specific they're working on for mental health's sake (like making time to meditate, taking meds regularly, cutting back on negative self talk) that could fit in well here. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017