January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions and Concerns: 7/16-7/22

Have a question? Ask it here? (Pregnancy related, baby gear related, etc.)
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Questions and Concerns: 7/16-7/22

• Options
    Has anyone had a glucose tolerance test yet? I feel like my Dr is the only one that has me take it in the first trimester. I failed btw...3 hour test, here  I come :(
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    ^^ I took at my first appt (a little sooner than they normally do it, but I was headed out of town)

I had to take the 3 hour with my first pregnancy.
    It wasn't fun, but it was tolerable. The office I went to was pretty relaxed, I actually went outside and walked around between each draw.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB said gestational diabetes comes from the placenta so I haven't had to do the glucose tolerance test yet and he didn't seem to think I was at increased risk even though I'm overweight, but I'm assuming I'm going to have to do it soon and I'm not excited  :/
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy, I had gestation diabetes but not until about 30 weeks...im going to cry if I have it this early.
  • Options
    @Jmedeiros24 I could be wrong, but I think if you had GD in a previous pregnancy (esp. if you ended up using insulin and not just controlling with diet) it's not uncommon for Doctor's to test for GD in subsequent pregnancies much earlier.  If you had GD previously, that may be why s/he's testing now.  Fingers crossed you pass your three hour!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @KatieEl @Jmedeiros24 yes, I didn't have GD my first pregnancy but I did become prediabetic 2 months before I got pregnant. I had my first 1hr gtt at 6wks and my 3hr gtt at 8 wks. The tests confirmed I had GD unfortunately. But because of it, I'm on a strict diet now and I've lost 9 lbs and my blood sugars have been perfect. My midwife is so relieved. In my opinion, it's better to start being treated for it sooner than later, for your health and baby's health  :)
  • Options
    @KatieEl they had me tested in the first trimester with my first pregnancy too. Maybe it has to do with family history??
  • Options
    @agalvarado I agree, I could definitely benefit from the strict diet but omg I love my sweets!
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    That's a great attitude @agalvarado
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    I'm having some side pain.. out from my belly button on the right and down a little... I don't know how to describe it. I know when they did the Doppler last week one of the babies was hanging out in that general area so I'm thinking it could just be one of them - thoughts?
  • Options
    @mudge85 RLP?

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    Mudge85Mudge85 member
    edited July 2017
    @missblaze that's what I was thinking but since I've never felt it before... I wasn't convinced.... also, weird to me that it's only one side. 
  • Options
    I wanted to share this story of a baby who passed away in my area- to help bring awareness to the risks of exposing newborns to cold sores.  Warning, it's heartbreaking :(   (I wasn't sure of the best place to post.)  Again, just want to share this info to help keep your LOs safe!!

https://www.kcci.com/article/parents-blame-cold-sore-for-devastating-virus-that-took-their-babys-life/10326723
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mudge85 my RLP is only ever on one side. It doesn't usually cross both sides at the same time for me.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My RLP is also one-sided, usually the right side. 

@ReadytoRun77 I saw that on FB yesterday  :'(
  • Options
    @ReadytoRun77 I remember there was a big thing about this when I had DS too. I get super nervous because I would get them all the time. Since having him I think I've only had one outbreak but gah, it's all so nerve-racking.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ReadytoRun77 I saw this too!! So sad :( I sent it to my mother and my husband because they both thought I was crazy for saying people can't be kissing all over our babies & I want people to have a flu shot(if it's as bad as last year here..) if they are going to come see them when they are newborns.
  • Options
    @Mudge85 They also usually recommend whoever will be around the new babe often have the TDAP shot as well. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ReadytoRun77 I'm so glad you shared that! I've never heard of such a thing and it kinda freaks me out! Especially with having a winter baby. So sad! 
  • Options
    Also I forgot to mention. I discussed this with my OB because my BF gets cold sores! and she recommended he start taking Valtrex (acyclovir) 3 months before baby is born and continue on the meds for several weeks after.   I even asked my mom to get a prescription for her random cold sores.  Better safe than sorry!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thanks!! @supercoolstephy my parents definitely think I'm overreacting when I tell them everything I want them to do if they are going to come see my babies as infants but I really DGAF because I'd rather be safe than sorry. I want my Mom and MIL to take infant CPR classes (DH and I are too) cause they might bridge the gap from me going back to work to the babies going to daycare.
  • Options
    @ReadytoRun77 I take/took Valtrex for my cold sores too. Works really well. 

Pregnancy Ticker