November 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: National Ice Cream Day

What's your favorite flavor / brand? Do you prefer hard or soft serve? If you don't like ice cream, do you eat gelato or frozen yogurt? What do you prefer for toppings? If you don't like any of the above, what is your favorite dessert? Bonus for gifs / pics!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: GTKY: National Ice Cream Day

• Options
    I love ice cream!! In Ohio we have Jeni's and they have a lot of unique flavors that I love. For regular flavors I like cookie dough and moose tracks. 
  • Options
    I'm eating ice cream as I type! I have a few favorites based on my current mood. Chocolate chip cookie dough, black cherry and maple walnut. When at an ice cream shop I always get the same. A medium twist (chocolate and vanilla) in a cone. Ice cream is my weakness! I try not to buy it because I will seriously eat a half of the half gallon in one sitting. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cwalker042 holy cow black cherry sounds really good!! Yummy!! 
  • Options
    Give me all the gelato. 

If I'm eating it at home I prefer the Talenti brand because I reuse the empty containers as tupperware to justify the cost :D
  • Options
    I love all kinds! Chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo, strawberry, and cherry vanilla top my list of generics. I don't typically get toppings, but brownie bites are great and I like boba on froyo. Turkey Hill makes a great birthday cake flavored ice cream and I love B&J's Chubby Hubby with the chocolate covered pretzels. A local place near me makes Holy Cannoli and it's pretty awesome!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Blue Bell, all the way! I love mint chocolate chip. I almost bought some at Target just now, but I made myself walk away.
  • Options
    Love all the ice cream.  @cwalker042 It is my weakness too and can't keep it at home.  My stand bys are strawberry and cookies and cream but we have so many places to get ice cream and they have so many different flavors I usually like to try new stuff.  I had apple pie ice cream last time I went.  It was delicious.  
    @NYTino24 I can't stop watching that gif you posted.   That is totally me lol 
  • Options
    I LOVE ICE CREAM!!! Cookie dough is my favorite and I love just plain old vanilla bean. Target has a store brand of ice cream that is monster cookie flavored and I love that as well. I enjoy cookie dough and brownies together so my go to at cold stone is sweet cream ice cream with cookie dough and brownie. Soo good. 
  • Options
    I love sweets and desserts but ice cream is not typically my favorite although I crave it constantly with this pregnancy. @NYTino24 Ben and Jerrys used to have a cannoli ice cream that was so good. My favorite flavor which I don't find often around here is coffee with chocolate jimmies. 
    One thing I've been craving a lot lately is slush (not slush puppies or Italian ice or icees)! I think that might just be a Massachusetts thing. There's nothing like it here in MN. I would give anything for one right now!
  • Options
    I love ice cream! Prefer hard over soft serve. Chocolate with colorful sprinkles is my jam! In drink form I love a good ol Orange cow! Orange sherbert with sprite. Yummmmmmmmm. 
  • Options
    Mmmmm ice cream! I love both hard and soft. We have an amazing soft serve place that's only open for the summer here and my god I would go every day if I could! My favorite is cookie dough but I've been eating chocolate flavors (fudge, choc chip, etc) lately and cheese cake flavored ....mmmmm
  • Options
    Love ice cream! I prefer soft serve but will eat both. I just had a mint sundae from Culver's which is custard. My favorite ice cream is Blue Moon which aparently you can only get in Wisconsin so I only get it when I visit home. 
  • Options
    Looks like we have a lot of cookie dough lovers!! 
  • Options
    #1 is definitely Culver's chocolate covered strawberry sundae with chocolate custard (although not technically ice cream).
    #2 is Dairy Queen's strawberry cheesequake blizzard.
    #3 Kemps chocolate moose tracks.

• Options
    I've also been loving coconut ice cream lately!! I'm probably in the minority for that one!
  • Options
    I've also been loving coconut ice cream lately!! I'm probably in the minority for that one!
    I had coconut ice cream once with cookie dough in it. It was delicious! And healthy. Like $7 for a tiny pint though. 
  • Options
    Yes to coconut ice cream! 

My all time fav is hard green pistachio. HAS to be the green- the white is just not the same!
  • Options
    I have tried the coconut ice cream but couldn't get into it.  @mymulligan what brand is good? 
  • Options
    I tried water ice for the first time last weekend. I guess that's a thing where I am. It's delicious! Had black cherry. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort I want to go there!!!
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort That's like a couple of the places by me!
    @baby3forme Love the strawberry cheesequake Blizzard!
    @mymulligan I like these:

• Options
    @NYTino24 - yum!

@lancomechica and @baby3forme - I should clarify that I've been eating coconut flavored "regular" ice cream and not ice cream made from coconut milk. 

Haagen-Dazs makes a bar with coconut ice cream dipped in chocolate that's ok. 

I just picked up a carton of this the other day and it's pretty good.

• Options
    @mymulligan Cedarcrest is so good. That's what they serve at a favorite local ice cream spot. Everyone insists that it's homemade, but you can see the cedarcrest symbol on each vat of ice cream as they scoop it for you. Like, why deny it?? Just admit that it's amazing!

We ended up just going to Target and getting our kids' favorite - mint chocolate chip. Almost went to Culver's for $1 sundaes, which they do every Sunday here, but that sounded more difficult. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am ice cream obsessed! I really like cookie dough, Smores, peanut butter cup, and a local ice cream shop has a soft serve vanilla and black raspberry twist that I absolutely love! I've also been into raspberry sorbet lately. 
  • Options
    Peanut butter anything is my FAVORITE! I go to menchies a lot because they tend to have pb all the time, plus I can add extra pb topping. Being pregnant doesn't help my cravings at all! Lol
  • Options
    Y'all are killing me!! I need to go get ice cream tomorrow!! 
  • Options
    All ice cream.
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish
    I wish the Culver's here did that! I work across the street from Culver's every Sunday and I would definitely take advantage of that!
  • Options
    Most recently it's black raspberry cheesecake or chewy chocolate (chocolate with brownies) from a local place called Katie's korner
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    I am an equal opportunity dessert person.  I love almost all flavors of ice cream and practically any dessert.  My obsession lately has been the oatmeal cookie halo top.
  • Options
    mymulliganmymulligan member
    edited July 2017
    @av2323 I went to target yesterday to try halo top. I had a coupon for $2 off so I was pumped to finally try it but they were completely out. I was so bummed!

ETA: for anyone who will be breastfeeding, I've heard that the Ben and Jerrys oatmeal cookie flavor supposedly boosts supply. I'll be glad to test that theory in a few months!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @amber0529 it's pretty amazing! They didn't have it my Wisconsin hometown either. Tuesday $1 cone, Thursday $1 cheese curd, Friday (or maybe Saturday) $1 shake, Sunday $1 cone!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Currently been obsessed with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, or moose tracks, or mint chip, really anything with a bit of chocolate and I love caramel in it right now too. My favorite brand is Bluebell but sadly they don't have that here really, so I go for Tillamook or Ben and Jerry's most of the time, my in-laws have a good selection of talenti and haagen daz on hand at all times as well. I also love frozen yogurt. 
  • Options
    bannaners said:
    Currently been obsessed with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, or moose tracks, or mint chip, really anything with a bit of chocolate and I love caramel in it right now too. My favorite brand is Bluebell but sadly they don't have that here really, so I go for Tillamook or Ben and Jerry's most of the time, my in-laws have a good selection of talenti and haagen daz on hand at all times as well. I also love frozen yogurt. 
    You have great taste!!! 
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish
    Now I want cheese curds. Why is WI the only place you can get cheese curds?!?! I can't even make my mom ship me some because they are just not the same if they're not fresh, warm and squeaky. 
  • Options
    @amber0529 it's pretty amazing! They didn't have it my Wisconsin hometown either. Tuesday $1 cone, Thursday $1 cheese curd, Friday (or maybe Saturday) $1 shake, Sunday $1 cone!
    They do that around me! And $1 mini concrete days. I always go for the concretes and cheese curds!!
  • Options
    They do that around me! And $1 mini concrete days. I always go for the concretes and cheese curds!!
    I wonder if we have a concrete mixer day!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Blue Bell is the best hands down! Mint chocolate chip is my favorite but I love pretty much all the flavors. Soo good! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I cannot stop eating ice cream. So cliche. I just picked up some Halo Top for the first time and I'm excited to try it! I figured the PB cup version of that has got to be better for me than the DQ blizzards I've been getting.