March 2018 Moms
Options

Baby names

Re: Baby names

• Options
    @isntthatspeshul I honestly think DH is going to nix those names too! Last time it was weird how we came up with our DS's name. It just was there one day and we both agreed. Lol
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    We have a Rylee (DH and I picked it), Kaitlyn (DH wanted katie but I don't like nicknames as a name and it feels more like a nickname to me and a Ziva (my dad picked it). Funny thing  with Ziva is that our last name is David (any NCIS fans?) and I didn't think about it until after she was born and named lol.

For this baby I am thinking about Evelyn Michael for a girl. Michael is my older brothers name (he passed before I was born) and after 3 girls I haven't gotten to use it. Hubby vetoed it as a girls first name but I will use it as a middle name! For a boy I have no idea...maybe Jensen Michael since my little brother used Michael for his son born last year after knowing I wanted to use it the last 3 pregnancies before my nephew was born. Everyone still says I can use it as a first name because we wanted Michael Alexander but then 3 family members took Alexander too. So I ain't sharing names with family anymore. I didn't share names at all with my 3rd...we were team green...will be with this one too.

Rylee 2.18.09
    Kaitlyn 12.20.09 (36 week preemie)
    Ziva 8.12.13 (31 week preemie)

Losses: 2.3.17 - 4.19.17 - 7.25.17 

BFP: 8.16.17 Heartbeat: 9.8.17 EDD: 5.1.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emma Joyce for a girl and call her Em J...and Anthony Charles for a boy!! Both family names for the middle names :) 
  • Options
    @isntthatspeshul my H is like that too! It gets frustrating but I'll be damned before I settle on a name I don't like!! 
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    @isntthatspeshul My husband just always thinks of what inappropriate nicknames our kids will acquire by their friends.  :| I liked the name Sela (say-lah) for a girl and he said, "Oh, yeah, so all of her boyfriends can joke how they're going to go "sailing with Sela!" No." Ugh. I do have to give him credit, though. He came up with our first two's first names and they're perfect for them. 
  • Options
    @knottie77c2d2321971dd60 we have thought of Emily Jane for a girl and calling her "Em J" !!! 
  • Options
    We'll probably choose another Welsh name, as my husband's side of the family is Welsh, as is our daughter's name. The only problem is that there are a lot of kids in the family, so most of the obvious Welsh names are taken. 
  • Options
    DS is Samuel Charles and DD is Molly Ann

We have no girl names so far at all and are throwing around Jacob William after my grandpa or Jacob David (David is DHs first name) 
  • Options
    My son is Thomas Paul after his 2 grandfathers. No idea what we will do for a name if we have another boy since we used both of our family names that we'd want to use on him. Naming him after his dad is a no go because my SO has a super unfortunate FN/LN combo that makes naming after him impossible. 

The only girl names I've been attached to so far are Juliana and Lily. I love Claire and Grace, but already have nieces with both of those names. 
  • Options
    DD1 is Adalyn Elizabeth 

DD2 is Viviana Grace

we struggle so badly with names! Haven't even started thinking yet for this one!
  • Options
    Bumping this! I hope??

Does anyone have any 3 syllable girl name (for middle name) ideas? I've been googling, but have yet to find one I love. 
  • Options
    Bumping this! I hope??

Does anyone have any 3 syllable girl name (for middle name) ideas? I've been googling, but have yet to find one I love. 
    Allison? It's my middle name. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @chasingroygbiv, one of my top girl names is Lydia. I also love Annika but know too many people with that first name. Adria is one I go back and forth on. And my middle name is Alyssa which I love. Or Allison. My niece is Elaina which I also love. 

I just realized that most of these are A names...lol
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv how about Madeline?
  • Options
    muggle621muggle621 member
    edited September 2017
    @chasingroygbiv Addison? Or you could go 80's with Jennifer or Stephanie.
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We have agreed upon a girl name but can't seem to think or agree on a boys name.  We both agree we want a name that starts with an A but we realized there are already so many in our family ha that we obviously don't want to use.  Does anyone have an A name for a boy they absolutely love? Hoping there will be some ones we haven't been considering :)

@vflux33 We had this argument over our potential girls name and middle name resulting in initials "ASS". I felt horrible since it is mainly the middle initial that changes it to ASS, and it was a name after my husbands cousin who passed away when they were little. I would love to name our child after her, however I also don't want my little girl having the initials of ASS...... he thinks I'm crazy and that "no one pays attention to initials" -- coming from the guy with initials "BJS" :) and I noticed immediately ha
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited September 2017
    @ABombard12 Uh yeah, I'm with you and think people--especially mean kids at school, will definitely notice! There are lots of good names that don't start with an A, I promise! The "no A" rule didn't hold us back from finding names we could agree on. Maybe if you find one he loves you can just bypass reopening that argument. 
  • Options
    We'll probably choose another Welsh name, as my husband's side of the family is Welsh, as is our daughter's name. The only problem is that there are a lot of kids in the family, so most of the obvious Welsh names are taken. 
    Isn't Rhys Welsh? I really liked that name but DH shot it down.
  • Options
    Bumping this! I hope??

Madeleine, Allison, Bethany, Josaline, Emily, Rosalin 
  • Options
    Isn't Rhys Welsh? I really liked that name but DH shot it down.
    Yes, Rhys is a Welsh name. We have a nephew named Rhys. :)
  • Options
    @ABombard12, our DS is Adam so I'm biased towards that. My nephew is Anthony which I absolutely love that name as well. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I'm saving these suggestions in my phone to go through with DH because we are stumped! DD's MN is 3 syllables and we just love it, so hoping to have one picked for a girl this go around too! 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying We already have an Adam and an Anthony! We also have an Axel (my son), Ashton, Aiden.... So far I think that is it? ha 
  • Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited September 2017
    DD1 Natalia Bianca 
    DD2 Naviana Brielle 

DD 3 or DS1 will most likely be Noa (f) or Noah (m) 

*Pregnancy brain* I didn't realize I responded to this before  :D:D

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ABombard12, I knew a family with an Al, Austin, Anthony (you already have that) and Alik. 
  • Options
    I need to ask. Is Rhys pronounced like Reese? I'm assuming so, but my brain always interprets it as sounding more like Rise when I see it.
    Yep! It's pronounced like Reese.
  • Options
    We are having a girl. I LOVE Olivia, but my SO is not feeling it. Lol. I think we might go with Emery. My mother has passed a away and I want to incorporate her name in our daughter's middle name, but it will be hard. My mother's name was Ermatine! I love(d) my mother DEARLY, buuuuuuuut how do I work with that!? Lol. Her nicknames were Erma and Tine. I do not care for Erma... Hmmmm.... 
  • Options
    @fullofhope25 I love the name Emery  <3

DH and I have always loved the name Charlotte but after the royal family named their daughter Charlotte it has blown up. So we are considering other names now although we might still go with it. 
  • Options
    Our sons name is Knox Paul. I still love it & it fits him perfectly!

We are team green & haven't started totally discussing names yet. 

Our top girl from last time is Aria, but I'm concerned it's gotten too popular now...still love it. Also liking Camilla, Sloane and Ellie

For a boy: Ari, Milo or Leo, but I'm sure DH will veto all of these
  • Options
    @fullofhope25 I've never heard of Ermatine! So unique! I think middle names can be unusual as you like... grade school kids don't usual hear middle names to mock them, and it can be a point of pride (or at least a good 'getting to know you' story) as she gets older. (Though I agree, neither Erma or Tine would strike me as a favorite first name... especially if you favor a classic, cool sounding name like Olivia!)
  • Options
    We are having a girl. I LOVE Olivia, but my SO is not feeling it. Lol. I think we might go with Emery. My mother has passed a away and I want to incorporate her name in our daughter's middle name, but it will be hard. My mother's name was Ermatine! I love(d) my mother DEARLY, buuuuuuuut how do I work with that!? Lol. Her nicknames were Erma and Tine. I do not care for Erma... Hmmmm.... 
    some other ideas to incorporate your Mom's name, either as a first or middle:
    Emmaline
    Christine, Valentine, Clementine, Justine
    Emma
    Tina
  • Options
    gh515  Great point! I think I am also allowing myself to be influenced by others' opinions (i.e. S/O's mom, etc.), which I need to stop. Lol. 

jessilee15 OMG!! Great idea! I never thought about using a name that is very similar. I think I was so stuck on using her exact name or nickname. 

Thank you ladies!!! 
  • Options
    ksmwaltersksmwalters member
    edited September 2017
    @chasingroygbiv just wanted to toss a few more suggestions out there for you! Josephine, Isabelle/Isobel, Vivian/Vivienne, Sabrina, Gillian, Lillian, Amelia, Julianne, Marsali. I'd look through old "Name Nerd" columns on laineygossip.com too. Duana always lists some great, rarely heard names!
  • Options
    rachaeles said:
    My DD is Lillian Grace ( Lily).  We were thinking Madelyn Rose for a girl and Nolan Patrick for a boy.
    My daughter is Madelynn Rose!  
  • Options
    We haven't even begun to discuss names.  My daughter is Madelynn Rose and my son is Michael Christopher named after my husband.  We commonly refer to them as M&m.  However, I don't know if we should stick to an M name or something else.
    Names I currently like: Esme, Emilia for a girl
    Boy: Matthew, Benjamin, Charlie 

Anyone have good M suggestions?