Baby Names

Favorite surname names?

Re: Favorite surname names?

• None, I really do not like them for 1st names.
  • Boy - Truitt, Thatcher, Walker

Girl - Collins
  • Loading the player...
  • Clark and Harrison are my boy favs. Don't have a girl fav. 

• Siggy Warning: Loss, Living Child, Pregnancy mentioned
    • TTC Since August 2009
    • IUI #1, D/C December 2012
    • IUI #2, Natural MC March 2013
    • IUI #3 BFN
    • IUI #4 BFP Due April 2014
    • Rainbow Baby DS1 born April 2014 via emergency C-Section
    • IUI #5 February 1, 2017.....BFP due 10/25/17 with TWINS! --9w5d vanishing twin. 
    • Diagnosis: PCOS, Factor V Leiden Syndrome

• Grant, Graham, Reid, Carter, Walker, Shepard. I don't really like surnames for girls. Ivy, but that doesn't really count.
  • NME44NME44 member
    Bennett
  • Boy- Harrison, Miles, Asher, Davis, Graham, Donovan, Clayton 

Girl- Collins, Mackenzie, Madison
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Whatever your maiden name is. Or some other family surname. I do not get the point of using some other family's name for a child.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    LOL @ none.  Many first names were originally last names...even ones that people think of as solely first names.  Thomas, Bryan, Hannah, Meredith, Jack...
  • @MrsCFB Surnames didn't come to be until medieval times. A lot of times people picked something that described them (hair colour, profession, 'son of'). Hence why some first names and surnames match. For example, Thomas is in the Old Testament as a first name (so is Hannah). The surname Thomas comes from the Biblical character. The surname is a common one (especially in France), but didn't exist before Thomas as a first name.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • FakeFinn said:
    @MrsCFB Surnames didn't come to be until medieval times. A lot of times people picked something that described them (hair colour, profession, 'son of'). Hence why some first names and surnames match. For example, Thomas is in the Old Testament as a first name (so is Hannah). The surname Thomas comes from the Biblical character. The surname is a common one (especially in France), but didn't exist before Thomas as a first name.
    Thank you, you said it so much better than I could have. didnt even bother trying because...well, you know why!
  • lol@nice try
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    edited July 2017
    FakeFinn said:
    @MrsCFB Surnames didn't come to be until medieval times. A lot of times people picked something that described them (hair colour, profession, 'son of'). Hence why some first names and surnames match. For example, Thomas is in the Old Testament as a first name (so is Hannah). The surname Thomas comes from the Biblical character. The surname is a common one (especially in France), but didn't exist before Thomas as a first name.
    I appreciate the insight! I didn't realize people were differentiating b/w surnames that were originally first names and surnames that weren't.  
  • Keller
    Edison
    Madison
    Stone