Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Game of Thrones Discussion

Season 7 premiere is on Sunday! Note: there will probably be spoilers here.

Who is your favorite character that's in one of the main families, and why?:

Who is your favorite character that's not in any of the big families, and why?:

Who's death are you most eagerly anticipating?:

Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen in season 7?:

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a GoT nerd are you? Tell us why: 

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???: 

Are you having any celebrations/watch parties on Sunday?

Re: GTKY: Game of Thrones Discussion

• Options
    Are we doing show only or including info from books???
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That's a great question. I'm inclined to include the books but that's because I've read them. Maybe put book stuff in spoilers?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @looeeze good call! okay, off to answer questions :)
  • Options
    Too many to choose from!  But I like Arya's storyline, also Daenerys and The IMP! <3

ALL THE DIRE WOLVES! But I like Brienne.  I think she and Jamie need to get it on

Dunno

Dunno

4?  I enjoy the shows, but couldn't get into the books and I watched the first few seasons, then stopped watching cause DH wouldn't watch with me.  Then recently DH & I watched all the season within a few weeks of each other (he hadn't seen it from the beginning so he didn't get it when I watched it previously, now he likes it)

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???: 
    YES!

Not unless I decide to break down and order it online. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited July 2017
    Jon Snow probably. I'm most interested in his storyline at this point, I guess? 
    (In the books, Tyrion is my favorite character to read, though.... figured that didn't actually need a spoiler)

Varis maybe?

Ummmm no one at this point

I don't know if it will be season 7 or season 8, but the promos have me all like LADIES, RISE UP! I feel like they're going in the LOTR direction with the "all men must die" and it's going to be all the ladies (Dany, Asha, Cersei, Arya, Sansa, the sand snakes, etc.) calling the shots moving forward. 

Mmm maybe a 6 or 7? I've read all the books, I've watched the show probably three times through. I listen to a lot of podcasts about it. I'm not, like, HP levels, though, so I don't think I'm like a super fan or anything.

Lol, that was obvious to me even fairly early on in the books. 

Probably not because DH is studying for the bar, but definitely watching!! 
  • Options
    Who is your favorite character that's in one of the main families, and why?: Probably either Arya or Tyrion. Both kick butt.

Who is your favorite character that's not in any of the big families, and why?: Brienne, I think.

Who's death are you most eagerly anticipating?: Hmmm... I'm not sure!

Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen in season 7?: Nah. I'll just watch. :)

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a GoT nerd are you? Tell us why: Probably around a 5. I've read all the books, seen all seasons of the show, and definitely spent too much time reading about both.

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???: Of course! Knew that from pretty early in the books. Apparently this was what George R. R. Martin asked the HBO producers to make sure they were worthy of producing the show.

Are you having any celebrations/watch parties on Sunday? Just me and MH!
  • Options
    looeezelooeeze member
    edited July 2017
    @doxiemoxie212 YAS to the ladies taking over. But I hate the sandsnakes with a passion. 
    They were so much better in the books, the show ruined that whole Dorne storyline for me.
    ETA: also, what podcasts do you listen to??
  • Options
    looeezelooeeze member
    edited July 2017
    @Avrilmai Oh, Nymeria! I think I'd love an Arya/Nymeria reunion more than I loved the Sansa/Jon reunion. Also you're so right that Arya has such a strong sense of herself (even though she might be a psychopath now?) which is super intriguing considering that she spent the last two seasons becoming no one. Is there a deeper life lesson in that?
  • Options
    Fantastic idea @looeeze

Who is your favorite character that's in one of the main families, and why?: Arya, becasue I think she's badass! 

Who is your favorite character that's not in any of the big families, and why?: Lady Mormont
    Image result for lady mormont gif

Who's death are you most eagerly anticipating?: I'm not sure, Cersei I guess.

Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen in season 7?: I do, but I'm more excited to just see how it goes. 

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a GoT nerd are you? Tell us why: I would say 5. I LOVE the show, but I've only read some of the books. My H on the other hand, has read all of the books at least twice, and spends a great deal of time on the GoT Wiki.

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???: Yes!! Reading (some of) the books helped there.

Are you having any celebrations/watch parties on Sunday? We're going to a friends house to eat nachos and watch. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • Options
     looeeze said:
    @Cricket648 Oooh I forgot about Lady Mormont! What a badass. Tell us your theories!!

Also I'm so here for this 'ship:

I read the other day that this was totally unplanned that the actor took the direction and ran with it...I'm so glad he did. this is just great to watch.

@Cricket648 I second looeeze. share your theories!

I'd also love to see a Jon/Arya reunion at some point since they were so close. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    Who is your favorite character that's in one of the main families, and why?: Arya is my favorite. Have always loved Tyrion and Dany as well, but just really curious to see what Arya will do, she's so tough. 

Who is your favorite character that's not in any of the big families, and why?: Umm, Lady Mormont, obvi. If she was in charge winter would already be over. Put her amazing resting bitchy face in a spoiler because the pic was huge. 

Who's death are you most eagerly anticipating?: I guess the obvious answer is Cersei at Jamie's hand. BUT, also the Red Witch because I feel she's destined for an awesome fire filled death. 

Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen in season 7?: Cersei and Jamie fall out because Cersei has become the same (or worse) than the king that Jamie slayed. Dany and Jon Snow end up together even though they are somehow related a little. Brienne makes out with Yara Greyjoy and likes it. Epic dragon fire is everywhere. 

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a GoT nerd are you? Tell us why: So I watch every episode as it airs and love talking about it, but I think I am still only a 5 because I don't do GoT message boards, cosplay, and I haven't read the books. I feel like GoT fans run deep. 

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???:  Yes, like, we have all known this forever. 

Are you having any celebrations/watch parties on Sunday? I think it will just be me and MH. But I'd like to make it festive and am trying to think we how we can do that. 
  • Options
    Avrilmai said:
     looeeze said:
    @Cricket648 Oooh I forgot about Lady Mormont! What a badass. Tell us your theories!!

Also I'm so here for this 'ship:

I read the other day that this was totally unplanned that the actor took the direction and ran with it...I'm so glad he did. this is just great to watch.

@Cricket648 I second looeeze. share your theories!

I'd also love to see a Jon/Arya reunion at some point since they were so close. 

LOL, really? That's so great. I love that Brienne just went with it so perfectly, too.
  • Options
    @looeeze I don't think the Dorne thing needs a spoiler - I haven't read the books but the sand snakes were SO LAME. I'm glad they were at least originally conceived to be better. 
  • Options
    looeezelooeeze member
    edited July 2017
    @zamora_spin Brienne/Yara ship! I love that. And yeah Melisandre should totally die. You think Stannis will kill her?

ETA: Oh, the whole Dorne plotline is wildly different in the books and is much, much better IMO.
  • Options
    @looeeze (and any other book readers) 

A few questions: 1) how do you think the books will end up being compared to the show? I know grrm said he thought of a last minute variation. 2) I'm so confused by not all starks being worgs in the show. It seems so important to me, do you agree? Like, I always assumed in the books bran and Jon would connect via tree worging or something and that's how Jon would find out his parentage. 3) seriously where the fuck is young griff in this MFing show??? Are we really supposed to believe he's an unimportant storyline????
     Also, @looeeze I always hated the dorne and iron island storylines in the books. They were DHs favorite but seriously could barely make it through. 
  • Options
    @looeeze podcasts: The Watch and Bingemode on The Ringer. 
  • Options
    Who is your favorite character that's in one of the main families, and why?: Daenerys because she is super badass and I can't wait to see what happens when she lands in Westeros

Who is your favorite character that's not in any of the big families, and why?: Littlefinger! I know everyone hates him but I love him. He's super sneaky and nobody ever sees him coming, plus there is something weirdly sexy about him. 

Who's death are you most eagerly anticipating?: probably Cersei although I have to be heartless and wish they would get rid of Bran because he is responsible for so many deaths and it just plain annoying as hell

Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen in season 7?: Dany and Jon Snow will finally meet!!

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a GoT nerd are you? Tell us why: probably a 6, I've seen all the seasons and many of them more than once but I haven't read any of the books yet. 

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???: yup!

Are you having any celebrations/watch parties on Sunday? We don't have cable so we can't watch until Monday but DH and I are making some snacks Monday night. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212, other book readers:
    Yeah- I feel like they gave some hints very early on that all the Starks were wargs in the show. I read that the Direwolf SFX just got too expensive so they had to cut a bunch of that. 

Yeah like they just cut all of Jon Connington/Young Griff! I think that was a budgetary decision too, from what I've read. It just makes me anxious for GRRM to get finished already.

And yeah- the Dorne plotline in the books wasnt great either (RIP Quentyn) but it was still much better than the stupid show plotline. I didn't buy Ellaria's character arc at all. 
  • Options
    @looeeze *whispers* Stannis is already dead... But I think Arya will kill her. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin LOL I meant Davos. Dur doi.
  • Options
    @looeeze the dorne scenes in the show honestly seem like they're directed, filmed and produced by an entirely different show. It's so corny and.... stereotypical? If that even makes sense in an alt fantasy reality show?? It's embarrassing. 
  • Options
    @looeeze Ok that is definitely a better guess. Also, I can totally see the ship you mentioned with Brienne and the red-headed dude whose name I never remember. He is really into her and it's hilarious. Basically I hope my favorite characters don't die and Brienne ends up a happy warrior lady with like, a stay-at-home partner who takes care of their kids. 
  • Options
    For the book readers, is it worth it to try reading them again?  Do they get better?  I know I was put off with the long winded descriptions of everything.  At least that's what I remember from my 1 attempt at reading the first book years like 5+ years ago.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts they're addictive AF so yes. You need to get about 100 pages in, but once you get to the part where bran falls from the tower it's super good. And different enough from the show that it's worth it. 
  • Options
    Cricket648Cricket648 member
    edited July 2017
    @Avrilmai That's so interesting! I think her attitude totally makes that character, so that's impressive! I would also LOVE a Jon and Arya reunion. 

@looeeze I feel like all of my theories are either super obvious or totally and completely wrong. Haha! Jaime kills Cersei, Jon and Daenerys end up together, enormous battles...that sort of thing. My H has a hunch that Catelyn Stark might still be alive, but it's a long shot. 

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I mean, the long descriptions of food and clothes are present throughout the whole series. But if you can get through them, I think it's worth it. 

I sort of wish GRRM's editors would tell him: you know what, just don't describe food or clothes for WOW, it'll cut your time in half.
  • Options
    @looeeze NO NO NO I LOVE THE DESCRIPTIONS DONT YOU DARE lol
  • Options
    Who do you guys think the "three heads of the dragons" will be? Like, who are the three people that will be riding dragons in the final battle? 
  • Options
    @looeeze I agree with @doxiemoxie212 I like to long descriptions! I also bought a GOT cookbook becasue of them... :D
  • Options
    @Cricket648 YH probably has that theory cause he's read all the books. Book spoiler:
    I think they gave some of Lady Stoneheart's plot to Sansa and some to Arya, so I don't think Catelyn is coming back.
    I don't think Dany and Jon end up together, romantically. She's his aunt (assuming that's not a spoiler since we all seem to know it already) and she can't have kids, and Jon needs to spread that seed. Although it would make for a strong alliance. Tho Dany doesn't neccessarily need an alliance cause, you know, dragons.
  • Options
    Who do you guys think the "three heads of the dragons" will be? Like, who are the three people that will be riding dragons in the final battle? 
    Dany of course, Tyrion (who may also secretly be Targaryen!), and Jon Snow Targaryen
  • Options
    @looeeze agree 100% I don't think Dany and Jon end up together.

Though targaryans (sorry I'm on mobile so I'm spell checking nothing) love incest. And in the books doesn't it seem like dany and young griff will get it on?? So agree but for different reasons I guess. 

Do you think we've met someone that would be good for Jon yet? One of the dorne chicks? 

Also do you think the same folks will die in the books? I sort of felt like they're going different places with the kings landing folks in the books? 
  • Options
    @looeeze Good points! I knew they were related, but still didn't rule it out, only becasue it doesn't seem to matter  :D (but I would still be creepy). I think it was more wishful thinking, just becasue I don't like Dany as a leader. I think she's still too naive, although she's gotten much better. 
  • Options
    @Cricket648 I hate to break it to you but Catlyn is the QUEEN of bad decisions lol 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I think two will be Jon and Dany, but the person I thought would be third was left out of the show, so I'm not sure what will happen!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Will Jon ever get over Ygritte, though? If he hooks up with a sandsnake I will die of rage. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Yaaass! Love your predictions. 

Who is your favorite character that's in one of the main families, and why?: Probably Arya - because she's such a little badass. Or Jamie. I like him because he's a complicated character.

I have a lot of these. Davos, Melisandre, or Varis probably - all for varied and unique reasons. They're just interesting characters to watch, mainly. 

Hmm - IDK? I know someone has to bite it. 

Do you have any predictions for what's going to happen in season 7?: Not really. I'm hoping Jon and Dany meet, but that's about it. I've been trying so hard to stay spoiler free. 

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a GoT nerd are you? Tell us why: Maybe a 5? I've read all the books and seen all the episodes - but haven't done much in the way of podcasts. I should though!

You've figured out who Jon Snow's real parents are by this time, right? RIGHT???: But of course!

Are you having any celebrations/watch parties on Sunday? Nope. Just me and H.