TWW Thursday - 7/13

Month/cycle:  

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP Length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Be a tourist in your own state!  Where is your favorite vacation/getaway spot in your state (or in your country if your county doesn't have states)?  What do you love about it?
Me: 30 H: 30
Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: TWW Thursday - 7/13

• Loading the player...
  • Month/cycle:  1/1

CD/DPO: 31/9

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Testing: Ok, so I caved and tested today.  BFN.  I know it is still really early.  Is it BSC of me if I buy some FRERs today to test with tomorrow?

R/R: Progesterone came back normal, so I think that confirms O. (14.43 for curious minds, or if anybody knows what number it should before 7dpo).  I have a lot to do for my mom's party this weekend and should probably clean and run errands today.

CS/Q: What progesterone number are they looking for to confirm O?  I'm wondering if 14.43 is high enough because my last 7dpo progesterone was like 20something.

GTKY: Be a tourist in your own state!  Where is your favorite vacation/getaway spot in your state (or in your country if your county doesn't have states)?  What do you love about it?
    We love mini vacations to Door County.  But in the early summer and during the week - it gets crazy there.  I love that there aren't any chain stores or restaurants, the weather is usually pretty moderate when we go, and it is so relaxing to sit by the water to watch boats sail around and watch the sunset.  I also love the food!  White Gull Inn for Breakfast and Wild Tomato for pizza!  Oh and all of the wineries have fruity wine which is my fav.  And the sour cherries are awesome too.

• @MrsMiller8588 The badlands sounds cool! As does a weekend by the lake. How are you feeling about the BFN cheapie? 

@becausescience Your mini vacations sound fabulous! I don't know about the FRERs, tbh. What's your typical LP?
  • @fishsticks-n-custard Oh cool! Was it for school/university? Your secret TX park looks amazing! 

@kiwi2628  Sorry about your early O. I can imagine that's bittersweet. 

@darkstar42 Cats are especially good at being assholes in the wee hours of the morning. 

• @MrsMiller8588 Sorry about the BFN.  FX for you next test!  And the Badlands are so pretty.

@SkilledSailor NC is on my list of states I really want to visit.  I'll have to look into Asheville - love that it is dog friendly.  And I don't really O on my own, so I don't know my LP length.  Maybe I'll find out this cycle.

@fishsticks-n-custard Holy cow that is a beautiful picture!  That place sounds amazing.

@kiwi2628 Sorry your IUI timing wasn't what you wanted - but your timing is still awesome.  NYC is another place I want to visit.  And is it weird that when I hear "Finger Lakes" all I can think of is this:

• @darkstar42 I feel you on the 5:30 wake up call that's my typical alarm  :/ so early that even my cat sleeps through it normally haha
  • P&G again right now, I'll try to be back later to do tags
    Month/cycle:  6/5

CD/DPO: 27/7

Timing: -3

Typical LP Length: ~14?

Testing: *hiss* no no no

R/R: rant - work. rave - so close to the weekend, almost there!

CS/Q: nah, but chart in spoiler

For a nearby get away, I LOVE going to Devil's Lake for hiking, camping, swimming, fishing.  If I feel like driving, Flambeau River area up in Northern Wisco (for the same activities as above lol)!  If you want to stay in the city, downtown Madison is a lot of fun!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @Mrsmiller8588 I've never been to ND, but would like to see the badlands. I live so much closer now, so I totally should road trip there!
    @SkilledSailor Sorry about the cramps! That sounds miserable. And cats can indeed be assholes.
    @becausescience Your mini-vacations sound great! I could use one of those right about now!
    @fishsticks-n-custard That park looks amazing!
    @kiwi2628 NYC museums are the best!
    @cards10 I hear you on the lakes. It cracks me up that everyone here in Minnesota talks about "going to the lake" for the weekend without specifying which lake when there are so many! Also, now I want to visit this place with goats on the roof! I usually wake up around 5:30 to temp, then go back to sleep, but the cat was making such a racket that he kept me up. Sigh.
  • millpemillpe member
    @SkilledSailor I'm feeling okay about it. It was expected. 

@darkstar42 you should take a road trip!! Depending on where you are in MN it could be a pretty long drive though. And honestly if you have never seen Mt Rushmore in SD there might be more to do there :) but that might also be because I work in the badlands so I see it frequently enough to be spoiled and not appreciate it as much. I do try to take a trip to medora and camp for a weekend every summer. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • edited July 2017
    @cards10 Yep!  Here is a pic of DH and I - we went for a "mini-honeymoon" after our wedding (bc who goes to Jamaica in June?) and loved it.  We went last summer too, but didn't get to that restaurant again as our trip was shorter.  I was actually really sad at first, because when we arrived at the restaurant there were not goats to be found.
    *poof*

• @becausescience that's fantastic! 
  • @becausescience You totally got photobombed by a goat. That's hilarious.
    @SkilledSailor It was for school. I was offered a job in NC, on the coast, but couldn't convince hubbie to move up there. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @dukestar5 If you're in to star gazing, it's also a not bad drive from McDonald observatory and they do star parties pretty frequently there. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @dukestar5 Two kitties! One we've had for years and one is new to us (we got him at the end of May). New kitty (pictured below) is ridiculously full of energy and feisty.

• @MrsMiller8588 be strong!  Resist to urge to POAS ;)

@SkilledSailor I'm interested in figuring out for sure my LP too!  GL with the Lucifer's child cramps

@becausescience I hope your mom's party is fun!  I've never been to Door County in the 18+ years I've lived in WI.  Hopefully DH & I will fix this before the end of summer

@fishsticks-n-custard have fun with your MIL!  Also, that place looks awesome!

@kiwi2628 FX for your beta!  That sucks that you got an early O, but hopefully FX 1 will have been enough!

@darkstar42 LMAO, cats are such a-holes.  But they're so cute and fluffy you gotta love them!

@cards10 love the goat photo! Now I really gotta check out Door County

@dukestar5 we try to get as much camping in as we can.  Unfortunately this year we've only been out twice so far :(  Also, this is my first month temping, so I dunno. I might keep at it until AF shows up just to see what my temps do

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @dukestar5 It is a surprise, but we are actually hosting it at her house.  Lots of in secret planning with my dad.  People will basically just suddenly show up and then my sister and I will come with food and coolers of drinks.  We're pretty sure she has no idea, so it should be fun.  As for temping - I've done both.  This time I'm trying to temp through the whole thing to either see the temp drop for AF or stay up if KU.

@lurvleybunchococonuts It is ok - I haven't been to Devil's Lake. :# 

• @SkilledSailor I do love NC, especially Asheville!! We moved a war ago for my husbands fellowship and it was a match process, Asheville was our third choice (and now we regret not moving it up, and totally wish we would have moved there!!)

@fishsticks-n-custard what a beautiful photo!! I also love Austin. Another place I'd love to live (and get my PhD, but their program is quite expensive!!)

@cards10 sorry about the BFN, best of luck for later testing!!

• Month/cycle:  7/7

CD/DPO: 18/5

Timing: meh -5, o, +1

Typical LP Length: 10-14ish 

Testing: not until AF is late AF  :p

R/R: Had a great day off yesterday with DH. We ring hiking early before it got super hot, went to lunch, and just hung out. It's been crazy busy lately, so this was so nice! 

CS/Q:

i have only been in AZ 1 year and have yet to go to the Frand Canyon, which is definitely the largest attraction. We love to hike, and do Camelback and Piestawa Peak a lot. Those are big for tourists as well. Flagstaff is also a fun spot! 
  • @dukestar5 Yay another NC fan! FX this cycle works out better for you than you're expecting.

@hollieileen It's still there for visiting! I don't know how it would be to live there. Do you like where you H ended up?

• @SkilledSailor Yes and no... lots to do, but it's too busy and too hot haha. And we would have only been 2 hours from my brother had we ended up there. We don't have any family here. 
  • millpemillpe member
    @dukestar5 It kinda depends what I want out of a vacation and how much time we have! We end up in Minneapolis area for sporting events a lot and because it's close (1 hr flight) for just a weekend. For a long weekend or maybe a week but on a budget we've been to Orlando (we have family with houses here and DH went to school here so it's his favorite). I've also been to Mexico, Hawaii, cruises for longer vacations. We like to see new places :) 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • darkstar42darkstar42 member
    edited July 2017
    @hollieileen Are you in Phoenix? I just moved out of AZ after being there for six years for grad school. If you haven't been to Sedona, definitely visit! It's gorgeous (I may be biased, as MH and I got married there).
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Cats can totally be jerks. But then they start purring...
    @JennyColada Yay for CA! I'm originally from Santa Cruz, south of SF.
    @mileswithmyles Another Californian! San Diego is awesome.
    @repratt1 Keeping distracted is hard! I'm trying to focus on work, but this month time really seems to drag.

ETA b/c my computer freaked out and deleted half of what I wrote.
  • @JennyColada. So fun that you are in LA! My brother lives there, so DH and I went to visit him this spring.  We had an awesome time hiking and trying out yummy restaurants.  

@mileswithmyles. We are cycle buddies! Both 22/4.

@repratt1 yay for good timing and the good levels.  As for distraction during the TWW, luckily my parents are visiting so I think that will help distract me for a bit.
  • @JennyColada I'm also in the LA area!
  • holli0801holli0801 member
    edited July 2017
    @darkstar42 I am in Phoenix! I haven't been to Sedona since moving here, although I have in the past. It is a beautiful place for a wedding! DH has a strict policy of, if we head north we may as well go to Flag... haha... I want to take my mom to Sedona when she visits. Any suggestions of where to go/what to do?--Other than drool over scenery  ;)

@mileswithmyles I love San Diego as well! Only been once... Hoping to get there this summer again! What are your fav spots for food/drink? Any hikes/pretty walking areas you suggest? 
  • @mileswithmyles ah I missed your post! I love Coronado Island! There's a nice dog friendly hotel there that I'm dying to take MH to on vacation (and obviously get Sunday brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado!).
  • @hollieileen I was in Phoenix/Tempe too. Let me know if you need any restaurant or coffee shop tips! Lux is seriously the best coffee shop ever. We always went to Sedona for hiking, so I don't have great recommendations beyond that! Red Rock State Park is awesome, as is Slide Rock (no hiking, but a river with a natural water slide). Beaver Creek also has an awesome hike to a swimming hole and is near Sedona.
  • @darkstar42 thank you! I have heard about lux, but haven't tried! Will check it out! I'm obsessed with cooper star coffee on 7th ave and Indian school. I'm always accepting foodie ideas! There are so many restaurants I'm sure we are missing out on some greats! 
  • @JennyColada I have looked at that hotel and the dog beach! It's pretty pricey, but I'm thinking a good birthday present for the fur babies  :p
  • @JennyColada The Del is the best!  

@hollieileen I really like Modern Times and Pizza Port. I'd didn't do much hiking when I went to college there, but I know there are some great areas. Woodstocks has some great pizza and any Mexican restaurant in Old Town is amazing!