February 2018 Moms
Options

The waiting is the hardest part

I'm 37 and this is my first. I'm not scheduled for my first appointment until the end of July and the wait is driving me nuts. I'm not even 100% how far along I am, due to irregular periods, but I'm going for between 7 and 8 weeks. Lots of people I know already seem to see the doctor by now. Should I call and try to get in sooner? I'm worried I am missing important check ups that are crucial early on. I informed my doctor's office I was expecting on June 27th, the day after I found out myself. I feel mostly ok, other than some queeziness in the mornings and super sore breasts. Eating is fine too. It almost doesn't feel real yet. I don't know if I can wait another three weeks. 

Re: The waiting is the hardest part

• Options
    I know that different offices see first time patients at different dates. Some do it around 6-8 weeks, others later. So it's not super out of the ordinary, but it is terrible waiting! I'd say if you are really having a tough time waiting around, call and explain it to the doctors office. Maybe request that they squeeze you in if there is a cancellation or an appointment opens up? I'm sorry, I had my first appt at 8 weeks (found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks) and it was a horribly long 4 week wait. Hang in there, and definitely give them a call!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have to wait so long. Unfortunately It depends on the Drs office. With my first two the dr didn't see me until close to 10 weeks. I have a new Dr this baby and they saw me at 7w for a dating US. I don't think it would hurt to give them a call and see if they can squeeze you in sooner. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ohh I couldn't wait that long. I'm in New Zealand. I found out yesterday july 21st and I have my first midwife app and scan on Monday 25th July!
    I guess everywhere is different though.
  • Options
    It depends on doctor mine and many drs in my area wont see you until ur in btween 10 and 13 weeks then do every four weeks after that