Trying to Get Pregnant

Planning around vacation

My husband and I are on our 2nd month ttc and I don't think it happened this month. If we were to get pregnant next month it would put me right at 8 weeks for a trip we have planned to Greece. I hear that is often the peak of fatigue and morning sickness, so I'm wondering if we should skip next month to avoid that. 

We're both frequent travelers and do a few international trips a year, so it is not being out of the country that would be of concern, just feeling so miserable that I don't enjoy it. 

Any experiences or thoughts?

Re: Planning around vacation

• Not everyone experiences those symptoms, but it makes sense that you're considering these things. If you're concerned about the possibility, maybe take the month off to be safe, but if you're charting and such, continue to do so. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I mean, intro on the newbie thread and get to know us better, but I still wouldn't have wanted to be pregnant when I was in Greece. So my vote is to abstain. 
  • Welcome! As other have said, make sure to post an introduction on the newbie thread.
    As for TTC, it's so hard to know how long it will take or what symptoms you will have during first trimester.  (*TW---FWIW, I did not have any major symptoms during first tri, so you may be forntunate not to experience morning sickness or fatigue, etc.  end TW*).
    GL!
  • It's a gamble either way.  *TW* I entertained a similar debate before trying for my son.  We were considering booking a trip to Morocco and I wasn't sure if I'd be pregnant or not.  We went thinking I might not be pregnant in three months but kept trying anyway b/c if IF ended up being an issue (it wasn't), then I wanted that one year clock started ASAP.  So I went to Morocco at the end of my first tri (doctor approved) and my MS which was mild at home got much worse.  I couldn't eat fresh veg b/c there were no guarantees they were washed in clean water, my main aversion was to grilled meats and that's a major part of their menu, etc.  The only time I threw up was after a winding car ride through the Atlas Mountains.  I guess I'm glad I went, but I wish I had enjoyed those experiences while not pregnant. *end TW*

As the other ladies have said, only you can decide what is more important to you and what level of discomfort you are willing to deal with.