February 2018 Moms

Plus Size Moms

2»

Re: Plus Size Moms

• @clc515 my clothes are the same i am in leggings or jeggings i do have a pair of shorts that i called my nig girl shorts bc i had lost about 10 prior to getting prego that i live in at moment. DH wants to take me shoppi g but i am at that awkward atage that if you dont know i am pregnant you would assume i just gained weight. Plus i know once i go and by some i will start to show more and need more after that. My biggeat concern is bras i mean before i had my son 8 yrs ago i was 38c got prego went to 38dd afterwards i dropped to 38d and now i feel like everytime i bend over i pop out. Its rediculas
  • So far so good they cant pinpoint my due date so i go back and forth on this board and jans. Went to the regukar dr and he was like overly surprised that i hadnet gained any weight and tomorrow i will be about 13 wks. Like they tild me to watch weight gain and baby loves healthy food so why does he have to make me so self conscious. I wish my ob was a regukar dr. Plus now i have to take vitamin b 12 pills
  • Loading the player...
  • clc515clc515 member
    I'm with you, @mommaSG  - I pop between Jan/Feb boards because I'm due 1-Feb but doc made a comment about "we'll see if you even make it that far" lol. Yay for not gaining weight! I really think some doctors / people need a lesson in bedside manner.

I have my next appointment tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. I've been watching the scale and I'm staying within the same 3 lbs depending on time of day, so hopefully I'll get good feedback from the doc. I know I could be eating healthier, but there's so little that I want to eat or that stay's down. I'm really hoping the MS goes away totally soon!
  • @clc515 ms for me was horrible but the last week i have finally ate food. I know my mom had it til she was 17 wks thank god mine is almost gone i get more headaches then anything now but cant go near ground beef. Its nice to have another mom that goes on both boards. We are discussing c sectiin sense i had one with DS so if i do choose it then i will be jan26th. Whats hard for me is the cravi gs like the last few weks i wanted cake so today i made red velvet cupcakes and have had 2 already
  • clc515clc515 member
    @mommaSG Yeah I've heard to ask how your mom's pregnancy was to see how yours would be. But my mom's like, yeah I barely got sick and only a little heartburn. I wish that were the case with me lol! My immediate reaction to red velvet cake was intellectually "OMG YUM" but my body was like.... mmm bagel lol!  

At what point do you discuss C-sections w/ your doc in general? I'm guessing since you had one before, it's probably discussed sooner. I haven't talked to my doc about birth plans, or even thought that much about it yet. Is it weird that if I did have to have to have one and could choose, I'd probably make it my (dearly departed) dad's bday 1/25. 
  • @clc515 yes because i had one with my son as an emergency one. We just touched base one it 2 weeks ago because she asked if i thought about it. My thing is i knew my son was going to be one and they forced me to try natural and it was an induced labor with 17 hrs following that so i want to skip it. I know what the risks are with the c section and stitchs in the who ha scare me.  She saod we will discuss it further the longer i get and that typically they do those about a week before due date so that you dont go into labor. 
  • Thanks for the tip! Yeah I got an XL pair of work pants from Destination Maternity to wear for a conference as an emergency pair, they were a little tight in the thighs but were ok for the near future -- I'll have to look at 1X's later in the pregnancy I think! Also if you buy from them online they'll let you return for free in the store, which is good to know!
  • @clc515 I've been very lucky to avoid morning sickness and major fatigue (but have faced major hunger), so have felt good enough for walking, prenatal yoga (got some videos and plan on joining an actual class soon), and swimming. I jogged a bit pre-pregnancy, but have been getting side stitches really easily from that since getting pregnant for whatever reason, so have stuck mostly to walking instead.
  • I totally want to say that MS has gone away cuz I'm halfway into week 14... not so much! Uuuugh. I have to start walking again though, as I realize just how lazy and stiff I've become. 

So I got 1x cropped jeans from motherhood maternity and they're a bit loose but I'm thinking w/ a bigger bump later I'll be very happy in them. Got some XL leggings too and they're snug and I hope I can still wear them later. Since I'm short, I get the cropped stuff and they end up exactly at my ankles haha. I'm not loving their shirts as much though, going to return 2. 
    alemarie1
  • I hear you with the lack of energy to exercise ... I bought some more items from Motherhood because it was b2g1, I can't wait to start to wearing my maternity clothes. 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Anyone has recommendations on bump support bands that work/fit? Not just the bands to cover your buttons, but actual support. I was a size 16 prior to pregnancy and haven't changed yet size wise. I can tell my back is going to hurt at some point during this pregnancy because I carry my weight in my stomach. 
  • Hey ladies! Any one else have their doctor reccomend low carbing it? Not cut out carbs but just cut back??
  • @sunday6711 My doctor did with my last pregnancy.  She said to "make my carbs count"--so I ate whole grain and cut out white bread/pasta.  That is all she really suggested at the time! 
  • Okay! How did that go? Carbs seem to be all i want!!! But going to try and eat right for baby. 
  • @sunday6711 It got easier as the pregnancy progressed. At first, I was like you--only wanting carbs bc it was comfort food, basically. But once I started feeling better and slowly eating healthier, it was easy. My dr really focused on portions and getting plenty of veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains. Carbs are sneaky though--there are so many foods that have them, besides bread and pasta! 
  • ^^I'm with you, I feel like there are some days that I only eat carbs. That would be really challenging for me (but probably beneficial)
  • im a FTM and before i found out i was pregnant my weight was yoyoing all over. I was 234 pre- pregnancy. I have lost 10lbs since then and it seems the scale keeps getting smaller and smaller. Im not mad it lol I have lots of food aversion, eggs, fish, generally everything.One whiff and #puke I prob eat twice a day (very small portions) when it is food, but watermelon and cantaloupes has been by BFF through the weeks.

One of the things that always worried me as I had a MC two years ago, is that uncertainty. I started out with a belly so not being able to "really" see my bump grow was the frustrating part. I had moments where i didn't feel pregnant and worried that something may have happened. My midwife did point out my weight but it was more of concerns than fat shaming. They say that i can't gain more than 20lbs throughout this pregnancy and if i gained weight they wanted it to be all baby weight. Luckily, the food aversion have been helping me keep my weight down. I do miss foods though lol Subway and Jimmy Johns subs, miss salads from Chick-fil-a and Zxabys oh and Starbucks lattes and Frapps.

I am now 15wks 2day today and i can say my belly is starting to show lol My next OB visit is next week and US is on 9/15 (last one was 8/5) cant believe they made me wait 6swks to see my nugget. Im glad i found this discussion. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

• @babyjjl2018 watermelon and canteloupe were like the only things i could ear earlier on! I threw up almost every day but that seems to have calmed down in my 2nd tri. Strangely, my body almost exclusively rejects anything with a lot of garlic! And i love garlic :-( Still dont want most foods too, so my weight hasnt changed in 17 weeks!

• @babyj090910 I'm in the same boat. I've lost about 10lbs and still have no appetite. I was also pretty sternly told not to gain more than 10-15 lbs total. So losing 10 certainly will help that cause.  Right now I'm still in all my regular clothes for work. I have a small worry that one day I'll just pop a bit and be in between sizes. I have bought full panel dress pants for work but it's a jump to go from normal clothes to full panel maternity.  My work is pretty conservative/formal so I don't have dresses.  

Anyone else waking up in the middle of the night to pee?
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @clc515i know the feeling. Had some garlic texas toast and literally ate a fe bites before i turned it away. Noe that i am in my 2nd trimester im able to eat a but more but still rather eat fruits lol Which i need to stock up on! Its expensive buying those things every other day!

@Megzb510 YESSS omg i swear i get up at least 3-4 in the night to pee. Luckily im still able still get some rest even with the interruptions. I try to stop drinking any liquids by 8pm

Megzb510
  • So I learned something this week... Skinny jeans/pants are basically just leggings on me lol. (I usually order boot cut but figured I'd try something new.) I ordered a pair of skinny pants from Motherhood and a pair of skinny jeans from Target. Both are actually comfy, but definitely may as well be leggings! Also, the crossover panel jeggings from Target are pretty comfortable, even for a plus size girl! 
    alemarie1babyjjl2018babymakes9
  • I am 18 weeks 4 days and THINK I can feel baby every so often? What about you ladies?
  • It's hard for me to tell if I am or not  :s I'm 18 and 4 too, are you 02/20 due date? 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Yes i am! How cool! 
  • Anyone else dealing with plus size discrimination? For example, today alone both ultrasound tech and doctor asked me how my blood pressure and sugar levels were... It pissed me off... Don't judge a book by its cover, just because I'm overweight doesn't mean I eat junk everyday and doesn't mean I have diabetes/hbb. I know its more common in plus size pregnancies, but come on :s

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• @alemarie1  - yeah there is an assumption that i'll have high bp and GD.  I lost weight first tri and I was still 5 lbs under my starting weight at my last appt and they seemed surprised that I was still under.  At the anatomy scan, the MFM asked if I had GD in my last pregnancy.  It is just the assumption that being overweight = GD.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker