February 2018 Moms

Breast milk Jewlery

um. This is a thing? Since when? Someone just posted on my FB about it. Enlighten me. Please. 

Re: Breast milk Jewlery

• It's not a new thing. I know mamas from my N/D14 boards that had breast milk jewelry made. It's been a thing for at least a few years. I'll likely have something made before the next baby weans. I've really enjoyed breastfeeding all of my kids, and after a cumulative 105+ months of breastfeeding, I'd want to commemorate it. I'm sentimental like that.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• It's not new. I know some people think it's a little weird. I love it and I hope to have some made.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sacred legacy arts has a great breast milk/DNA jewelry line
  • I used to think it was odd until I breastfed myself. Breastfeeding is hard! And I think it's nice to be reminded of that in a sentimental way. 

Now if you are making earrings out of the umbilical cord stumps...I would definitely side eye the shit out of that. 
  • I used to think it was odd until I breastfed myself. Breastfeeding is hard! And I think it's nice to be reminded of that in a sentimental way. 

Now if you are making earrings out of the umbilical cord stumps...I would definitely side eye the shit out of that. 
    @meatball37 Same! It's hard as hell. I struggled so much in the first two months of nursing DD. Now we're going on 18 months! 

@soulcupcake WOW! 105 consecutive months?!  That's amazing!!! What an achievement. You should definitely have something made! 
  • Interesting. This wasn't a thing back in 2010 and 2011 when I had my babies. Any idea how they make it? 
  • ashhsaashhsa member
    I know some people who have had the beads made- not sure how they do it, but I totally agree that I thought it was gross- until I finished breastfeeding my DD now I totally understand why someone would want to comemeorate that bond/journey- especially as your child won't remember it, but you will. I however am also just happy with my half a million breastfeeding selfies to remember the journey, lmao! 
  • What exactly is it? Jewelry with your breastmilk in it?
  • Yeah they can make a stone out of it. I've seen necklaces and rings most frequently. 

• Has anyone tried one of those DIY kits from Amazon? They are much more affordable and this idea sounds so sweet to me! 

Buy the bigger companies seem to have really beautiful, if even expensive, designs. 
  • @itsrandiyo I haven't heard of those! I wonder how it works. I was just looking at different designs to find that example I posted and saw this BEAUTIFUL ring. Then I saw the price...$700!!!!!!!  :#

• I know of a lady on Etsy who makes the most BEAUTIFUL pieces and is really sweet (her and I are in the same handmade forums)
  • @BrandedCowgirl92 I just PMed you to ask for the name!
  • I secretly hope my husband gets a piece of breastmilk jewelry for me. I've been nursing since Feb 15.
  • @BrandedCowgirl92 I just PMed you to ask for the name!
    I'm not even sure how to get to PMs!

https://jobribreastmilkjewelry.com/