March 2018 Moms
Options

Let's talk morning sickness...

2»

Re: Let's talk morning sickness...

• Options
    @lfinley87 @mdfarmchick That's me with my Coca Cola (which is ok because not healthy) and raspberry lemonade (not so ok because what's left to drink?!  :( Water is not cutting it.... 
  • Options
    6 pregnancies - 0 morning sickness 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still waiting for it to hit! (And hoping it doesn't!)
    with DS it was morning sickness from week 4 almost through 6 months...
    Nothing specific helped me...
    really depended on the day 
  • Options
    @lfinley87 ah that is so amazing to know! I will get some after work today! Thank you!!! :)
  • Options
    @garnetmama when you say breakfast shakes, do you mean like those breakfast essentials? or do you make your own?
  • Options
    I've started carrying around sour patch kids everywhere I go. Theres something about the sour candy that really helps my nausea.
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv my problem is that coffee sounds awful and makes me feel sick just thinking about it, but if the Coke is more flat, it sounds and is sooo good! I want all of the decaf raspberry tea too. Water for me has to be exactly the right mix of cold/iced. Otherwise it just makes me feel worse. I'm thinking about trying some fruit infused water and seeing if that tastes better. 
  • Options
    I had flat Dr Pepper the other day and it WAS awesome. So weird! @mdfarmchick
  • Options
    I've started carrying around sour patch kids everywhere I go. Theres something about the sour candy that really helps my nausea.
    Jolly Ranchers helped me when I was pregnant with DS. 
    **DD - Jan 2011**   **DS - March 2013**
    **3 losses - April 2012, Nov 2014, and July 2017**

• Options
    @garnetmama when you say breakfast shakes, do you mean like those breakfast essentials? or do you make your own?
    I tried all different kinds but I found the Special K ones I was able to stomach the best... only the vanilla kind though as my husband quickly learned when he came home one day with cappuccino flavored ones!
  • Options
    Morning sickness has had me bed ridden all day. I tried eating and staying hydrated but nothing is helping. All food is off putting at the moment. 
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    Ginger ale seems to help me. Last time, I joked that about 10 pounds of my weight gain was from ginger ale. lol
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817 that's what I've been drinking all day. 
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    Blah it's really starting today for me, I think the oppressive weather kicked it into high gear. Mines mainly afternoon and evening like I'm lying in bed just feeling so gross. It's nothing near what some women get by I defitinely never had this before. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    What are some things that you guys are craving? I need ideas for foods I can eat. I had mashed potatoes with cheese and sour cream, and steak and black bean soup with jalapeños and it was all glorious! I want all the spicy soups right now, even with how sick I'm feeling. 
  • Options
    Avocados. Watermelon. Carrots. Cucumbers. Tomatoes. Pasta. @babybluu
  • Options
    It constantly amazes me how different each pregnancy can be. All three of mine have brought something different, and this time I have MS that wakes me up at night :tired_face: When I was pregnant with my first, one of my friends told me that she kept crackers by her bed to help with the MS waves at night and in the morning, but I've never had to do that. So far I've just been forcing myself back to sleep, but last night I nearly threw up in bed, so I think I need a new game plan. Does anyone have the MOTN MS issue?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LiveNLove44 I did last time... I kept a box of cheerios and a bowl by my bed in case I suddenly felt sick. It is no fun. Even if I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't feel nauseous, I would still eat a handful so that my stomach didn't get too empty while I slept. 
  • Options
    6 pregnancies - 0 morning sickness 
    I really wish this was me!
    Last week I was thinking how mild the nausea was. I shouldn't have thought that. I'm currently eating Jolly Ranchers, Smarties, (basically living off of sugar and food coloring lol) and fizzy water. Zofran is not working. It takes the edge off for a couple of hours and then I'm miserable again. I lost about 17 pounds in the first trimester with my daughter due to vomiting. This is as bad as it was with her so maybe this one is girl. I had it with the boys, but the Zofran worked.   

I have my Young Living oils starter kit. Does anyone know of an anti-nausea recipe? TIA. 
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I had to keep granola bars by my bed. I literally could not even move in the morning except to grab one and eat it, or else I was extremely sick the entire day. I'd have to lay in bed totally still and eat the granola bar and wait for it to digest. 
  • Options
    Anyone taking b6+unisom? I just started last night because I'm almost out of the zofran I got from my last pregnancy and I don't know when I'll be able to see the doctor to get more :( I can't remember how well this works 
  • Options
    @LiveNLove44 yes. I had it with DS and expect it in the next few weeks here too. Keeping food by the bed and mints is how I deal. 
  • Options
    @babybluu Yes, I'm taking it. I think?? it helps.. I'm afraid to not take it because I already don't feel well so I can't imagine how I would feel without it. 
  • Options
    @crossfitbabybump - also check out Tummy Drops, I got them from Amazon and prefer them over the preggie pops (even though they're a bit more expensive).
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I took a full unisom and b6 last night and was out the entire night lol. I took half this morning and so far feel pretty good. Of course that has me nervous. I hate morning sickness and hate not having it. 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow ah! Me too! Sour patch kids...constantly LOL