March 2018 Moms

FFFC 6/30

Confess ladies!

(Not guaranteed to be flame free)

Re: FFFC 6/30

• My husband gave me this big speech about how much he learned with our first, and how he is now confident and will be able to help with this upcoming baby more than he did the first time around. 
    That same night I had been dealing with intense 'morning sickness' in the middle of the night. When my daughter woke up early (usually just needs a diaper change and to be laid back down) he asked if I could do it because ' I was already awake'. 

Yeah... I see him helping out so much more! Lol! 

He is actually extremely helpful, just takes a hurricane to get him out of bed and I'm a light sleeper. I end up taking most of the night shifts, which stinks, but mainly because I'm jealous of his sleeping abilities! 
  • Loading the player...
  • My 8 month old was crying last night for the gagillionth time around 3am and I just laid in bed pretending I didn't hear until my heavy sleeping dh woke up and got him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I totally am friends with some people on FB just to be entertained by their constant drama and to creep on them. 
    Yupppp. I want to trim my list but what would entertain me?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I feel like I'm the only person who has absolutely no desire to watch Orange is the New Black.

I also have never seen an episode of Scandal. 

• @mylovelittlelove still peeing on all the sticks...but not planning on buying anymore when I'm out of this last box.

While we don't have a baby - we do have a puppy who need to go out early in the AM (and one of us has to get my PIO injection ready) - I've been pretending to sleep through my alarm so DH gets up and deals with it. If have to get stuck twice a day - he can get it ready right?
  • @missydallas twice a day?? I'm miserable with once a day!

@scoogy19 maternity clothes are everything! Don't fight the urge.
  • @scoogy19 I will never understand why one of my friends fights shifting to maternity clothes for so long. She and I have been pregnant at the same time for each of our pregnancies, and I jump into my wardrobe early and bask in the stretchy waistbands while she suffers through tight-fitting jean tops that dig into her belly by the end of the day. No thanks! I'll take my elastic waistbands as early as I can! :smiley:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes! I am all about the maternity clothes! I plan on busting out my wordrobe soon :smile: the first time I was due in July so most of my summer stuff is for a big big belly, but it will be nice to have baggy clothes for my blump. 
  • My maternity clothes tub already got moved so it's easily accessible. Bring on the stretchy pants.

• @heatherdubrow - my booty's got quite a few lumps :lol:
  • I feel like I'm the only person who has absolutely no desire to watch Orange is the New Black.

I also have never seen an episode of Scandal. 
    I've also never seen Scandal (despite my friends telling me for years that I HAVE to watch it). I dunno, just not my thing.

I got into OITNB for a season or two but it really fizzled out for me. You're not missing much.
  • @mdfarmchick hgtv is all that's on in my house. And tlc. Currently watching lakefront bargain hunt.

• Don't tell my DD, but I just ate the last bag of Pirates Booty. I can't decide if I'm going to use it as an opportunity to say, "Whoever has the gold makes the rules," or just blame it on her dad and avoid the toddler fury altogether. Nap time = mom gets to eat without having to share with two little birdies

• I don't watch half of the shows that people get all excited about because let's be real, if it's not on HGTV or Disney Jr we probably aren't watching it. I do love The Crown but you really have to pay attention to it and so I'm behind on my episodes.
    Ditto. If our TV is on, Bubble Guppies or Paw Patrol have center stage. We learned a few weeks ago that it's best to not have it randomly on in the background... Amy Schumer was on Family Feud in the late afternoon, and I was bringing kids in from outside, DH was prepping dinner, and of course, the words, "small penis" came flying out of Amy's mouth. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY?! Come on. So my daughter was under the impression that we don't talk about people's privates in public, and then Amy kind of ruined that for us. Thanks, Amy.

• @LiveNLove44 wow. Amy Schumer is just kind of equal parts gross and annoying to me. Who invited her to a show with family in the title?
  • @LiveNLove44 wow. Amy Schumer is just kind of equal parts gross and annoying to me. Who invited her to a show with family in the title?
    Agreed. I feel like she tries too much.

• Add me to this super-exclusive club!