January 2018 Moms

Deals and Steals!

Re: Deals and Steals!

• @trudytudy I'd say it probably depends on the target.  We participated in the last one, and there was just a giant box at the front of the store that we threw ours in, and then we had to go over to the customer service area to ask for the coupon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Target is having a nursery furniture gift card deal. Spend $200 on select nursery furniture, get a $40 gift card. Looks like they're also doing 15% off some cribs.
  • @missblaze thanks for the heads up on the amazon sale. I just ordered an infant carrier I had been looking at for $63.  When you have your first you don't take much consideration to adding additional car seats. This one should be more narrow than my first infant carrier. I have been thinking about how to safely and conveniently get around with three kids age 4 and under. 
  • @lmmjd our Target has it too. Wooh!

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Target is also doing a gift card with the purchase of a Motorola monitor and ergo carriers. 
    https://www.target.com/c/baby-sale/-/N-558or?lnk=BABYSALE
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •  I took in an expired car seat base to target last night and the manager reluctantly gave me the 20% off coupon.  She hem hawed a little bit since it was only a base.  They didn't have the infant carrier I wanted there because they don't carry a lot of inventory in the store so I came home to buy online.   I was getting the graco snug ride 30.  I wanted to also purchase the snug rider elite car seat carrier stroller  The coupon would not honor both of them so I took it out of my cart.  When I got to the checkout it was not ringing up 20% off the seat.  It was populating some other number that was less than 20%.  They were shorting me $1.37. So I called them bc I thought it was crazy their point of sales system couldn't properly calculate the discount.  After a 30 minute phone call with target service reps they just said it was an error and refunded me five dollars.  Be on the lookout for that scandal. I'm convinced it's a Target conspiracy to nickel and dime their customers! 
  • @trudytudy thanks for the warning. I was considering doing the trade in, but I wasn't sure if you had to buy their new car seat the same week as the trade in promotion, or if I could wait till closer to my do date. Do you know if the coupon had an expiration date? 
  • @steph30032 the coupon said it was for in store or online and expires October 7th I think or maybe the 10th. I could look at the coupon if you want. The rep on the phone said it was for in store only. And I said no way lady. Clearly states online too. Moral of the story, double check your math when you ring up.  You could buy before the expiration and return within their timeframe. Just keep your receipt, I've been burnt by their return policy before too. 
  • Not sure if this was mentioned already, but Amazon has a September sale going on where baby gear is 20% or more off select items. The car seat I want is $42 off! 
  • Babies R Us has a car seat sale going on now through Oct 1...25% off car seats. I think it might be for online only but you'll also get free shipping
  • Gift certificates!
    My doctor's office is handing these things out like stickers at the pediatrician's. If you'd like one, let me know and I'll PM you the code. Looks like they're all for product only, not applicable to shipping charges.

Car Seat Canopy $50 (5)
    Belly Button Band $40 (2)
    Breast Pads $35 (5)
    Udder Covers $35 (5)
    Seven Slings $40 (5)
    Nursing Pillows $40 (5)
    Pregnancy Pillows $50 (3)
    Baby Leggings $50 (5)
    Hooded Towels $35 (3)
    Custom Pacifiers $30 (3)
    Ruffle Bums $60 (3)
    Hot Hips $60 (3)
    Babsy Books $40 (2)
    Eskimo Kids $35 (1)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @bainidhedub I bought one of the udder covers and maybe the breast pads with my first baby. The quality was kind of terrible. I wouldn't recommend these, the promotion was kind of gimmicky at the time and when I got the product I was like oh.... this stuff is crummy. 
  • @bainidhedub how does it work? I'd give pregnancy pillow a try, I'm miserably uncomfortable and haven't bought one yet.
  • bainidhedubbainidhedub member
    edited October 2017
    @trudytudy  I mean they're basically handing them out for free, I wouldn't expect anything amazing. I got the baby leggings last time.
    @auntieraindrop There's just a promo code on the back of each card. I'll send you one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Free shipping on online orders from Motherhood Maternity today!
  • Babies R Us has 15% off all regularly priced baby items... but then they have a laundry list of excluded brands. May be worth checking out. Ends today and the code is SAVE15
  • Graco Baby website is doing 30% off of playards right now. All of them are 30% with their coupon code.
  • They also have an extra 10% off of their current sale items. 
  • So it’s not exactly a “deal” but has anyone heard of Rhea Lana’s? I guess it’s a company that does massive children’s consignment sales around the country, usually in the spring and fall. I’ve been looking for something like this for years and am so excited I finally found one. I’m pretty sure there is one in Little Rock coming up, and I’m going to the one in Arizona next weekend. I’ll attach their Facebook link. You can go to their upcoming events and search to see if there are any near you, or probably even just message their main page and ask. It seems like they have the main company page, and then separate Facebook pages for the various locations, so I follow both to make sure I don’t miss a sale. Pregnant moms get to shop a day earlier than the public if you get a (free) ticket. 

https://www.facebook.com/RheaLanas/
  • @steph30032 I have shopped and consigned at a similar sale called Kids Closet Connection. You can find some great 2nd hand stuff. Make sure you get there early to get best deals and selections. Also watch for the half price day on the last day, you can get some stuff cheap but it's likely pretty picked over by then. Also watch out for quality and make sure you check prices. Some consigning people think a used t shirt should sell for $5. Not a good deal when you can by new for that when you get a sale or coupon at target, etc. I've bought a lot of baby gear and clothes for my kids there. Just know some people don't take pride in their stuff, they are just trying to make money. I've seen a lady consign there that doesn't even have kids. She just goes to thrift stores and garage sales then consigns to make a profit, (and the stuff she brings is almost garbage). Otherwise take advantage of the good bargains! The general rule is 2nd hand should sell for about 50% of retail. You can also bleach soak fabric items to disinfect. If you dilute properly it won't fade the color. 
  • Amazon had a rock n play on sale for $41.59 right now. Seriously one of the best things we had for DS.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Auto-Rock-Sleeper-Stone/dp/B00NEO5UTU

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ollydolly I would like those in adult sizing. Haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • supercoolstephy me too. I would totally rock these with a black tank and hoop earrings. So cute. 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Thanks for sharing @steph30032, I'm gonna do everything in my power to make it to the Mess one. I'm looking for NB winter clothes and a swing. 
  • Motherhood has nursing camis on sale with an additional 40% off. I snagged a couple for $8.98 each. 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • @Eags how do these fit or how should I order?  FTM so I don't know if I should order up or back to normal size?  I already have a large chest so I feel like it will be ginormous when breastfeeding....
  • @conineml gah, I hate bumping mobile, I didn't see you tagged me. I just got one of mine in. I got a large (was a med/lean large pre-preg, 34DD pre and around 34 DDD now). The large looks like it will fit my chest but may be a touch shorter in length than I like, but I also like super long camis so most people would probably be happy with it guess. Just watch their website every week or so, it seems like they've always got stuff on super clearance!
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • @Eags I totally ordered them anyway lol I live in camis so it was a must.  I haven't tried them on yet but I did get a couple in the mail yesterday.  I think I went Lg or Lg/XL  Hopefully they fit!  I get nervous with maternity because everyone said buy what you would wear not pregnant and all my pants are huge...like ridiculously sagging while walking look like a penguin waddling and I know I'm not to the waddle phase yet!  
  • @conineml Big is probably good for a while pp! I wished I had bought larger nursing tanks because you stay pretty big for a bit after giving birth. Plus once your milk comes in it takes a while for your boobs to get it together and you definitely won't want a super tight shirt on!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • https://www.facebook.com/TheBump/posts/10155365064047961 

This is amazons list of Black Friday deals for baby gear! 
  • Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker