December 2017 Moms

What's for Dinner?

I need some ideas. Help plz!

Me: 29  DH: 31
Married 10/13/12
TTC Since 8/2016

Re: What's for Dinner?

• Spaghetti and homemade meatballs! Although I may end.  Up making meat sauce instead of meatballs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Burritos smothered in enchilada sauce. Yum. Although I'll be having a taco salad because GD. Sigh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Linguini with clam sauce (I know it's not for everyone, DH gags when I make it). Tomorrow is slow-cooker taco soup day! With a side of honey-jalapeno-cheddar cornbread muffins. I already want it to be tomorrow.....
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• jlemons-2 I think taco salad actually sounds DELICIOUS! But I know it has to suck having to have it instead of wanting to. 

djd0404 Do you happen to have a recipe for those honey jalapeno cornbread muffins? They sound so good!

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Chicken tacos in the crockpot. So easy and a toddler hit.
  • @flowerpower5838 Absolutely! https://damndelicious.net/2014/02/08/jalapeno-cornbread-muffins/

The recipe has you make the mix from scratch, but I'm super-duper lazy so I sub boxed corn muffin mix (Krusteaz never fails) for all the dry ingredients and just add the cheese, honey, and peppers. Also, the recipe doesn't mention an extra jalapeno to top the muffins with cute slices like they show in the picture, so I always grab an extra one, and "affix" them with a swirl of honey on top.

I brought a dozen to work one morning thinking they'd make good lunch-time snacks for people but they were all gone by 9am.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• FakeFinnFakeFinn member
    edited June 2017
    Pizza with a big side salad. 

ETA: The Bump ate the other half of my post! Yesterday I made chorizo (pan fried) with onion, zucchini, chick peas and lentils. It was a new recipe and tasted pretty good. I was happy with the large amount of vegetables in it. I'd be careful if you're prone to heartburn though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I made salmon and wild rice with a side of vegetables last night. Going to have the leftovers today.
  • @peachy13 I love that you put your OJ in a wine glass
  • Last night I made lazy lasagna, which is tortellini, layered with tomato sauce and mozza on top. I added layers of zucchini to add some veg. It was no true lasagna, but it was quick and easy and did the trick!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Fish tacos tonight!  We were going to make them last night but I ended up having a random bad nausea day and we had baked potatoes instead.  

I normally hate seafood (except sushi and crabcakes) but we were at the coast last week and now for some reason I can't get enough.  My dad tried to tell me I couldn't eat tilapia while pregnant and I laughed in his face.  
  • Cheese tortellini with chicken, artichokes, and mushroom in a creamy onion sauce. 
    Me: 37, Hubs: 41, Furbaby: Gizmo
    11/2011: dx with Stage 1 Thyroid Cancer 03/2012: dx with Endometriosis

March 2017 IVF - Lil Jedi due 12/06/2017

• We're doing a Hello Fresh box this week so I don't have to think about it!

I don't have any more free boxes, but I can send coupon codes if anyone wants to try it! I have $40 off to Hello fresh and 3 free meals at Sunbasket codes (I think that amounts to $35 off). 

HelloFresh: https://www.hellofresh.com/?c=Q9WQKM
    Sunbasket: https://sunbasket.com/3free/Caitlin91100

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Craving eggplant parm really bad, second weekend in a row where that is what I wanted. This will happen.
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited June 2017
    I have no idea what order we'll be eating this in, but our dinner agenda for the next couple days is:

Mutter paneer
    Palak paneer
    Chana masala
    Butter chicken 
    Thai peanut chicken 
    Saffron rice with black beans, corn, and kielbasa
    Sweet cheese pierogies with peas
    Chili (and I'll probably steal that cornbread recipe!)
    Pulled pork sandwiches with... Something, lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Man, y'all are killing me here! My motivation has been severely lacking lately and my poor family has been dealing with frozen skillet meals and more takeout than normal. By the time I get home from work I just want to chill!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited June 2017
    @ktlee80 That sounds delicious!

@thatlauragirl DH and I will sometimes go weeks at a time without cooking. It's a lot of work and when you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. I honestly don't understand how people enjoy cooking all the time.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Man, y'all are killing me here! My motivation has been severely lacking lately and my poor family has been dealing with frozen skillet meals and more takeout than normal. By the time I get home from work I just want to chill!
    We've been eating out far too often, that's why I am trying to pull some inspiration here and get motivated to at least go grocery shopping for future meals. Working, taking care of kid/s and/or growing a baby = no motivation to cook! For me anyway lol. 

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• KirssKirss member
    Salmon asparagus foil packets tonight. Earlier this week I made taco zucchini boats with black beans, and DD ate it up, more so the zucchini than the filling. 

@peachy13 Breakfast for dinner is always a hit! It's super easy and soo good! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @vvitchhazel Now I'm craving Indian food.
  • Yesterday I made salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. Hadn't had that in ages, and it was soo good. Will be having leftovers today!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @YodaIsGreen It's my favorite! We used to live a couple blocks away from an amazing Indian restaurant and I miss it so much. The grocery store here has a pretty huge international section, so I've been able to make do, at least! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Was supposed to be slow cooker fiesta chicken and rice but DD and I are both sick so we're snuggling while daddy grabs something to bring home to us. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You guys are inspiring me to cook more. I used to cook all the time, but I'm just so lazy now  :(. We had bdubs for dinner and it was amazing. 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm with my nanny kids all night - PIZZA AND NETFLIX PARTAAAAAYYYY!
  • Pizzaaaaaaa!!!! Now I'm craving it
  • We have decided to try to go vegetarian (no meat, dairy ok-so I guess lacto-vegetarian technically), so have been trying some new recipes!  My favorite one this week was Black Bean Enchiladas (recipe: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/myrecipes/recipe/black-bean-cheese-enchiladas?source=dam )

Super yummy and the sauce tastes like Taco Bell sauce to me lol.  You could definitely add shredded chicken or ground beef to the recipe if you do meat.  Plus it was super easy to make.
  • I made the slow cooker fiesta chicken and rice last night. Soooo good and easy. DD (23 months) ate an adult Portion. Win, win!
    Pregnancy Ticker