Trying to Get Pregnant

"This Is The Best!!" Thursday

Hello everyone!

I'm finding that today is pretty sucky so far, so I thought we could all say a couple things that are going really well for you, that you're excited for or something that you're just generally super happy and positive about!

I'll go first!

I just found out that my medical plan at work covers $15,000 worth of fertility drugs! 

Im going to the lake this weekend and it's supposed to be super nice out! And my cousin is coming and I never get to see her so yay! 

We're going out for wings tonight :) 

Alright everyone, your turn! 

Me: 27 DH: 27
Married: 04/05/15
TTC since: 02/16/16

Re: "This Is The Best!!" Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • @mamasaurus12415 game of thrones, odd mom out, suits :)
  • @doxiemoxie212 I love Odd Mom Out. And my last name is in Game of Thrones, though I've never watched it.  :)
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• @BertieMeetsGertie Leg presses, bridges, squats, lunges, and "butt cheekers" (idk the real name for them, but you get on all fours and lift one leg up behind you). 7 bottles!!!! Wow!
  • @rachelg777
     1) Is your username a Friends reference?

2) At the risk of sounding creepy - your off pelvic rest and your husband is coming home after 6 weeks? I think you know exactly what you're doing :p 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• I am SO looking forward to the weekend because we are going to the pool because it will actually be sunny! :o

I have mixed feelings on the Season finale of Dr. Who Saturday. I"m sad it's one of Capaldi's last episodes but I'm looking forward to seeing another episode with the Master and Missy in it. I wish we could see him regenerate into the new doctor! Christmas is so far away which is too long to wait imo. 

@beanship I think "butt cheekers" are donkey kicks. I don't think is the official name either though haha. 
    @BertieMeetsGertie ohhhhhh what kind of wine did you get? 

Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @darkstar42 That's great that you started a garden this year! I'm sure you'll love it, and you have to start somewhere :)
    We planted the greenhouse full of peppers in pots (we like to make hot sauce, so we need a lot - I think I planted 25 or so?), 20ish tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, summer squash and a bunch of eggplant. I'm planning on doing carrots, kale, maybe beets still today too. The problem is that I started everything so late and got it in the ground so late that I'm worried things won't mature before frost. Usually I'm much more on it, but this year I definitely dropped the ball.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @beanship thanks! I could really use some buns of steel!

@muggle621 all different kinds! A couple of white (seyval and Chardonnay), a couple reds (noubless rouge and Cabernet), a fizzy rose, a white dessert wine that's really interesting - they bake it on the roof and it gets this really nutty flavor, and a delicious port! 

@ksmalls we have a 24 bottle wine cabinet that we've been trying to fill. We have one more slot to fill!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @kiki75 was that an article that talked about Wil Wheaton's wife having ovarian torsion and it being missed for a few days? 

• kiki75kiki75 member
    @BertieMeetsGertie Bingo! It was so fortuitous! See pal, studies. He just doesn't get it because he's gone through life as a guy. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @BertieMeetsGertie The problem is when you drink them you always have to keep refilling... it is the best problem to have! 
  • kmallskmalls member
    @kiki75 was that an article that talked about Wil Wheaton's wife having ovarian torsion and it being missed for a few days? 
    It was missed for a few DAYS? Jesus. Ovarian torsion is absolute agony. I cannot even imagine being written off when suffering from this. 
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @kmalls "It's probably just kidney stones. Buzz off." Oh, oopsie, y'lost your ovary? To bad!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 @ksmalls because it was missed, the ovary died from jack of blood flow and couldn't be saved. That just balls regardless if you want more kids or not.

AFM: I had chronic appendicitis for at least a year. I had horrific pain (basically stayed in the fetal position) for 24 hours, then it would go away. It would cone back like 4-6 weeks later. Rinse and repeat. They thought it was gas (cone on, man), then they said maybe it's ovarian cysts, then it was something else. I'm sorry, but when a 20 something female comes in for abdominal pain, you should at least suspect appendicitis as a possibility! When they finally picked up on it and removed it, the surgeon said "wow, this looks like it was chronically inflamed." No shit, dude. 

• izza2izza2 member
    edited June 2017
    I had a male doctor who was notorious for telling me everything was in my head and okay and nothing was really wrong with me. I had chronic headaches for years and complained about my eyes not focusing when I did school work. He told me my headaches and eye problems were from drug withdrawals (because I was taking prescription  Naproxen 3 times a day, when I had been taking it 1 or 2 times a day and it wasn't taking away the headaches)...
    I got a female doctor, she told me to get my eyes checked by an eye doctor, and a prescription for glasses later I no longer have headaches... amazing!

Same thing happened to my mother. She's had chronic problems since having a quadruple bypass and her doctor used to just pile med after med after med on her. She kept feeling worse and worse, of course. She finally listened to me and switched to a female doctor I've worked with professionally, and she's being weaned off some meds and has gotten information for some alternative treatments to help her get her quality of life back. She feels a million times better.

There are some good male physicians out there (like my sleep doctor) but there is definitely a problem with caring for female patients when it comes to male doctors.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @BertieMeetsGertie I am so jealous of your wines, esp your fizzy Rose' (I'm rose' kick right now) and the rooftop  one! 
    Also, you had appendicitis for a year?!!! Did they ever do a CT on you and just say it was enlarged but not inflamed? My neighbor was in the hospital over the weekend and they told her that but now I'm wondering if they just missed it. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @muggle621 yup, I had it on and off for a year at least. When I went in the first few times, they did X-ray and ultrasound. It wasn't until the final time I went and a male PA diagnosed me. That's when they did the CT and took me to surgery. They had to do an open procedure instead of laparoscopic because instead of my appendix being completely on the right side, it was more midline. Thank god for that male PA taking his time on me. I have a soft spot for them anyway since my DH is one (and a very, very good one at that!).  :)

• @doxiemoxie212 If anything can make me ovulate, it's GoT.

@JennyColada GL at your interview!

I'm excited for a 5 day weekend and almost no plans during it! Getting some well-deserved me time!
  • @Aurora1973 Whaaaaat? That is so awesome! Glad you found out you could do that!
  • @madspunk We haven't picked one yet, but they are available on Amazon.   Apparently you can have them filled at a local Airgas.  I'm thinking a lot of farms use them for inseminating animals, and I know that chefs use them for nitrous desserts since one gave a review.  So we'll discuss tonight and probably order one.  It feels crazy that we're doing this, and I imagine we will have to store it someplace inconspicuous so we don't have to explain it to company, haha.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @Aurora1973 Lol. Yeah, I guess most people aren't storing sperm in their house. Though at least now you know if anyone stumbles upon it, you can claim it's for a nitrous dessert.