Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 6/29

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Stolen from TWW... What are three things that you have in common with your SO?

Re: WTO Thursday 6/29

• Month/Cycle: 4/4 3AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT CM PNV B6 HIO

R/R: MH just told me he will be out of town the week of FW this cycle. We might still be able to get some good timing in the weekend before though, so FX for that, but who knows.
    I'm eating a blueberry walnut muffin and drinking hot coffee right now and it's so so good.

CS/Q: No. 

GTKY: Stolen from TWW... What are three things that you have in common with your SO?
    1. We are both controllers when it comes to at home projects, so we always fight about the right way to do things. It's pretty funny usually because we are both super aware of it, but also annoying at times!
    2. We would both rather stay in (cook at home, stay in date night) than go out.
    3. We are both very enthusiastic about 90s rap and R&B.

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, CM

R/R: One more long work day then we head on a mini-vacay tomorrow afternoon! I feel like the little engine that could. 

CS/Q: I guess not really a question but I'm super frustrated yet glad that I'm doing OPKs still this cycle because while my CM says "Hey, HIO because you're super fertile right now!" my OPKs say "Naw bitch". I think I'll trust the OPKs more for now. I'm either going to have a longer cycle or learn that my LP length is shorter than I thought.

1) We both like nerdy movies/books (LOTR, Harry Potter, Marvel)
    2) We're both extroverted introverts. I love that he totally gets my need to leave events early. It doesn't mean I didn't have fun, I just need quiet time. 
    3) We both dog people. We totally bring our dog with us everywhere that allows it. It's how we picked our favorite going out places. 

@kbamomma33 How was your birthday? Sorry your H will be out of town for FW :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbamomma33 FX on catching your FW this weekend!

@SkilledSailor we are the same with our dog too. It makes me so happy when I don't have to leave those sad eyes behind. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: DH is working a night shift tonight, so I get to catch up on a couple of my "chick shows" lol, and get "all the bed" for a few hours too. :)

CS/Q:

GTKY: What are three things that you have in common with your SO? 
    1 - We are both enjoy doing home projects. Probably thrills me a little more than it pleases him, but so much fun. 
    2 - We are both extremely stubborn. Which can be slightly problematic at times. But we have learned to communicate about this when needed. 
    3 - We both have a love for animals and the out doors. Going on hikes and back country camping is big on our list. 

• Good morning ladies! AF decided to come for a visit, so I'm over here now. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7 (3/3 ALs)

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: PNV, lots later.

Rant: I let myself get my hopes up, like a dummy.
    Rave: At least I don't have to be on a BMB with that........... woman. Silver linings folks, silver linings.

CS/Q:

1) We are both home bodies - really happiest just being at home.
    2) We both love to read - it's actually what we first connected about, way back in 6th grade!
    3) We both accumulate stuff - he's a collector and I'm a crafter and with our powers combined we quickly overwhelm our practically non-existent storage in our house.
    --------------------------------
    @SkilledSailor Yay for vacations! Where are you going?
    @kbamomma33 Mmmmm, hot coffee and a blueberry muffin sound divine right now. A love for 90s rap and R&B is a wonderful thing to share. We were checking out the Mariah Carey Pandora station pretty hard last year, and taking some trips down memory lane at the stuff that it was playing :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Month/Cycle: 177777777

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: "Just trying to relax" That's going to work this time, right guys?!

R/R: TW: My sister texted me last night and was like "omg I'm pregnant" and I was like... for real? "I googled it. I've been super hungry and I gained weight!" Like girl... just no. 

CS/Q:

1) We both love random dance parties in the kitchen. 
    2) We love taking long drives. 
    3) Our families are super important to us. We would do anything for them. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• petethecatpetethecat member
    edited June 2017
    @SkilledSailor It was good, thanks!  MH got a ton of really great sushi from my favorite place. We just chilled at home, had some good wine, ate cheesecake, and watched some of our shows. It was nice! This weekend we are going shopping so that I can pick out some new decor things for the house. 
    I love that you can take your dog out with you in your town! Our town has zero dog friendly places, but my dad lives in a tourist town that had a bunch of places like that. I always think it's so neat! I hope that your day goes quickly so that you can get on that vacay! 

@nitnat007 What shows are you into?

• Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 32

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, CM, CP, PNVs

R/R: Rant: Taking forever to O :(  I've always been irregular, but this is shaping up to be one of my longer cycles (at least post-BFing).  Rave: I didn't get a positive OPK this morning!  Lol, I know it sounds crazy and counter to my rant, but I was so sure with my luck that I'd see one as soon as DH had to go on work travel.  Crossing my fingers it waits until at least Saturday.  Also, *TW* we got to meet our newborn niece this week, so sweet! *end TW*

CS/Q: none

1) We love to travel and experience new places.
    2) We both grew up the oldest sibling of four.
    3) We both work in technical fields.

kbamomma33 - I love to be in charge of our home projects so I can get exactly what I want . . . until I'm not sure how to proceed, then I want DH to make the decisions so I won't be responsible for mucking things up o:)   He usually won't cave (and rightly so), but it'd sure be nice to have someone else know the "right" way to do something when I panic!
  • @hedgepig Aw, sorry for CD1 girl. Hugs. Ooh 90s pandora stations- 90s R&B is a great one, so is Bone Thugs (don't know if that's up your alley or not?), and there's a Quad City DJs Christmas channel that is hilarious!

@Dilynne omg your sister 

• @kbamomma33 I think MH listens to the Bone Thugs station... he's got a few old skool hip-hop stations that are on pretty regular rotation. I'll check out the other two... the Christmas station must be hilarious! We listen to an absurd amount of the 90's Pop station, so definitely enjoy those throwback jams.
    @nanilani04 Sorry about the long cycle, that must be so frustrating.
    @RVAmom515 I'd be impatient too!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig We're going to coastal NC to visit my family. Also, I love your silver linings. 

@Dilynne Oh man, your sister. Is she trying or just googling symptoms?

@kbamomma33 That sounds like a lovely evening! And yay for shopping this weekend! I wouldn't do well in towns that aren't super dog friendly. My parent's town is so dog friendly they don't even have leash laws. And all the stores have water bowls on the porch. It's adorable. 

@RVAmom315 That's sweet that you and your H are both close to your families! 
  • Thanks ladies!

@SkilledSailor she's definitely not trying. This would be unplanned. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• @kbamomma33 I really enjoy medical shows for some reason (although I am ultra queasy in real life) Greys, Chicago Med, etc. Scandal and I am waiting impatiently for Suits to start again!!

@RVAmom315 FX that they give you news early!

@Dilynne that just makes me laugh and shake my head. 

@hedgepig Sorry about AF. 
  • Month/Cycle: 11/9

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,pnv,hio

R/R:Mammogram appointment tomorrow and I`v been stressing over it because breast cancer runs on my mom`s side of the family.

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: Stolen from TWW... What are three things that you have in common with your SO? Gardening,rockhunting,hiking
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    Month/Cycle: 3/3 AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: blood, sweat, tears (but really just blood right now)

R/R: so I do this crazy thing with each new cycle. I figure out what the milestones will be if I get KU, and then I start to think crazy thoughts like oh obv it's meant to be because of these dates. In may, I'd enter my second trimester on my birthday so duh. In June I'd conceive on fathers day, duh. Now if I'm KU my testing day is scheduled for my birthday, I'd enter my second trimester on my moms birthday, and most of DH's family have April birthdays so duh. WHY DO I DO THIS! Lol. Madness. 

CS/Q: y'all. I read online that if you use more than 16 tampons per cycle, you have very heavy periods. Well, there are 34 tampons in my "heavy" tampon box, and I always use at least one box per AF. Is this really super nuts? Do y'all only use 16 tampons??

1) we value efficiency over all else
    2) we're both vegetarian 
    3) we'd rather stay home and marathon tv shows and drink wine than almost anything else 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Girl you are not alone. I do the same thing (oh if I'm KU I can tell DH on Fathers Day, if I get KU this cycle I'll be 12 weeks when we go to OBX and we can do our FB announcement there, etc etc) It's brutal
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @fishsticks-n-custard: *TW* No, we've been done BF about six months now, but AF arrived before that and my cycles haven't normalized.  I've been irregular my whole life, but right now is just easier to only compare my pp cycles. *end TW*

@doxiemoxie212:  I do this too!  And also backwards, like when would I need to ovulate if I had an April baby?  Don't mind me, just playing god over here.  Is there an eyeroll emoji??  Because I'm being ridiculous.
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yeah gurl, your periods are nuts! I have super light periods, so I'm sure I'm not a good reference, but I can almost get by with just pantiliners. I don't use tampons, but we I did, it was probably like 3 or 4 per cycle, and they were always the super small ones. I'm so sorry, that must suck bad.

I also start going BSC about all the different dates that things will happen at the beginning of a new cycle. I try to balance it out by also looking for silver linings in not getting KTFU in the previous cycle, i.e. I get to go to such and such event and drink! Or, I don't have to have dinner with so-and-so and hide the fact that I'm not drinking! It helps me feel not quite so down.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @fishsticks-n-custard *TW* Last time I got KU, I only ever had creamy CM, never any EWCM (and I was checking like a maniac), so it's definitely possible, especially if it's a little stretchy too. */TW*
    @Stargazer1lily FX for good news from your mammogram, that must be super nerve-wracking. What is rock hunting?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @becausescience Of course I would have loved to have gotten KU and been a part of that board, but since I'm out, I feel like I can be relieved about that part at least... sigh.
    I am definitely a *butimightneedthis* hoarder. Too many hobbies and not enough time!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @darkstar42 Oh man, what shows don't I watch at this point... Doctor Who, Class is pretty friggin' good as well. I was a HUGE Battlestar fan. I'm slowly working my way through Walking Dead. The Magicians. I love those stupid CW shows though I'm a little over Arrow for some reason. I don't know if Rick and Morty really fits in that category, but love that show too. I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting at the moment. What about you?

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @becausescience yeah, got an ultrasound for fibroids or cysts or anything - nada. I think everything makes sense for some kind of progesterone/estrogen imbalance. So I guess Friday I'm doing cd3 blood work in the hopes that will convince my doc to do cd23 blood work. Blargh. 
  • @hedgepig I haven't Oed yet, but if this cycle doesn't work I'll have the same silver lining.  :/  FX for this new cycle and an awesome BMB for you! (and everybody!)
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @becausescience FX that you ARE stuck on a BMB with her!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig  I guess we`re considered rockhounds -a person whose hobby is hunting for and collecting rocks, esp. semiprecious stones.
  • edited June 2017
    Hey all you wonderful women, I gotta P & G, work is INSANE today.  Stupid extra projects + a potluck/wedding shower/luncheon for a coworker.  I'll try to be back later to tag & comment, but I hope you all have an awesome day!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP, Mouthful of 'Merica (pnv), BBT, all the humping

R/R: Rant - my "sister" whose wedding I was in the beginning of the month just told me a few days ago that she's moving to Texas, this Saturday.  I'm happy for them, it'll be a great opportunity, but why'd ya'll keep it a secret? It's not the end of the world. Does it suck? Yes, instead of being 4.5-5 hours away it'll be 12+.  Maybe that's why she seemed less than thrilled at receiving a homemade throw afghan?  Funniest part, she wanted to tell me w/o DH around because she was "worried" he'd read her the riot act.  I told him anyhow later that day and he shrugged and said "called it!" (which he did, driving home from the wedding he said he wouldn't be surprised if they moved soon). For some reason she and her new hubby think he cares about things like that (hint: he doesn't lmao) Sure he'll miss them, but it's not life changing news on our end.  For them it is, but not for DH & I *shrug*

Rave - It's almost the weekend, and the meowfaces have ended their hunger strike.

CS/Q: nah

1) stupid sense of humor, we both act like 10 year olds and giggle at farts and the word "duty", etc
    2) camping/fishing/hiking - we both enjoy/need it to relax when we get "city'd out"/overly stressed
    3) FOOD! We both love to cook and enjoy trying out new things, and making things at home.  He's the only person I know that loves Asian cuisine more than I do <3

Related but not, DH & I have a lot in common, but we also balance each other out and get a solid middle ground. I'm an overthinker and he is more fly by the seat of your pants.  I hate laundry but don't mind the dishes, he hates dishes, but doesn't mind laundry... etc.  <3 that iggit!

Edited cause I type good

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @Stargazer1lily That sounds super interesting! What's the rarest/coolest thing you've found?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @Stargazer1lily GL at the mammogram. Hope everything goes well. 

@fishsticks-n-custard Confession - totally snorted unintentionally at your #3

@doxiemoxie212 I go through about 16 per cycle. But its purely because I change them regularly. I don't really have a heavy one. That AF is a b*tch. 

@darkstar42 Gotta love those kitty cuddles! I have one that is overly affectionate. And one that couldn't care less. 

@lurvleybunchococonuts Sorry that your sister is moving further away. I know the feeling. I haven't seen my sister in over two years now. She lives in Florida and I live in Canada. It can be tough. But I bet that afghan is beautiful!

• @nitnat007 Scandal and Suits are two of my favs!

@fishsticks-n-custard mmmm steaks yeah! *TW* When I got KU with DD and with my MC, I never had EWCM, just creamy, so it's def possible! *TW*

@doxiemoxie212 I don't think 34 tampons is crazy. If you bleed for 6-7 days and are changing every 4-6 hours, then that's about right. 16 tampons doesn't seem like enough to me, but I'm a pad user for the first 4-5 days of my cycle because my cramps are always so horrendous, so idk. 

@becausescience FX for a good ultrasound!

@lurvleybunchococonuts lol mouthfull of 'merica. Have a good work day!

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    @kbamomma33 I have at least one day every cycle where if I don't change my "heavy" tampon every single hour, I bleed through my pants. Lol. I don't know why I thought this was normal. I just emailed my doctor... lol

ETA: I definitely bleed through my pants every cycle. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Wow that's a lot of flow girl. I go through 6-8 tampons, with most of those being CD1 and 2. I hope your bloodworm gives you some answers! 

@becausescience Thank you for your response to my CS/Q! I'm still having an internal debate over temping. I really think it will fuel my obsession and wouldn't be healthy overall, especially since I don't sleep well at all so my temps would be all over the place. FX you have a good check-up! Would love an update on your follies afterwards! 

@lurvleybunchococonuts I'm actually almost impressed your sister managed to keep a move like that a secret. I'm such a blabber mouth I'd tell everyone. Also, I love Asian food! So much! I'm jealous that you and your H both cook. I'm working on teaching H.

@nitnat007 You haven't seen her in two years?! What do y'all do for holidays? 
  • @doxiemoxie212 TBH, if I didn't wear super pads for half of AF, I'd probably be in the same boat. I think some women are just heavier bleeders than others. If you feel fine physically otherwise, maybe that's just what your body does. Sad ruining all those pants though.  :'(
  • I was just looking at FF, my crappy temping and prolonged CM, and noticed this little message:
    "Your chart data does not allow ovulation to be pinpointed to within a 24 hour timeframe.
    Your temperature suggests, however, that ovulation may have occurred between CD 10 and CD 18."

FF translation:

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @SkilledSailor Two years ago I went to Costa Rica to be with my parents (she would normally meet me there, but went sailing with her family that year). This last Christmas I decided to stay up here in Canada for the first time and spend it with my DH and the young one. This year......its going to be interesting as I have already decided that I wont be travelling since DH deploys Jan 4th. Hopefully she will cave and come and visit me soon. 
  • @kbamomma33 I'm a master stain remover. I was h*cking (any dog rates fans on this board??) giddy when I was doing PR for a laundry detergent company. Learned so much! But yeah, I thought it was just what my body does because it always has - but from what I've read online it's actually called menorrhagia (link), and it's caused by hormonal imbalances which 1) holy isht, can this be something I can change so I stop bleeding through my pants? and 2) might impact TTC and/or be (TW) related to my loss, etc. 
  • @kbamomma33 fx you end up getting good timing!

@SkilledSailor jealous of your mini vacation!!

@nitnat007 what are some of the chick shows you like?

@hedgepig I'm so sorry about AF!

@Dilynne I'm totally "relaxing" this cycle too. And sorry about that text from your sister!

@nanilani04 FX your body waits until this weekend

@RVAmom315 come on results!!!

@Stargazer1lily good luck at your mammogram tomorrow

@fishsticks-n-custard happy anniversary!!

@doxiemoxie212 I do the same thing. Last cycle if I got KU, I would have entered the 2nd trimester & announced the pregnancy on my birthday.  As for tampons, since last June my AF is super light.  I use maybe 3-4 tampons, most of them being lites (I'm worried about this).  But before I prob used 16 but only maybe 4 heavy. 

@darkstar42 what a nice way to wake up!!

@becausescience until last cycle, my CL was 97.7 or 97.9. Last cycle it was 97.2. So no idea. 

@lurvleybunchococonuts I'm sorry your sister is moving away

Month/Cycle: 11/8 (5/3 AL)

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNVs & Ubiquinol (no temping or opks this cycle) 

R/R: I posted this in the IF thread too but.   I called and cancelled my RE appt. (sinceI'm super modest and would rather see a female doctor. My Bff had posted in a moms group and asked about the doctors at the center and all the moms raved about this one female doctor.  ) So I called today to switch and they said she's completely booked up for July and to call back the end of next week for August appts. I asked to put on a wait list and the receptionist kinda laughed and said no one ever cancels for her--which makes me feel better (when I called yesterday, the dr they scheduled me for had plenty of appts available which made me nervous)

CS/Q:

1) we're both Disney nuts
    2) we both love sports, especially football 
    3) we're both extremely stubborn 
  • @purplg8r I wouldn't be too nervous about it. Male Gynos always tend to be easier to book with since so many women prefer female doctors. I don't think it really means anything about their doctor-ing ability. But always go to who you feel comfortable regardless (even if it's a "silly" reason like you trust people with green eyes). Having a good relationship with your doctor is SO important that you always want to start off on a good note.

I'm also with everyone who's torn about wanting to get on a BMB ASAP but also not wanting to share a BMB with HER.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, BBT, CM, HIO during FW

R/R: Rave: Day off tomorrow with a massage and a job interview (just as an employment agency, so nothing fancy, but still!). Rant: Um, the only rant that I have today is that my bff asked me to make sure her car payment goes through (I work where she banks) today since she gets paid, but I went to do it and see that she already did it online. But if that's the only rant I have today then I'm doing pretty well!

CS/Q:

1. What we want to eat at restaurants (it makes it easy to share!) and we're both adventurous eaters.
    2. We both have a dry sense of humor.
    3. We are both slightly introverted and enjoy "quiet time".