Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-in 6/28

looeezelooeeze member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? 

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in 6/28

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? diet, exercise, want to lose a bit of weight as safely as possible. 

2. How is it going? OK. I ate like shit last week and barely worked out and somehow lost like 1lb so sort of yay?

3. What is a small win from last week? I'm still counting even small amounts of diet or exercise during a treatment week as a small win (but should probably set the bar higher).

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? Exercise. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hedgepig I don't like ALL exercise. I guess I should have been more specific and said "elliptical" and "rower". Those (and hiking obviously) are kind of fun now. But I do the stairs and bike and occasionally weightlift a whopping3 lbs and those are never enjoyable for me and I have to feel pretty motivated to do those. 
  • leedaaleedaa member
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Taking vitamins regularly, and doing yoga. 

2. How is it going? I'm still forgetting the vitamins almost as much as I take them. :/ Yoga is going ok but I need to find a new online class. After years of me talking about it, Husband has agreed to try yoga with me. We found a really cool men's 30-day-challenge on the doyouyoga, but it's more strength stuff like pushups and planking (very manly) and not so much flexibility or balance....

3. What is a small win from last week? I've been doing better about keeping fruit in the house to snack on. And if I flex I can see my abs faintly from all the yoga exercise.

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? Juicing! It has been great considering that I have major food aversions to anything but fruit in the morning :P 
  • @vflux33 If only we could combine efforts - I hate cardio (elliptical, rower, etc.) and would much rather lift weights! A small tip though - try to lift heavier weights. It's a lot better for you, and unless your doing crossfit type lifting (hehehe) you won't bulk up
  • It's been a while since I've checked in... :(

Eating better and exercising more to lose some weight (hoping that will help the PCOS)

2. How is it going? Not great - my ankle is still messed up and my physiotherapist doesn't want me using it, so can't do any classes at the gym 

3. What is a small win from last week? I'd been away for a few weeks, which meant lots of eating quick meals from the hospital food court. Finally got back and have been able to have proper meals that my DH made

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? As I mentioned above, I actually like doing weight training. Give me that over cardio any day!
  • @leedaa Have you tried a daily reminder on your smartphone for the vitamins? I used to forget and now I never do. 

@Sailing_Mama Did you do 23andme? You probably have the "elite athlete"/"fast twitch" gene, which makes weightlifting easier for you and endurance stuff harder--I don't have it and was told I am better at endurance stuff than weight training because of not having that gene (which makes total sense in terms of preferences). 

@zamora_spin I did that too with the coffee! At first it tasted like shit, but I hardly even notice now. 
  • @vflux33 We just did 23 and me. Waiting on results. But I'm like @Sailing_Mama and weight lifting is so much easier for me than endurance. I gain strength really quickly but the farthest I've ever been able to run (at the best shape of my life) was 10 miles. I'm curious what my result on the gene will be. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard Yeah share here when you get it back--I'm totally curious. 
  • @vflux33 @fishsticks-n-custard I have not done 23 and me... I'm on the fence how I feel about things like that haha
  • What's 23 and me?

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Being healthy in general

2. How is it going? Ehh. Not. I'm back to eating the junk food I love and didn't do any of the workout videos last week. On Monday I'm going to start the 21 day fix extreme workouts and then the following Monday start the eating plan but not quite as strict. I'm  going to allow myself one non-fix approved treat a day otherwise I'll be so grumpy again 

3. What is a small win from last week? I ran 6 miles--the first time I've gone that far in a couple of months. 

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? I do not like the price but I'm surprised how much I like the taste of the chocolate shakeology 
  • @purplg8r It's a service that does DNA analysis from a saliva sample and tells you some health information but also about your genetic heritage. 

• @vflux33Now that's a weightloss plan I can get behind! But in all seriousness, I seem to lose more weight if I give myself a few very indulgent days every few weeks. It's almost as if my body resets.
    @hedgepig: 4-5 lbs is awesome! Congratulations!
    @leedaa: Your post reminded me to take my afternoon vitamin. Thanks  :p
    @Sailing_Mama : Would you or other weight training ladies care to share some of your routines?
    @zamora_spin : I'm the same way with sugar. I'm okay if I don't eat any but if I eat some I want all.the.things.
    @purplg8r : Woohoo for 6 miles! That's awesome!

Drinking more water, adding in weight training.
    2. How is it going? Water uptake has been great. I've been drinking water almost exclusively and a ton of it. On the flip side of my goals, I somehow hurt my back with my weight routine. I'm hoping the chiropractor can fix me this afternoon because I feel like an old woman.
    3. What is a small win from last week? I haven't had any soft drinks in a week. That's pretty huge for me.
    4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? Running is totally a love/hate relationship. I love how it makes me feel but I hate actually getting up and doing it. If I take a running break I miss it terribly.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @notthefather Yay for training yourself to drink more water! I've wondered about the diet reset thing--I think there might be something to it because so many diets result in a lot of weight loss at first and then a plateau. 
  • izza2izza2 member
    Some day we plan to do 23andme!
    And yay for y'alls small wins!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Eating healthier/drinking more H2O, watching my macros, being more active.

2. How is it going? Really bad, actually, haha. Last week was super hectic, this past weekend was MIL's wedding, and last night we went to a concert. So, a lot of drinks and bad food were had. I re-stocked my stash of protein bars and breakfast bars, so I'm all set to get back on track. I also found a Nesquick protein shake that's super delish and has like 30G of protein, so, I'm all for it.

3. What is a small win from last week? I haven't gained any weight, surprisingly!

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? Counting macros, honestly. It's fun to get my day planned out and see how much of what I can eat to get to where I need to be, and what I'll need to skip or skim down on.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @vflux33 Losing 1 lb on a bad week is rad!
    @leedaa Yay for abs!
    @Sailing_Mama Sorry your ankle is messed up... I hate being injured because it gives me a good excuse for not exercising, which I always milk for all it's worth.
    @vflux33 @Sailing_Mama Wow, the genetic explanation for exercise preferences is fascinating! I also hate cardio and would rather do strength training, although I've never lifted weights heavier than my little 3lb ones. So far I've never been tempted to do 23 and Me, but now I am....
    @Sailing_Mama When you say that heavier weights are better, what size do you suggest?
    @zamora_spin Great job getting up to exercise last week, even if it was only once. Those first few times are always the hardest for me.
    @purplg8r What workout videos do your usually do?
    @notthefather I'm so sorry that your hurt your back... I hope you heal up quick! In the meantime, great job drinking all that water!
    @izza2 Yay for having a cheat weekend and not gaining weight! What concert did you go to?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Oh, and I thought of something that I started doing for my health (sort of...) that I really enjoy now - temping! I mean, it's also frustrating, but I get kinda excited to see what my temp will be each morning and what that will mean. I guess it goes along with the rest if the charting stuff - checking CM and generally being more in tune with my body and cycles. I was on BC for 14 years so I never really knew what my natural cycles were like, so it's been really interesting to get to know them now.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig I agree, it's kind of cool to know what my body is doing. When I read about EWCM in TCOYF I was like oooohhh, THAT'S what that stuff is.
  • @zamora_spin I had the exact same reaction!

• izza2izza2 member
    @hedgepig - Brett Young, Night Ranger, and Daughtry

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @hedgepig I do Beachbody on Demand
  • @fishsticks-n-custard that is so interesting! I didn't realize there was a "health" portion of those type of tests! Please update us on your results!

@purplg8r Nice run! 

@hedgepig @zamora_spin @fishticks-n-custard lol same reaction here with the CM. I was like... should I be embarrassed about not knowing this? 

I always struggle with healthy eating, I've been/will be traveling a lot this summer and it makes it hard! 

2. How is it going? Meh, always a work in progress! I have had my greens/fruit smoothie every day this week which helps me get in some of those fruits and veggies. I like my desserts and definitely need to start being a bit better with that...

3. What is a small win from last week? I have gotten back into my regular exercise routine *TW* after MC *End TW* and it feels great. I am so sore from my workouts the last couple days.

4. GTKY: What is something you started doing for your health and now you just really enjoy? The last couple months I have upped my water intake to about 100 ounces a day, I think it has helped with fatigue and just has helped me feel better overall.