Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC after D&C

I had a D&C done almost 6 weeks ago and checked my HCG levels on 06/16 and was 0 but haven't got my period yet. Is that normal to take that long to have my periods back even after HCG is back to normal

Re: TTC after D&C

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited June 2017

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that you are recovering as easily as possible.

A quick Google search sounds like it's normal to get AF anywhere from 5 days to 6 weeks or even longer  (depending on your cycle). If you have any questions or concerns about your cycle then I'd really recommend asking your doctor. Even if your question may seem small or "dumb", that's what they're there for! Your body is your body, it isn't our body. So our cycles and our experiences won't always mean that you will have those same cycles or those same experiences.

• Thank you!I've seen that several people took longer but haven't heard of anyone that already went down to 0 and still no signal of AD.
  • Loading the player...
  • @deborabr I'm sorry for your loss. Everyone's body is different. Agree with the suggestion to come join us on the ttcal thread and board. I am also in my first cycle AL so I don't have personal experience with what you are asking but I do know women can have annovulatory cycles/just plain wacky cycles AL. You can ask your doctor when and if you should trigger AF.