December 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 6/24

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last? 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What's on your summer "bucket list"?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 6/24

• Hey sorry I'll be late I'm on a 24 hr shift but I'll write back sometime tomorrow  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @breezybee yay for a great NT scan and congrats on the new house! Sounds like you've had a craaazy week. We just decided to sell our place before baby comes, so we are about to go through a similar experience. Eek!

@jackiesmom324 ah 24 hours! Hang in there!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 16w, size of a dill pickle 

2) How are you feeling? Good!

3) Any appointments this week/last? Nope, I have one on Monday

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? We were planning on selling our co-op and moving to the suburbs next year, so we met with a broker to find out what we need to do to prepare for listing. He told us that we have to de-personalize and de-clutter closets and suggested some renovations that would help the sale. We have zero extra storage space so decluttering is no joke. Long story short, we decided it would be easier to do all of this and sell before the baby gets here. We want to stay in the city for a while longer so we are going to move to a bigger rental before making the big move to the burbs. Rave: In a new place, we will have room for a nursery! "Rant": Eek this is not going to be the relaxing summer that I expected! 

5) GTKY: What's on your summer "bucket list"? Spending time with friends, hiking, exploring new neighborhoods in the city (need to figure out where we are going to live!)
  • @blueskies17 We ARE in the exact same situation!  We decided we'd move now because we figured it would be 1000000 times more difficult with two babies in a year. So goodbye to the city I love so much. At least I'm only moving 30 minutes away...and I'll be closer to wine country :)
    Decluttering is no joke. I'll do what I can, but I have no where to stash all my extra crap!  Good luck!
  • @blueskies17 and @breezybee wow lots of moving for us Saturday ladies! We just moved out of our house and into my moms so we can sell.  Didn't want to deal with people coming to look with us living there. Hoping to get an offer quick so we can start looking for a new house.  Ours has been on the market a week now. Being 31, married, pregnant, and living at my moms with my husband in my childhood bedroom isn't exactly ideal lol. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you both.

14 weeks- troll doll sized / about 3.5 inches long 

2) How are you feeling?
    Tired from end of the school year things, but mostly good.

No

Our last day of school is June 27. Way too freaking late. I could rant all day about this.

Buying a new house, enjoying my last kid free summer. Stay away from me, kids! Lol
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• @breezybee what are you guys going to do to keep yourselves busy during the open houses?

@blueskies17 Decluttering does not sound like fun. I'm going to move into my SO's house sometime before the babies are born, but we're going to hire movers to pack and move my stuff, thank goodness. 

@moonlady-2 I hope your house sells soon! June 27th is way too late. 

15 + 1 with di/di twins. They are the size of navel oranges. 

2) How are you feeling?
    Great! I felt so good yesterday and feel like I can have a life again LOL. I did throw up on Friday because I waited too long to eat, but I wasn't nauseous. My tailbone really hurts, but I'll take that over nausea

3) Any appointments /last? 
    Last Thursday I had an US. All is well. 

I need maternity shorts STAT LOL. 

I'm ready to get on the boat and go up north or to the west coast of Michigan. 

• So glad to see everyone is starting to feel better for the most part! And also good luck to you ladies who are moving and selling. We plan to move next summer and I'm really kicking myself and wishing it could happen this summer because our house is waaaay too small. 

14 weeks/peach! 

2) How are you feeling?
    So much better. A little tired but I will take that over the crippling nausea!! 

I had an appointment Tuesday! Everything looks great! 

My mom text me yesterday asking if she can throw me a baby shower. The thought is nice but this is the third child and we will be in a much better place financially than we ever have been in the months leading up to baby being here. I pretty much said that and I could tell I hurt her feelings. I'm not sure what I plan to do about this. 

Well, right now I love to swim with the kids! I am trying to get as much color as possible so I won't be too pasty white in the winter lol. I would love to take the children to the beach but DH hates it so we will see! 
  • Good luck to you too @moonlady-2!  Lots of movers!
    @clovelyone Well just go to dinner or th movies or something for the weekday ones and then we'll probably head up to Napa for the weekend. 
    Our agent expects a ton of offers, so we'll be accepting one probably next Tuesday. I'm excited to see what we get :)
    Im so glad your US went well. It's crazy with two in there, isn't it?!
    @speach13 Yay for a great us for you as well!  Yeah, a shower for a 3rd baby is really not necessary. I would tell your mom thanks, but no thanks. If she's insisting on a party, maybe she'd like to do a sprinkle instead?  That's just a nice lunch with some friends and family and I don't believe gifts are required. 

• clovelyoneclovelyone member
    edited June 2017
    @breezybee That sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted on the offers. I hope you get a great one by Tuesday. 

@speach13 I agree with @breezybee, maybe a sprinkle with a few close family/friends and no gifts. 

ETA: FYI, I add a pic finally LOL (not of me though). 
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks - a naval orange or a canary! 

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good.  When I get tired, I'm like I gotta nap ASAP, but otherwise like a normal human.  

3) Any appointments this week/last? Nope.  Late next week.  

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Had a good weekend - went for a hike and did some baby planning with H.  While we aren't moving, I will be joining you all with the decluttering.  Right now, we use our spare room pretty frequently (it's essentially my husband's man cave and he uses it literally every day).  I'm trying to figure out where we can start putting the baby stuff someplace that makes sense but doesn't clutter our every day living space.   

5) GTKY: What's on your summer "bucket list"? I don't really have a summer bucket list.  We've got a very low key summer planned.  That sounds so lame....lol

@breezybee - Man - you've got a crazy life right now!  Good luck with the selling/reno/moving. Closer to wine country is a good bonus, if you have to give up the city. 
    @clovelyone - nice pic!!  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @breezybee thanks! Good luck with the sale! Sounds like we're in similar markets too- once we list, it's supposed to move very quickly!

@moonlady-2 So many of us on the move! Hope you have a quick sale!

@clovelyone yeah it's gonna be really hard to choose what stays and what goes into storage. Good luck with the move!
  • @clovelyone  I'm currently wearing one of the two pairs of maternity shorts that I purchased and they're basically the best thing in my life right now lol!

@breezybee  @blueskies17  @moonlady-2  I give you ladies a lot of credit because buying / selling houses or moving sounds like a nightmare to me right now! I hope everything goes well for all of you!

@speach13  I'm with the others and would either have her throw you a low key sprinkle or maybe have her host if you do a gender reveal?

@Tennis11785  We need to declutter too. We currently have a bunch of crap stored in the half of the attic that we plan to make into the playroom and I'm dreading having to go through all of it.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    14+1, di/di twins. Two little peaches / trolls!
    2) How are you feeling?
    My stomach's been feeling off the last couple of weeks, mostly at night and in the morning. I have ulcerative colitis, so I think it's related to that. My back and neck have also started getting really sore lately. Has anyone else had that happen? And generally my energy level's been ok, but I stayed up a little past midnight last night for a bachelorette party last night and basically collapsed into bed and then was exhausted today too. I took a 3 hour nap and plan to go to bed soon, so hopefully, I'll feel more refreshed in the morning (right now I'm still in that groggy nap haze). Oh and I think my bump is about to pop because my stomach is definitely feeling expanded and I really can't suck in my gut much anymore!
    Had an appointment on Monday. The zigzags were moving around like crazy and the doctor said they're doing great. 
    We announced on facebook and at work on Tuesday and that was fun. Everyone's been really excited and supportive. I've heard about other people getting nasty/negative/insensitive comments from people who've announced they're having twins, but so far everyone I've talked to has been super positive. 
    My stepdaughter is coming to visit from UT from July 21 - August 6, so I'm really looking forward to spending time with her and spending some of that time with her mom (whom I've become close friends with). I'm also just looking forward to having friends over for dinner / going to friends' houses for BBQs, going to fun summer movies, taking my dog for hikes when it's not too hot out, and our annual family Lobster Fest!
  • Thanks for the reminder, @leilagphillips! We announced to everyone this weekend too. It was wonderful because I wanted to scream it from the mountaintops. 
  • @clovelyone I wanted to scream it too! It's so nice not having to keep it a secret anymore!
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? im 13 weeks today .. baby is size of lemon or a small juice box (totally estimates and made that up)

2) How are you feeling? I'm tired I worked a 24 hour shift and I'm tired lol otherwise I'm anxious about moving this Friday and starting a new job 

3) Any appointments this week/last? I had an ob appt and mfm appt last week. Also had my NT scan and cell free DNA drawn 

I just want this move to be over 4 more days !

Spend some quality time with my husband on his August bday and hopefully finally have sex eventually

I want to do my mentions but I'm just so tired 
    :( 
  • Sorry I'm so late to the party! It's been a busy weekend over here!!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    15 weeks - size of a navel orange 

2) How are you feeling?
    This week I have been feeling great, the only exception is that a few odd times I have felt tired. And when I say 'tired,' I mean like hit-by-a-bus-TIRED. 

Nope!

Rant - I'm still not showing at all, and it's kind of making me a little anxious. The HDBD thread is so simultaneously adorable and depressing! A friend if mine is just 12 weeks and has the CUTEST little bump! I'd at least like my pants to feel snug!

Rave - My DH is the best human on earth. He has been cooking, and cleaning a lot for us, and just taking really good care of me! Can't say enough good things about him!

Buying a house and moving is our number one priority right now, Lol - glad to have so many folks in similar positions all in one place!

Otherwise - camping, canoeing, and launching issue 6 of a magazine I make with awesome group of people!
  • @breezybee @blueskies17 @moonlady-2 - Add me to pregnant and moving list!! Hope it's smooth and easy for us all! 

@clovelyone @leilagphillips - that's exactly how I felt! I was so done with keeping it a secret, and it felt so good to tell everyone! 

Glad to have you all to connect with each week! Hope you all have a really quick and easy week! Take care, see ya next Saturday!

• KirssKirss member
    Soo many people moving over here!!!
    @breezybee Good luck with the open houses, I hope you sell fast!!! .
    @blueskies17 Could you rent a storage space? That's what we did when we moved. Our basement was basically our garage, since we didn't have a garage. 
    @Tennis11785 I am so excited to have a lazy summer, no weddings, maybe 1 grad party. Sounds pretty perfect to me. 
    @clovelyone I love Lake Michigan side, I've actually never been to Lake Huron. 

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 14 wks, Ovia says a Troll Doll! 
    2) How are you feeling? Pretty good, I can't complain. I've gotten a lot of energy back.
    3) Any appointments this week/last? Next appt is 7/6.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? OK, this is kind of embarrassing but I have an ingrown hair on my inner thigh and it hurts so bad. Internet tells me it will go away on its own, but JC, any day now please. 
    5) GTKY: What's on your summer "bucket list"?  I wouldn't hate a tan. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hey Saturday ladies!  Sorry to be late as well, another busy weekend working on organizing closets and making more storage space.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    16 weeks- the size of an avocado.

2) How are you feeling?
    Much much better, I have a bit more energy, and I'm not feeling nauseous or vomiting anymore... at least for now!  My allergies are still bothering me, but I'm taking some new meds (rhinocort nasal spray) and trying to take it easy.

Nope!  Next midwife appointment is coming up next week after 4th of July weekend.
    We did have a phone call with a really wonderful potential doula, and are meeting one more in person tomorrow. 

I just want to rave about the prenatal yoga class that I started taking a few weeks ago. It's lovely to be in a room of pregnant people, at different stages along the way.  We start with a check in at the beginning, and I just love love love the class.

I also found out the great news that a dear friend of mine and her wife are also expecting!  They had a long journey to get here, and she's 10 weeks along with twins!  I'm so excited to get to be pregnant with her.

Not that much besides moving through our checklist of things to do before December!  I do hope to go to the beach at least once, and to be in water as much as possible on the weekends.
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • Good morning! I was out of town for the weekend so am also late on this. 

@breezybee Good luck with the open houses! With all of those people surely you'll have a great offer quickly. I love remodeling too, doing your new kitchen will be so much fun!!
    @blueskies17  Yay for a nursery in the new place! Good luck with the declutter; maybe nesting will kick in (I have no idea when that normally happens!) and will make it more fun to go through things.
    @moonlady-2  Whew, that does sound like a challenging living situation at the moment!  Hopefully an offer comes quickly.
    @clovelyone  Oh my god, all I've worn for the last week are the one pair of maternity shorts I've bought. I got some at Target that have stretchy panels on the sides rather than the fabric in the front which I like, I think they're cooler feeling than having cloth covering your stomach.
    @speach13  That's sweet of your Mom, but I totally get why you're not into the idea. You could also suggest she have a get together after the baby comes? I think people call them sip and sees (I just learned that on here!).  
    @leilagphillips  So glad the announcement went well! That's crazy people could say anything negative about twins, and I'm glad you didn't run into that.

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 17 weeks, a pomegranate/chipmunk/large McDonald's fry (those things all seem like different sizes to me)

2) How are you feeling?  Still doing well! This weekend we were in the Vegas area and spent a day rafting in 116 degree weather and yesterday I tried to bike in the morning in 109 degrees. I felt pretty terrible last night and this morning, I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant and need to take it a little easier  :/

3) Any appointments this week/last? No, not for a few more weeks

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  So I noticed my nipples started leaking a little bit the past few nights. Is anyone else having this happen so early? I looked it up and it seems kind of normal (albeit a bit early), but it kind of freaked me out. It's weird to go 32 years with nothing ever coming out of them, and then suddenly see liquid!  My rave is I could definitely feel the baby moving once this weekend which was so exciting. I thought I felt him once or twice before but wasn't sure, but this time it had to be him.

5) GTKY: What's on your summer "bucket list"?  We're taking lots of trips so I hope to keep feeling good through all of those. And I want to declutter, although I'm not moving like so many of you ladies so it's more of a panic and try to get the house ready for baby mentality.
  • clovelyoneclovelyone member
    edited June 2017
    @Kirss Oddly enough, I have never visited the Michigan side of Lake Huron, but I have driven past it to go to the Canadian side and the beaches there are beautiful. One day, I'd like to go to the UP (upper peninsula) to Lake Superior to see Pictured Rocks. 

@collectiveliving That's great you have a pregnancy buddy! I just found out that I have one too. 

@shellac835 Yes, try to take it easy. My doctor told me not to ride a bike unless it's stationary. In second trimester, you can get dizzy easily and he thinks riding with others someone could run into me causing me to fall. To each his own and other doctors may have different opinions, but I've struggled with infertility so for me, I'm trying to stay on the safe side. Just thought I'd let you know what my doc said because I just knew I would still be able to Slow Roll. 

Yay for feeling baby moves! 17 weeks seems so far away. I'm so excited for you. FYI someone here mentioned that leaking is normal, but I haven't experienced it. 

ETA: I tried the Target full panel shorts, but they were saggy in the butt (I have a flat butt LOL). I wonder if the side panels would have a different fit? 
  • @clovelyone  Thanks for sharing your doc's advice! I do plan to keep riding (I'm signed up for a 70 miler with friends in August that I hope to do), but will take it easier and definitely watch riding in the heat. I think that's what really got me yesterday. I'm not very good at adapting to doing less!
  • @blueskies17 I'm not a super active person, but I'll cheer you on from the sidelines LOL. 
  • KirssKirss member
    @clovelyone I love the UP, we did a Pictured Rocks Boat Tour a couple years ago when LO was 2.5, it was fun, but I wish we could have kayaked it. Also I wish we stopped by the Oswald Bear Ranch, next time. 
    I've heard that Lake Huron has some decent beaches on our side as well, hopefully one day I'll get around to checking them out. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kirss That's cool! I'd love to kayak near Pictured Rocks. I'll have to look up Oswald, Bear Ranch too.