January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 6/24-6/30

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 6/24-6/30

• @KLake42, that sounds painful..I have never heard or experienced this..and sorry you have to go through this added pain. How about talking to your doctor about topical treatments you can use while pregnant. 
  • We've hit 11 weeks and I feel mostly normal. The tired follows me everywhere, but that's certainly related to my work schedule as well. The RLP has eased up; it mostly just hits if I push myself physically or if I'm moving at word angles. Nausea and food aversion are minimal right now. 

I'm still very gassy, though, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • @scatteringashes same here! It's so embarrassing sometimes:(
  • Everything I said yesterday...is opposite. I was helping DH in the flower bed last night and nearly PASSED OUT while doing some light shoveling.. who does that?? I had to sit down 14 times in a matter of an hour. Then the thought of homemade lasagna from the night before just made me completely nauseous that I started to smell it even though it was still in the fridge. I had a small salad with zero appetite. I only ate last night for little one. Went to bed constipated and miserable. I thought I was feeling better. Boy was I wrong. Pregnancy is fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've suddenly been feeling pretty sick the last two days as well, @britmanering73. I feel awful.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @britmanering73, I feel you!..Yesterday morning, I was worried because, 'I felt great'. Fastforward to the evening, after work and I had collapsed into my bed with a banging headache and absolute fatigue. 

The symptoms don't feel good but I think it is comforting in the sense that, you are reminded something important is happening in your body.
  • @missblaze It's like all of the sudden too! We were feeling great lol, I thought it was too good to be true and easy breezy first trimester. I was wrong LOL. I hope you're feeling a little better.

@miraclemum You are reminded, absolutely. And then part of me is like first time, last time! Never again. But the proof is in the bump and I know I haven't been eating that much LOL. I hope you feel better soon!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I woke up with bad cramps. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I'm laying down and drinking water so hopefully they stop soon.
  • @hesitantrenovator Oh no! Drink up and take her easy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • geshemgeshem member
    @madcouplewithabox I'm with you on the sudden symptoms thing.

@schaze and @britmanering73 I also almost fainted today, I had to interrupt the CEO of the company where I'm interning midsentence to say I had to go and get a drink. Had to put my head down for a bit, sit, drink and eat something. He saw me with dried fruit afterward and figured I was having hypoglycemia, which I guess is pretty similar to what was happening. So that was interesting/not fun.

Also finally really felt RLP - like OH that's what that feels like. Some pretty bad headaches too, especially with pressure changes in airplane (flew to a wedding over the weekend).
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 11+3 and still feeling icky. I seem to be a bit better in the mornings than I had been but night time is still rough. I think that I'll still have a few weeks of feeling bad but I'm hoping it's on a decline, albeit a slow decline. I was sick with my last two up to 16 and 18 weeks so I'll be lucky to see any improvement soon. Tired all the time, food aversions are still terrible and night time nausea is still going. 
  • 12+1 and holy moly has the fatigue returned! Mornings are rough. 
  • 13+4 today, and the last  few days have been pretty rough. I actually was more sick during the second trimester with DD,  so I'm hoping that's not the case this time around.  I literally dozed on the couch for over an hour while the toddler ran around and kept herself entertained. I'm pretty much feeling like the world's worst mom.  I also almost lost my breakfast this morning, when I opened the fridge and got a whiff of all of the smells. 
    @jakobaby,  I also had those weird red bumps on my chest during my last pregnancy. I'm hoping they don't show up this time!
  • The nausea is 24 hours a day. I was so spoiled with my first pregnancy, I was never sick. This little blob must hate me. And poor DD (16 months) just runs the house now. 
    and SO.much. Gasssss!
  • @cyanope oh man I have to hold my breath when I open my fridge or microwave. I hate the smells! 
  • Haaaa just kidding on that RLP. It's back today and it is not fucking around. I'm grunting and groaning like a much older lady every time I stand up, lol. 

(It does not help that I'm sitting on the floor in our warehouse, but that's by choice.)
  • I've have been dealing with acute morning sickness since week 7 and I am now in week 13. Everyone said it'll go away after the first trimester and I was so hopeful. Yesterday I threw up so much that I popped a blood vessel in my eye. I look like I got punched in the face. Meanwhile my very high stress job is telling me some people feel as if I don't care as much recently. Maybe because I'm spending a third of my day vomiting in the ladies while they all just ignore that it's happening. LOOK AT MY EYE! I hear I get a beautiful baby at the end of this. 
  • My teeth are killing me this morning! Has anyone else had sore teeth?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • so sleepy, so hungry, so emotionally exhausted.
  • @melsue18 You may have been grinding your teeth during the night. It's common during pregnancy. I had my dentist make me a night guard when I got pregnant.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @livingoffpbjs OMG! No, you won't live that one down. 

Headaches are the big thing for me right now. And a constant feeling of being hungover. 
  • @ryannenikole headaches  for me too :( nausea has subsided but I'd rather take that than these perpetual migraines! 
  • makstewmakstew member
    edited June 2017
    Took a turn for the worse at 11 weeks. Constant nausea, horrible heartburn and bloating, and a full 24 hours of constant vomiting. Second trimester can't come soon enough! 

Edit: I also have the little red bumps on my shoulders and upper arms!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @koennia1217 I hate that kind of corporate culture. You have one bad day and suddenly everyone forgets all the hard work you've put in. I used to work like a dog at my job and it never really paid off. When my first baby was a few months old I told them I was going to go part time to spend more time at home with my baby. I still work part time and I have zero regrets about it. 
  • What on earth can I do for this insomnia? I've been waking up every morning at like 3 or 4 and am awake for an hour or so. I usually have restless legs and my stomach hurts so it's tough going back to sleep. This morning was awful. I've been tired all day and after laying in bed for an hour and a half, I finally got up and ate a bowl of cereal. Help!!
  • @GraceUponGrace09 I have been using Natural Calm (a magnesium supplement) and I used it during my last pregnancy. It helps with sleep AND restless legs.

Pregnancy Ticker

• eerei7eerei7 member
    The bottom half of my breasts are really red... what's that about?
  • @GraceUponGrace09 I had really bad restless leg syndrome and I know this is going to sound crazy but I put a bar of Irish spring under my sheet right at my feet. It seriously worked!!! It doesn't have to be Irish spring - just a bar of soap. It's weird bc last week I didn't put it in there after washing my sheets and the RLS came back and then went away immediately when I put he soap back where it belongs. 
  • @missblaze Thanks! I actually have some. I'm be taking it tonight! 
    @koennia1217 What?! That is hilarious! I might have to give it a try. What is it about the soap that's suppose to help?
  • @GraceUponGrace09 I honostly don't know- Dr.google Is my referral. I was at a point of desperation and was ready to try anything! 
  • errrrrrr uhmmmmm so this morning I felt almost like a pinching feeling in my vagina, like in the vaginal canal, on my left side. Not up in my uterus or ovaries or anything. Its a really weird feeling. It went away after a bit but now its back again. Anyone get this? Not having the best time googling "pinching feeling in vagina" lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @GraceUponGrace09 whenever I wake up early morning it's half insomnia half stomach issues. I find that if I just get up and eat something I can get back to sleep after a bit. Otherwise I end up lying awake for a long time then getting up to eat anyway. 
  • What is everyone doing for headaches? I had one that resolved with Tylenol and rest and fluids. It's starting to come back. My last two pregnancies I only had 1 stubborn headache with each pregnancy early on then no more. I'm hoping headaches aren't going to be a new thing for me!
  • @trudytudy unfortunately I haven't found anything to help with the headaches. If you do, please share!
  • I'm going two days strong with a nasty headache, @trudytudy. No relief here either!
  • @burnsmommy27 and @cyanope I got some relief when I was able to take a Tylenol and chug some water then go back to sleep. My headache came back this afternoon so I asked my H to pick my up a Cola slushy on the way home from work. I think it's helped a bit. I don't drink caffeine so I'm pretty sensitive to it. I remember with my first baby my OB told me to try some cola to help a headache. The slushy part was nice for the nausea.  The aftertaste... not so much. 
  • The only thing that's been helping my headaches is laying in a dark room with a cold pack under my head or on my eyes. Just taking back to hangover days. 
  • Tylenol, fluids and rest have helped me with the headaches. Upping my calorie intake and focusing on getting enough protein to avoid blood sugar swings helps too.