November 2017 Moms

Boy Moms

2»

Re: Boy Moms

• My baby boy will be 2 the end of July! Hmmm some pointers... teach them to be gentle at a young age, boys have a tendency to play rough lol, keep a wipe or diaper over them during diaper changes to avoid getting sprayed haha! Friends of ours swore by the PeePee TeePee but it seemed way overkill for us. Learn to love trucks and trains and planes and anything that moves lol! I've learned more about different kinds of trucks in the last 2 years than I ever could have imagined. Also for those who are ok with tv, Blippi on Youtube makes great educational truck shows for kids lol. 
  • Boys love their mamas and they can be so sweet and silly.  And they are active.  I honestly didn't sit down from the time he started to crawl for a good 3 years.  We would go to parties and the little girls would be sitting down eating their snack so politely and my son just did not stop moving.  He could have cared less about food - all he wanted to do was play, so I pretty much would follow him around all day every day.  He was obsessed with firetrucks and construction vehicles from before he turned 1.  We didn't have any penis issues - point it down and keep it clean and you will be okay.  We call it his weenie and I don't have any issue with that - we all know what he is talking about.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2017
    This only applies to circumcised boys: You do need to clean the site every day, and part of that means separating the remaining foreskin from the skin on the shaft that it tends to adhere to. If this is something you forget about, it can re-adhere and become painful because when the area is stretched when they begin to have more spontaneous erections in a couple years. My life in no way revolves around penises, so I hesitated to even comment with anything penis-related, but I only saw this alluded to and not really explained fully. I have 2 friends whose sons had to be re-circumcised at age 2 for this reason - not because of cosmetics, because it's painful. 

Yes, I'm sure there are a million mom's out there who haven't done this and their boys have been fine, but it's been true for all 3 of mine. If I wait more than a couple days to do this when they're babies, it starts to Re-adhere. Eta I think I've had to do it until about 18 months?
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish good to know! We decided (DH gave in) last night that we are circumcising and I've been wondering how to care for it.

• @MississippiCatfish good to know! We decided (DH gave in) last night that we are circumcising and I've been wondering how to care for it.
    Both my hospital and pediatrician gave me packets on care and things to look out for. I'm sure yours will as well
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• ShePersistedShePersisted member
    edited June 2017
    By the way I know all the super heros, their aliases, their home towns, their girl friend. And I mean ALL OF THEM.  DS watches some tv but it's amazing how much he has grasped by even watching one episode of avengers Lego. I can tell you all about them in my sleep. I never was that girl but I am that mom for sure! 
  • Something we didn't know to look out for with an uncircumcised penis is a tight foreskin. You are not supposed to pull the foreskin back, but at some point you should be able to retract the skin and have the head pop out. In some boys, like my 4 yr old, the skin is too tight and the foreskin does not retract in the slightest. This will cause him major problems later in life, not just with sex, but with just going pee. The foreskin will balloon and cause pain and the area beneath the foreskin won't dry, causing infections and more issues. So, yes, you are not supposed to pull the foreskin back, but I would at least once a year just to make sure you still can until he is old enough to care for it himself.

And yes, always point down!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Never had penis problems here, so don't be too freaked out! 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Adding that I didn't like Pampers with my son mainly because the mesh lining would stick to his testicles. I had no problem with any other diaper, even store brands, but preferred Huggies and once he started sleeping through the night the only thing that didn't leak for him was the Huggies overnights.
  • My boys are all full of energy! Be ready to be exhausted! (I'm sure girls might be too, but my step daughter is not the same level of energy as my boys) In the younger years, penis care is what you need to know. In the toddler years, the energy level is what you need to know. In the preschool years, buy stock in bandaids and be ready with little ice packs for a lot of skinned knees. In the adolescent years, be ready for the daring, silly, (sometimes stupid), things they will do. I can't offer advice on the teen years. 

But just some general advice, remember you are doing the best you can. Stay off of google. Be prepared to walk away for a few mins to catch your breath. And I won't say enjoy every minute, because you absolutely won't, but cherish the really good moments! Congrats boy moms! 
    I can second this, experiencing it all with two younger brothers. First brother is now 18 and the youngest is now 12. They grow up SO fast and it only feels like yesterday that I was seven and holding my new little brother for the very first time. And now our cousin's son is six months and he's SO big!
    General consensus amongst my family and friends is that boys aren't ready to potty train as early as girls. (Yes, there will always be outliers of boys who are trained at two with zero accidents.) Just wait until he's ready and it will be easier, says the woman who learned that the hard way. 
    Weirdly enough my family thinks it's easier to potty train a boy but YES ABSOLUTELY to waiting until the baby is ready. I was potty trained at two and relapsed HARD at four or five. My younger brother was potty trained around three or four and was perfectly fine, and my youngest brother was potty trained at the same age and relapsed hard until about seven. It really depends on the kid.
    25 - FTM - BF Mom - Using CDs - Blogger and Soap Merchant
    Married for two years to my Honeybear and expecting a little Honeybee on our homestead in Belgium.  <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Something we didn't know to look out for with an uncircumcised penis is a tight foreskin. You are not supposed to pull the foreskin back, but at some point you should be able to retract the skin and have the head pop out. In some boys, like my 4 yr old, the skin is too tight and the foreskin does not retract in the slightest. This will cause him major problems later in life, not just with sex, but with just going pee. The foreskin will balloon and cause pain and the area beneath the foreskin won't dry, causing infections and more issues. So, yes, you are not supposed to pull the foreskin back, but I would at least once a year just to make sure you still can until he is old enough to care for it himself.

And yes, always point down!
    YES to this. I forgot to mention that the foreskin will eventually be able to retract and you need to be careful about tightness. But usually, foreskin issues such as tightness tend to be genetic so if you know men in your family who have that issue you may choose to circumcise (I had a friend do this with her son). Since our family doesn't have a history of these issues neither we nor our cousin chose circumcision. Both my brothers are circumcised though, because my mother preferred it. Different moms, different choices!
    Married for two years to my Honeybear and expecting a little Honeybee on our homestead in Belgium.  <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Above all, boys love their moms and think they are the most beautiful being on the planet. Although the clinginess gets overwhelming sometimes, I would not trade it for anything. 
    Absolutely! Same thing goes if you're an older sister who is significantly older than your brother (I was thirteen when my youngest brother was born). My younger brothers are HUGE mama's boys and my youngest brother is super close with me. His face just lights up when I do my weekly FaceTime home or I come over for a visit! And his daily habit is immediately to jump up and run to the door when my mom comes home so he can give her a big hug. I adore little boys, I'm so happy to be having one of my own.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm just imagining all of your little brothers as uncles to boys and it's making me emotional
  • @tashandma if it makes you feel better I'm really really excited to be having a son but sad not to be having a daughter lol. And this is only my first baby! I just had so many reasons for wanting both haha. But truly, I'm very excited about my son :)

• bcashaw said:
    I'm just imagining all of your little brothers as uncles to boys and it's making me emotional
    Oh no don't start! Now I'm thinking of it! D:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kalenpkalenp member
    @tashandma I feel you! And I don't even know what I'm having! Lol. We are going to be surprised and I have 2 little boys already. I keep seeing cute little baby boy clothes and have to stop myself from buying anything until he/she is here. But it's hard. I keep thinking--- aw if its a girl I'll never get to put her in that one cute outfit the boys wore. But also I would love a girl. 
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• This is on Zulily and I so badly want to get it for the 4th next year! It's a little pricey at $18 which is holding me back but it's SO cute. It's so my style with the seersucker and the sailboats haha.

• 2Dash2Dash member

I always wanted to be a mom of boys and I have two (maybe three?).  But something in me also thought I would have a girl.  Just read this and it made me emotional.  When you hold them you will feel nothing but love and that this child was chosen for you.  I will be sad if I never have a girl but so happy to get to hold one more boy if that's what the cards hold.

https://www.scarymommy.com/being-boy-mom/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge It is really cute! But, don't get it. There's no way to predict what size your baby will be in next summer. He could 8 months old and be in 6 month clothes or 12 month clothes, he could be tiny and in 3 month clothes, or he could be like my DS and already be in 18 or 24 month. It's impossible to tell.

• @kissthesky32 it's sold in 3-6 months and then 6-12 months, I was going to get the latter since baby will be 8-9 months. 

• I wouldn't buy it either. My son was always in clothes double his age. So at 6m, he was already in 12m clothes. It's the reason I've been waiting to buy any clothes above 3m for this baby. He's only 4 and has been in 5 (not even 5T) since around his birthday. At this point, he almost needs size 6 pants because of his height.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cubsfan7 Our DSs should be friends. Mine looks like a monster next to kids his own age.

• @DuchessOfCambridge It is so hard to buy things ahead. I am not saying not to buy it, because if you love it you will have it and aways sell it. That price point does not seem too hight for that type of outfit to me. You could always sell it closer to summer if it will not fit. My daughter always wore a lot bigger for her size because she was tall (and a little chubby until 3). My oldest son wore things pretty true to size but the youngest one is so tiny but has almost caught up at 4 (he weighs 32 lbs).

It is VERY cute!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I was gonna say buy it. It's cute but also EVERYTHING is cute when it's that tiny!