July 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 6/19

For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31

How far along are you? / How old is baby?

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list? 
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 6/19

• For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31

How far along are you? / How old is baby? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Honeydew Melon (according to the ticker) or Papaya (according to TB)

Upcoming appointments this week? I have my weekly check up / check in appointment with my doctor tomorrow. Kind of curious to see what she has to say about my trip to the ER L&D over the weekend lol

Any new symptoms or changes? More cramping than usual - mostly at night and after earing although I eat small meals. Also, last night I had a cramping  & pressure feeling in my crotch region last night that would not go away for the longest time.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I'd love to be able to go to bed and go to sleep without playing "guess which position will work tonight" or taking an hour to actually fall asleep.

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list? Before this past weekend, it was kind of packed (had a couple items) and my check list was next to it but then when I was told to come in & bring my bag with me, I quickly threw other items in it. Now I have to go through and actually organize it.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? / How old is baby? 36 w / 2 d

How big is baby? A papaya, according to the app

Upcoming appointments this week? I have an ultrasound on Thursday to check her position and I assume they will try and estimate her size. 

Any new symptoms or changes? They moved forward with scheduling a C-section scheduled for July 12th. I'll be 39 w / 4 d. Baby is still breech and doctor said due to my size and fluid level it's unlikely she can turn by this point. If she does flip, it will be cancelled. I've made my peace with it. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant 1: Swelling is ugh. It's been humid and near 90 here the last several days which I think is making it worse. It's supposed to cool down this week. I normally love the heat but I HATE this puffy look and the discomfort that comes with it. Rant 2: I seriously am so over the, "my brother's ex sister in law's best friend's second cousin did this to turn her baby" stories. And all the advice I get from people who have never been pregnant on how to turn a breech baby. Enough already. Just stop. 99% of the time my answer is, "I've already done that." Rave (I guess): As much as I have never wanted to have a C-section the 'type A' planner in me secretly loves knowing exactly when this is going to happen. 

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list? Yes and no. I have a toiletry bag I keep pre-packed for trips which has a bunch of stuff already stocked in it. The only other thing I have to pack is my clothes, robe, etc. Baby girl's clothes are already set aside. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? / How old is baby? 37 weeks!

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce or a cute little skunk 

Upcoming appointments this week? Wednesday - cervical check #2. 

Any new symptoms or changes? My pubic bone feels like someone hit it with a hammer. I feel like my pelvis is ripping apart when I move certain ways. 
    ETA - I'm GBS negative - yea! Not that it's too big of a deal but still. Yea!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really. Just hoping July gets here soon bc I want baby to come but I really wanna hold it in until July. July has always been a popular month for days in my family and I'd like for  baby to have it too - and especially if baby is a girl bc my grandma has always told me she would pass down her ruby jewelry to me and I would love to pass it down to my daughter someday. 

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list?
    It's mostly packed. I need to throw in some t-shirts and stuff that I use daily - like my glasses, phone charger and those sort of things. Everything that I still need to toss in is stuff I can grab easily - plus we live right across from the hospital so I should have plenty of time to do that. I have my camera battery charged and my portable phone charger charged and ready to go. 
  • edited June 2017
    How far along are you? How old is baby?  38 weeks

How big is baby? A pumpkin

Upcoming appointments this week? I have a midwife appt at 330 pst today, she is supposed to examine me and hopefully we will schedule my induction for next week.

Any new symptoms or changes? All of them and they run the gambit.  I can start the day in pain, swollen, hysterically crying and end the day feeling perfectly normal.  Or vice versa.  It sucks and I'm so done feeling like a crazy monster.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave-  I've spent 38 weeks with you ladies and I seriously would be an even crazier mess without you all.  Your support and commiseration has meant the world to me.

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list? Mostly.  I bought a fancy hospital gown, and some PJs etc for myself and the baby's stuff is packed.  I need to pack personal care stuff (last minute) and find a semi cute going home outfit for me.  A few things are left on the nursery to do list though...
  • maggiemac15maggiemac15 member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? / How old is baby? 37 weeks

How big is baby? A skunk, haha, according to Ovia 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had a dentist appt. today and now my (already swollen and painful) gums are MORE swollen and painful.  Seeing my OB Friday.  

Any new symptoms or changes? More pressure.  Actually sleeping better, it seems, which amazes me.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? Question:  is everyone getting their cervix checked every week?  My Dr said its up to me, and that some people do and some don't.  She checked mine last week and it was closed.  

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list? Kinda?  I have nursing bras, jammies, a robe, slippers, shower shoes, and underwear (I know I will be wearing the mesh ones, but I'm a habitual underwear over-packer and I just feel better knowing they are there!).  My basic makeup is in its own bag with my other stuff, ready to grab.  Baby's outfits are in a stack, mostly because we cant agree on what to bring!  DH is convinced we're bringing her home in what HE bought her first....an orange onesie saying "I spent 9 months on the inside."  It's also a 6 mo.  I think I'll "misplace" it.....

ETA:  BC duh, I'm 37 weeks. 
  • For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31

How far along are you? / How old is baby How big is baby? 37 weeks, no idea on size since I haven't had a scan since 20 weeks

Upcoming appointments this week? Weekly appt on Friday. My dr hasn't so much as mentioned a cervical check. Is it something I should ask about?

Any new symptoms or changes? Just more pressure and I'm HOT all the time. That could be summer though. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally starting to feel like I'm ready for this kid!!! I know life will be insane with 2 2 year olds and a newborn, but I may actually be able to handle it.

GTKY: Do you have your bag packed & ready to go or is it still on the to-do list? I've thought about packing it. Does that count?
  • @egm2015 - from what it sounds like, some OBs don't even do cervical checks since it doesn't really give you any good indicator on when you'll go into labor. So maybe it's not part of your dr's standard. Or he/she does it starting 38 weeks or something. It doesn't hurt to ask if it's something you should expect though. 
  • @MrsMaggieMac15 regarding your gums, I've had major gum sensitivity and swelling/bleeding since the 2nd trimester. I started using Listerine mouth wash once a day and it went away almost instantly. If I forget for a couple of days it comes back. Re: cervical checks.  I've opted not to have a cervical check at my 36 or 37 week appointments. My doctor said those usually prove to be pointless and there's no reason to put yourself through the discomfort.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sorry I am super late to the party this week!

How far along are you? / How old is baby? 3 days old

How big is baby? 6lbs 10 oz

Upcoming appointments this week? 1 week check up for baby

Any new symptoms or changes? Learning life with a 13 month old and newborn

Rants/Raves/Questions? After 3 days of inconsistent contractions I finally went into labor. They started at around 10 minutes and got to about 3 by the time we were at the hospital I checked in at 3 pm and had a very slow labor. I got the epi but it ran out of medicine at 9 cm and I was fully dilated before the anesthesiologist could make it back for more so I felt all of it. I pushed for about 2 hours and finally she was out. She was sunny side up and her head is all bruised but we are very blessed to have our little girl healthy and breathing perfect. She was born at 37+5 but perfectly healthy and we came home yesterday.