July 2017 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• DH is the same way @plumpous. We went to a horse race last weekend with DH and my FIL and my FIL was disgusted by the fact that not a single person offered me their seat. And I probably wouldn't have accepted it because where would DH and FIL sat. But they both said something to the effect of "what kind of world are we in that a woman 9months pregnant can't get a seat" and STILL not a single person offered. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, I couldn't ask for a seat. I've had a few people ask on my behalf (fellow commuters who were also standing), which I did appreciate. 
  • I have heard ladies ask for a seat 2 times. Once it was super crowded that no one could see her and she was 8 months. Once a lady who wasn't showing but said she was high risk. Nobody got up for her, and I was 6 months pregnant and feeling well, so I called her over, from like the other side of the train. She was in tears. I just couldn't believe it. She clearly needed that seat and everyone heard her. I think I waited a whole minute because I was sure someone would get up. But NOPE. 

BTW, anyone having braxton hicks? I didn't think I was until I saw it on the monitor, and it is gosh darn painful!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm feeling these waves up and down my spine when I move around or climb stairs. It doesn't don't hurt, it just feels like an adrenaline rush! Anyone else? 

I get particularly ticked off when people don't give seats to their elders. It's so ill mannered. If that woman/man is clearly OLD you better get up to give your seat! 
  • I once had a woman at a popular horse race line a bench with nacho chips to prevent me from sitting- told her "sorry, I'm 7 months pregnant and only need 5 minutes to rest." She said she was saving the seat for her friends. And I told her I would get up the second they got there. Well I went to sit on her chips and she tried to pull out the bench from under me. We ended up walking by about an hour later... still no friends. We weren't surprised.
  • OMG^.... what!?
  • @JmUDuuuukes 07 that's crazy! I would have tried to sit on her chips, too. People are so selfish. 
  • BusyZee said:
    I'm feeling these waves up and down my spine when I move around or climb stairs. It doesn't don't hurt, it just feels like an adrenaline rush! Anyone else? 

I get particularly ticked off when people don't give seats to their elders. It's so ill mannered. If that woman/man is clearly OLD you better get up to give your seat! 
    Sounds like you're having mild muscle spasms, but I don't know. That's what mine feel like. I've been having them more lately. 
  • +1 to the waves in my back. I've had them for a couple weeks now. Just feels weird. Sometimes they're combined with BH and abdominal cramping. It's almost time for more babies!! 
  • @julybaby17-2 it was between sitting on them and snacking on them. I mean, I was pregnant and all ;)