August 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday ticker change

I've been missing this the last few weeks...hope no one cares that I post it.

How far along are you & how big is baby?

Upcoming appointments?   

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?   

GTKY: Who is one person you look up to the most? 

Re: Tuesday ticker change

• Options
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   32 weeks....yippeeee!

Upcoming appointments?   Hematology yesterday and regular OB friday

Symptoms?  Major Charlie horses

Cravings?  Watermelon and starchy foods

Rants/Raves/Questions?   Weight gain has been seriously crazy the last few weeks. My goal was to gain a bit less this time around and I thought I was doing good...but now...not so much

GTKY: Who is the one person you look up to the most? 
    When my grandpa was alive he was definitely #1. He's been gone 3 years and it still hurts horribly. He just always had such level headed advice. Now I would probably say my mom. We are very close.
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    32 weeks. Landon is as big as a "naked-tailed armadillo."
    Upcoming appointments?   
    I have my 32 week check up on Friday.
    Symptoms?  
    This week has been fun symptom wise! First off, my boobs started leaking. That was quite a surprise! Also, it's starting to get hard to sleep. I constantly have to pee and my back hurts!
    Cravings?  
    lemonade, burgers, ice cream, snickers....EVERYTHING!!! (I really got to keep up with my exercise plan!)
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    What "pregnancy perk" are you most taking advantage of? Example: not following dress code at work (I wear slippers and flip flops when not in front of clients or manufacturers), parking in expectant mother spots at the store, etc.  

I look up to my dad. He raised my sister and I when my mother couldn't (she is severely bi-polar and refuses to take medication or go to counseling/ gave up custody of us when we were 2/4). He took us to all our ballet recitals, was the classroom mom/ field trip mom throughout elementary school, and literally taught us how to be strong-independent women.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ill play

32 weeks

Upcoming appointments?   Ultrasound on Friday to check size, and OB appointment next thursday.  

Symptoms?  I tend to get uncomfortable a lot easier, and Ive been feeling very tight.  I think I just need to keep stretching.  

Cravings?  Ice cream, I could eat it every day and not be sad.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?   I cant believe Im 8 weeks away from my due date.  I feel like time is flying.  We have a ton of stuff going on the next few weekends.  Childbirth class this weekend, maternity shoot the next, plus an infant CPR class.  Then we have the 4th of july weekend, with a breast feeding class, then festivities for the 4th.  We have our shower the weekend after that!  I seriously cant wait for it all to be over. I just want to spend quality time with DH for the last few weekends before we become a family of 3.  

GTKY: Who is one person you look up to the most?  This is a hard question.  I feel like I look up to my parents, but not for everything.  I feel like I even look up to DH for parts of my life. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @littlebug2010 you are one busy mama! 
  • Options
    @tova24 I feel like I havent been up until now, and suddenly everything is happening at once! thankfully our week nights a relatively free! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @littlebug2010 I feel like these weeks are show how shorter! I have been slowly chipping away at my to do list, but I now feel the pressure of crunch time! 
  • Options
    @tova24
    First, I love the name Landon. Second, I'm jealous that you've decided and can already use it. At this rate....we won't have a name. Our 2 year old has suggested "baby." And I'm almost willing to just go with it. Lol

Naming the second kid is so much harder then the first!
  • Options
    @tova24 I think we must have posted at almost the same time, becuase I didnt even see your ticker change until now.  As for perks, I think the biggest one for me is my DH not minding me spending money on pedicures.  Though him offering to do my nails was sweet, and he did a good job!  I havent parked in any special spots, but thats mostly becuase there arent a lot of parking lots in Boston! Work also doesnt have a dress code, but I have been enjoying the flexible work from home policy, and staying home any day its over 80 outside! 

@belmont1785 I think naming is hard in general.  Dh and I have a name picked out, but are still going in with a couple others just in case the name just doesnt fit.  We arent telling anyone, though, and my mom already almost ruined our front runner.  We told her we weren't going to tell anyone anything about names, and then she started saying all these names she hated, and our number 1 pick was one of them.  We decided to not let that get us down, but it was so annoying.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @belmont1785 Landon was the first name I thought of and really loved. Now when it comes to the middle name, that's another story. I keep going back and forth between 2 names! 

@littlebug2010 that is so sweet that he offered to do your nails! That's a keeper!
  • Options
    @tova24 DH is pretty awesome.  He did a really good job too! I was super impressed! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @tova24 I love expectant mother parking. I wish every store would have it! I feel like I have tried to keep doing things myself without help for as long as I can, but now it's to the point that the baggers at Publix won't even let me say no when they ask if I need help getting my groceries to my car!

@belmont1785I am a photographer & do school portraits at daycares - if you went with 'Baby' it wouldn't be the first time (or even the second...) I have heard it used as a first name!!  :D

30 weeks - together, the twins are the size of a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake

Upcoming appointments?   
    Regular OB appointment Thursday. 2 weeks ago my ultrasound showed my cervix was short on one side, so really hoping to hear it's not shortening more! I want these girls to keep cooking!

Symptoms?  
    So uncomfortable all the time. Baby B is hanging out high up under my rib cage, so sitting down is really a challenge. Also insomnia (I just want to sleeeep) and the worst circulation in my hands.

Cravings?  
    Was craving a cinnamon roll w/ cream cheese frosting for over a week and gave in yesterday... it was heavenly!

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    My DH has been so sweet & supportive this past week - MIL just moved in with us to help us care for the twins this fall so I can go back to work, and she has been stressing me out. She insists that I shouldn't be doing any twisting/bending/lifting/standing for more than a few mins and keeps insisting every pregnancy symptom I have could be SUPER SERIOUS (every BH contraction is followed by 'did it stop? Did you have any others? Are they at regular intervals?'). DH has stopped it every time he sees it's upsetting me and takes me somewhere private so we can talk through what's bugging me. It makes me feel SO lucky he gets me.

Probably my mom. She drives me crazy sometimes, but she is the most resilient person I know. She has been through so much hardship since she and my dad divorced, and it amazes me that she's been able to put together the life she's always wanted after all she suffered through.
  • Options
     30 weeks! Time is flying. 

Upcoming appointments?   
    tuesday after next and Then I'll start going every 2 weeks witch seems insane...

Symptoms?  
    Restless legs and HANDS, it's getting so bad  Ives been waking up kicking my legs (have unknowingly givin DH a few shin bruises) also insane heartburn, I never had heartburn or acid reflux with my other 3 so this is a new experience... 

Cravings?  
    Yes anything with a chalky texture i.e. Tums and rolaides I know it could be a sign that my iron is low and actually have a blood draw at my next appointment, though I haven't wanted to eat actual chalk the texture is heavenly so instead of eating tons of antacids  (since that can inhibit iron absorption) to satisfy the chalky texture craving I have got creative and two thinks that help are the white candy sticks in the fun dip candys and also pezz candies 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    I'm starting to majorly stress about crunch time before baby gets here, there is so much to do (non-baby related) around the house and outside that I wanted done before baby gets here so we can just relax this fall and enjoy baby

GTKY:
    i would have to choose my mom. Very strong woman, and my absolute best friend. 

Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!