February 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: How did you tell your SO the news?

Since we (hopefully) will be together for the next 9 months+, let's get to know each other! 

How did you tell your SO / how are you planning on telling your SO?

Re: GTKY: How did you tell your SO the news?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm ordering custom onesies for SIL3's baby as part of her shower gift. I'm adding an extra onesie to the order that says "Baby Lastname". No one in small town America will think it's for us because SIL3 has the same last name. I'll give it to him on Fatjer's Day with his other gift from our girls. 
  • Options
    justme04justme04 member
    edited June 2017
    I went straight from the bathroom positive stick in hand walked to the living room, approached DH sitting on the couch and showed it to him. 

I've never been creative at sharing the news. Then again we had spent a whole day talking about how I was late and what life would be like with a 4th child...essentially talking about it like it had already been confirmed. I'm only late if I'm pregnant...lol.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With IVF there is a lot of magic lost. I showed DH the positive test at 6 or 7 days past 5d day transfer and he was like that's good. But we have had 2 chemicals so he has been very cautious about getting excited. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • Options
    I called him and casually told him over the phone. He didn't believe me at first.
  • Options
    mpp06mpp06 member
    I had been having weird hot flashes so I took one and much to my surprise, positive! He was grocery shopping so when he came home I showed him and asked, "am I reading this wrong?". He said, no you're right, it's negative. Lol! He saw one line and assumed there should be two if positive. Nope! He was just as shocked as I was!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    He was outside watering the garden (irony) and I saw the second line pop up. I ran downstairs with the test and sobbed/choked/laughed as I shoved it at him, with shaking hands. Then we cried together lol. We are thrilled.
  • Options
    He was outside watering the garden (irony) and I saw the second line pop up. I ran downstairs with the test and sobbed/choked/laughed as I shoved it at him, with shaking hands. Then we cried together lol. We are thrilled.
    Thats funny, Pretty much exactly the same story. He was outside watering the garden and I basically just handed it to him and started crying. haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm ordering custom onesies for SIL3's baby as part of her shower gift. I'm adding an extra onesie to the order that says "Baby Lastname". No one in small town America will think it's for us because SIL3 has the same last name. I'll give it to him on Fatjer's Day with his other gift from our girls. 
    Wait...so you haven't told him yet?! Wow, you're stronger than I could be! 
  • Options
    I woke him up after 6 hours of sleep "to tell him something important." He thought someone had died. Nope, opposite! 
  • Options
    I am not creative with this stuff at all! And I have no willpower to keep it from him! The second I saw the word pregnant I walked into the living room and showed him! We are both so excited! I had taken 2 tests within the week of the positive that were both negative but I just felt like I was actually pregnant!
  • Options
    Joon+Joon+ member
    I woke up feeling bloated and crampy and mentioned it offhand to H.  His response was, "maybe you're pregnant".  Cue me taking the test and trying to explain that even a faint line is a definite yes

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I had done the early tests that both were negative, so I wasn't too sure I was pregnant. I had even mentioned that I didn't think I was a few times. So then on the day I was supposed to start my period, I randomly tested after DH went to work. Sure enough it was positive. I didn't truly believe so I did ask my March '16 group and they all helped me believe it was positive. I still picked up another test, and this one was more convincing to me. I wanted to get a shirt for DD that said Big Sister, but we didn't cross paths until I got home from work afte 8pm. So I put the tests in a box and told him I got him an early Father's Day gift. I have it recorded and it's very cute. He is very happy as it took 18 months to get pregnant with DD. 
  • Options
    RSainiRSaini member
    I was actually watching my one year old run around my living room and I kept falling asleep so I knew something was up. Luckily DH came home from work and I decided to take a test and yup turned out to be positive. I did have to explain that a line is a line even if it's very faint. Lol
  • Options
    RSainiRSaini member
    I had done the early tests that both were negative, so I wasn't too sure I was pregnant. I had even mentioned that I didn't think I was a few times. So then on the day I was supposed to start my period, I randomly tested after DH went to work. Sure enough it was positive. I didn't truly believe so I did ask my March '16 group and they all helped me believe it was positive. I still picked up another test, and this one was more convincing to me. I wanted to get a shirt for DD that said Big Sister, but we didn't cross paths until I got home from work afte 8pm. So I put the tests in a box and told him I got him an early Father's Day gift. I have it recorded and it's very cute. He is very happy as it took 18 months to get pregnant with DD. 
    This is so cute! Congrats @BrittaniLC!
  • Options
    With our first I quickly put the tests in a box and filmed him opening it and it was all very cute. This time I took the test while he was at work late, which he hardly ever does. I had to wait 5 hours to tell him and it was so hard for me, haha. I'm not very patient. I'm always so impressed by people that can wait and plan elaborate surprises!
    DD - 4.15.16
  • Options
    Hubby bought me the tests on the way from work and stood outside the door while I took them lol
  • Options
    I was showing him the mom and me photos I got back from the photographer and he swiped too far left on my phone and saw the picture I had sent my gf.Whoops
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    I'm 0/3 in cute announcements. This time I sent him a picture the digital and send.... "so this happened". It's safe to say this LO is a surprise haha. 
  • Options
    I'm ordering custom onesies for SIL3's baby as part of her shower gift. I'm adding an extra onesie to the order that says "Baby Lastname". No one in small town America will think it's for us because SIL3 has the same last name. I'll give it to him on Father's Day with his other gift from our girls. 
    Wait...so you haven't told him yet?! Wow, you're stronger than I could be! 
    I told him tonight! I picked up the onesie order and he'll be gone for Father's Day. Peed on a fresh stick (more expensive than the strip tests I used earlier so he'd know what he was looking at) and the Baby Lastname onesie. His response was "I WAS RIGHT! Is (girl name) still on the table?"  
  • Options
    Love these stories!!! 

I walked up to my husband and said "I'm going to tell you something. Act happy."

Of course he is happy, but he also has the typical male provider/financial thing going. 

This is our second and we worked very hard the first time to clear away a lot of marital garbage and so glad we did. 

I am rambling!
  • Options
    ladyfiona11ladyfiona11 member
    edited June 2017
    I told home he was getting the big snip as soon as we get the insurance for his new job. Needless to say this is our very unplanned 3rd baby. Baby just laughed at that birth control. 
  • Options
    So fun reading everyone's stories! I tested early but couldn't resist. After the appropriate amount of time I peeked in on my test and saw the faintest second line. I couldn't believe it! I didn't really feel like it was going to happen for us this month. I told my hub and he basically tackled me and was laughing/tearing up. This scared my daughter and she started to cry. We comforted her, she quickly recovered, and we enjoyed the moment together! 
  • Options
    You guys all have cute romantic stories.
    My husband went out drinking Friday so I took the test and texted him the results he texted this back:
    :smiley:

I think he's waiting for ultrasound and numbers to be good before the excitement comes.
  • Options
    My almost 3 yr old met him at the door when he got home from work with a pee stick in her hand and screamed "daddy there's a baby in mommies tummy". He laughed and said to me "you trust her to keep a secret"
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    @keshupe29 YOu may want to update your ticker. It says you're 192 weeks and 1 day pregnant. LOL
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I'm 0/3 in cute announcements. This time I sent him a picture the digital and send.... "so this happened". It's safe to say this LO is a surprise haha. 
    Ha! Same. I've never done cute or creative announcements. I'm just like "Hey! So, I took a test. I'm pregnant."/ or something similar. When I announced my last pregnancy on FB, I was all "So...if anyone has cloth diapers they no longer need, I'll take them." Lol. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    keshupe29keshupe29 member
    edited June 2017
    Lol ya. Crap. Being THAT pregnant would suck! Thanks for the reminder
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options