August 2017 Moms

GTKY 6/11 - Your BFP Story

edited June 2017 in August 2017 Moms
Tell us your Big Fat Positive (BFP) story! 

Re: GTKY 6/11 - Your BFP Story

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsmatt1212 We call our little dude our christmas present.  There is a chance that he was conceived under the tree!  (yes I was decorated before thanksgiving! Im a crazy Christmas lady)
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @tova24 What a rollercoaster ride!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @SpotConlon it really has been! But l wouldn't change it anyway! 
  • In November, I had a weird cycle, which NEVER happens. I started about a week early, at night (I always start in the morning), and it lasted 1 day and was super light. I decided it must be implantation bleeding. Waited a few days, tested...negative. 

Waited another week, still negative. Got a BFP about 2 weeks after that. 

When i I went in for my dating ultrasound, I was still thinking what happened in November was implantation bleeding. Nope. It was a period 

I thought I was 10 weeks. I was only 6. 
  • Mine is pretty boring. I was charting and started using wondfo tests around day 7 because I'm a crazy person. Got a faint positive 10dpo then continued to test each day after until I was sure it was real. After dropping DS off at school, I went to the baby consignment store next door and found a big brother shirt and texted a pic to DH. On Christmas we had the shirt wrapped up and had DS help my mom open it. 
  • It took us 20 months to get pregnant with DS and 15 months to get pregnant with this one.  So while we were actively trying it was still a surprise. My period was on the later side but the previous few months they had been irregular so it was nothing for me to get excited about.  I bought a cheep HPT because after so many months I refused to spend money on the expensive ones. But to my surprise it was a BFP.  I told DH when he came home from work and he was shocked.  November was a busy months with a stream of visitors so we only did the BD once in the fertile window and I woke him up to do it.  I think he had forgotten about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I have been blessed both times when TTC. DD was conceived within the first month of trying, and - it turns out - this LO was the same. After having a few friends who have had enormous difficulties, and after reading some of the posts above, my and DH's blessings are not lost on me.

This time around, DH and I decided to start TTC after my November period. At the beginning of December, I was extremely sick with bad cold/flu-like symptoms. It was really aggressive (and a nasty cough had come along with it), so while I was hoping it was pregnancy, I wasn't entirely sure so I went to a walk-in clinic to get a urine test and check-up. Urine was negative for pregnancy, so he had me go to the emergency for further testing a day or so later. I had blood taken to confirm the non-pregnancy, and - once confirmed - I was given a chest x-ray which showed potential pneumonia OR a blood clot (I have a family history of clotting). I then had an ECG, and angio-CT scan to rule out the blood clot, and once pneumonia was confirmed, I was put on a high dose of strong anti-biotics.

Period time rolled around, and Aunt Flo never showed up. This was super weird for me, but we blamed it on the anti-biotics and the stress of the pneumonia. On Christmas Eve, when it really hadn't shown up, DH and I grabbed a couple of tests and tested before we went to church. After I peed on the first digital test, I gave it to DH to hold while I went to grab a glass of water to take the next test. I got back downstairs and he turned to me and was like "ummm ... we're pregnant". I bawled (joy, fear, everything), and he was super thrilled; he couldn't believe he was the one telling me this time around. 
  • @HappyToBeHere I was so stressed out that I had all that imaging done and took meds that were not safe. The first ultrasound was the biggest relief. So crazy how it came back negative for both of us and we were having stupid medical issues. I just kept telling myself people go through whole pregnancies with no prenatal care and taking drugs/drinking. 
  • @HappyToBeHere I was so stressed out that I had all that imaging done and took meds that were not safe. The first ultrasound was the biggest relief. So crazy how it came back negative for both of us and we were having stupid medical issues. I just kept telling myself people go through whole pregnancies with no prenatal care and taking drugs/drinking. 
    You're so right. Panic set in immediately; I had had wine with our office staff lunch and at our company Christmas party, drinks at dinner with friends, etc. throughout December. It turns out there's an "all or none" phase during the first 9-14 days after conception (or something like that), whereby anything that risks the pregnancy will encourage an undetected miscarriage by the time the next period rolls around. 
  • @Mango517 - that is too cool!
  • @MetsGirl18
    Congrats on your rainbow baby! Isn't it amazing what the body is capable of with healing? TW---- my close friend also had an ectopic pregnancy and tube loss, but it wasn't detected until she was 11 weeks pregnant. end TW--- As soon as they were able to try again, she got pregnant and went on to have a healthy and normal baby boy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well I had my daughter August 2016 before getting pregnant with her we had a miscarriage and so weren't trying. She was my rainbow baby and once I gave birth to her I was put on birth control after my 6 weeks and I was taking the pill after doc gave us the ok and I was taking my pills everyday and my periods were regular until November it was irregular again I did not put much attention to it since they had been irregular since the miscarriage and being pregnant. Then december came my birthday and DH said what do you want to do for your birthday? I started crying and told him nothing I am getting old and I am a mommy now, I do not feel like going no where. He just took me to dinner and he said if I wanted to drink and I told him no I just want to go home back to baby girl. At first I thought I had post par tum depression the way I was feeling. Once Christmas came I was like well maybe my period must be super late. That is when DH insisted that my hormones were all over the place and that it was time to take a test. So I went to the dollar store because I was like I am not pregnant and why waste money on a pregnancy test when it is going to come negative. I went home and took it and came out to be positive. I started bawling my eyes out in the restroom and felt guilty for just having my DD in August and here I am pregnant again and i just wanted to wait for her to get past a year. I called my OBGYN to double check that I was and sure enough he says congrats you are having twins I about fell and he said jk just one and here I am 30 weeks pregnant tomorrow and will be having my next baby a week after my daughters first birthday which I am praying it cooks until we get her 1st birthday. I keep getting told 2nd one comes quicker which I am scared to be honest. Sorry this was long.
  • NxyNxy member
    @emmeline714 from my experience most people just mean the second one comes quicker in terms of the duration of labor not overall gestation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy i sure hope so because I want this baby to come after DD's first birthday then my cousin teases me and says you will probably pop this child on her birthday and I just can't do that to my daughter. I already feel like why did it have to happen the same month but only God knows why.
  • I was driving through a school zone going from 40 mph to 15 mph, and when slowing down I got really dizzy. Thought there was something wrong but thought nothing of it (lo and behold it was me being positive for alpha thalassemia). That same week I would come home after work exhausted and knock out on the couch when typically I'd be working out.

So my dear friend tells me she's pregnant and I congratulate her. After telling her what was up with me she told me take a pregnancy test (bec she knew we had been trying too for 5 months)....LOL ohhh wow we're pregnant! those were total positive symptoms hahaha. Told DH later and he was surprised. WOoo! So me and my friend are pregnant together...very awesome experience.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @dma0389 my friend and I are pregnant at the same time too (due dates are 1 day apart). It's super fun because we can complain to each other, bounce ideas off of each other, shop together!  
  • NxyNxy member
    boxerbabylove
    BabyFruit Ticker