Pregnant after IF

Second Trimester Check-in Week of June 12 **NEW LEADER NEEDED**

latershraderlatershrader member
edited June 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

**I will be moving on to the 3rd Tri board next week so if anyone can take over, please let me know! Thanks!!**

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list! 

Mommies to be:
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with 1 girl!
@latershrader  EDD 9/12/17 with 1 boy!
@Kp214 EDD 9/25/17 with 1 boy!
@emilye13 EDD 9/28/17 with 1 girl!
@emgem819 EDD 10/5/17 with TWIN girls!
@ChocolateIsLife EDD 10/21/17 with 1 girl!
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Joslynj11
 EDD 10/26/17 with 1 girl!
@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17 with TWINS!
@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17 with 1 boy!
@sasha92-2 EDD 11/08/17 with 1 bean!
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with 1 girl!
@srh18  EDD 10/6 with TRIPLETS!!
@hibiscus118  EDD 11/11 with 1 bean!
@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with 1 bean!

QOTW: What are your pregnancy cravings? If you haven't had any cravings, then what are your pregnancy indulgences (food or otherwise)?
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: Second Trimester Check-in Week of June 12 **NEW LEADER NEEDED**

• So, this will be my last week on the 2nd trimester board. I officially hit the 3rd Tri next Tuesday, but I think I'll move over there next week. Can't wait! It was a busy but good week. This week will be more of the same. We are getting closer and closer to launching this new software at work. This week I have give training to all of our staff. I'm so nervous! I hate public speaking! Once this project is over I will feel so much more ready to deal w/ baby stuff.

The nursery is officially painted. We were also gifted our stroller by my dad. So that arrived. This week will be getting everything up into his room. I'm super excited! When will you guys install the carseat and have it inspected?

I have a regular OB appt next Monday. Then the MFM on Thursday. I also go see my new primary care (a family doctor!) tomorrow. We're going to get the Tdap shot and talk about to the new doc about pediatric stuff. 

Gosh, this is going FAST! So excited!

QOTW: I have been craving watermelon. All day every day. I don't eat it that often, but i do love it. I'm really trying to curb the sugar intake, so it's hard. The good thing (remember, I'm a plus size mom) is that I have lost weight in pregnancy. I'm sure I'll gain in the 3rd tri, and shouldn't lose anymore. But I'm glad I haven't gained anything in the first and second tri!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• @latershrader thanks for leading, we'll see you soon in the third tri!! With my daughter I had my husband install the car seat base around 30 weeks. More paranoia as I'd had a few friends go early but it was good to get that done. I'll probably do the same this time.

20 weeks here, can just feel kicks from the outside! I'm so antsy to get set for this baby, my daughter starts preschool two mornings a week in sept (sob!) and I'd love to use that time as final prep and just cleaning clothes etc, so this summer is for all the big stuff. Husbands motivation doesn't match mine though haha so I'm impatiently waiting for his help ;)

QOTW lemons. Lemonade, lemon popsicles. Spicy chicken. I want ALL the sweets but I'm really trying to be good. My daughter was almost 9lbs and I'm a smaller person and had complications with my uterus not contracting after delivery due to that. This boy is also measuring big so that's enough to (try) to keep me healthy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @latershrader Another thanks to helping lead the board for the past few weeks! Congrats on making it to the next milestone, 3rd tri is so exciting!! You'll be meeting your baby before you know it :)

20+4 today with a little girl (Riley Charlize) and man I have been so tired and excited to start a new week. DH and I have been hosting for the past week and a half and we are so happy to have an empty house again! We invited my youngest brother up for a graduation present since we missed his and we have been ripping and running every day it feels like since he came. It was nice but it was hard keeping our pantry up with the appetite of a 18 year old! Needless to say we will be taking it easy this week. I hope we finally have time to go register baby girl!

QOTW: I think I am really just into everything Italian with this LO. I mean I could eat pizza 5 days a week for lunch and dinner haha  :D Oh and I LOOOOOOVE everything sweet. I have slowed down on them in recent weeks but when I started I had a donut a day for about a month!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    **from 3rd tri**
    Woohoo!! @latershrader  Super excited for you!!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Happy Monday!
    17w4d over here. I am SO excited for our anatomy scan this Friday. Despite having PGS testing done, I'll feel so much better telling people we're expecting a girl once we get it confirmed this week on the ultrasound. Plus, it's been about 6 weeks since we've seen her! I miss watching our little jumping bean! The day after the ultrasound we're hosting our "Name Reveal" party. I'll be sure to share pictures (and the name) of our little miss. :)

Question for those who did PIO: Is your ass still sore? Like, I stopped the shots around week 10. 7 weeks later and the injection sites are still a bit sore if I press on them. Maybe lingering scar tissue?

QOTW: My food cravings are generated based off of what I see/smell other people eating. Even on TV! I probably say "mmm that looks good" at least once a day, lol!
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2017
    @latershrader thanks for leading this thread and congrats on moving to 3rd trimester next week! <3

21w3d here, and had such a busy weekend! Had to get my tires fixed which was $500 that we didn't have budgeted.  :| It feels good to have a fresh set of tires on the car now though. We have been dissecting our spending habits and realized that we have just been throwing money away on unnecessary things, so we are hunkering down the remainder of the pregnancy and getting frugal. Other than that, nothing much going on here. I get cramps pretty much after walking for 5 minutes, but OB said its normal. I have a follow up to my AS next Wednesday, and I can't wait. I'm hoping that the placenta has migrated north so that I can go back to normal activities, and I really hope that when they check her kidneys that everything is functioning properly. Its been on my mind. Happy Monday ladies.

ETA I forgot to answer the QOTW! Seriously want apples with peanut butter all the time. And have been craving a medium rare steak. Right now I want a cheese pizza so bad that I might just find a way to make it happen.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @latershrader also if no one else has already volunteered, I can start the Second Trimester check in. I just need to research some good QOTWs. I used to always get nervous I would ask something lame when I did it in the 1st trimester thread.  :D
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife Thanks for volunteering! I really appreciate it!! As for QOTW, I have come up with some on my own or use some of the other boards for inspiration. I also hope your placenta is more where it should be and all is well w/ your LO! Fingers crossed!

@LeFemmeViolette Hope your naming party goes well! Sounds like fun!

@Joslynj11 Glad you have your house to yourself! I know how that feels after having family live with us for YEARS!!

@PolythenePam I am antsy too! Can't wait to get this LO's room all ready and have everything in place, but mostly so I can stop worrying that I won't get it all done! LOL!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Kp214Kp214 member
    edited June 2017
    @latershrader yay for graduating the 3rd trimester!  

Afm, I'm 25 weeks today with a little boy. I think I'm really showing, even more than a couple of days ago. Also, in the last week and a half, we've spent almost $1000 trying to repair my car. It's been intermittently stalling. No one can figure it out, so it looks like I'll be buying another one.@chocolateIsLife I understand car repairs being unexpected and not budgeted.  On a brighter note, we've narrowed down our list of names to (in no particular order)

Alexander
    Atlas ( as a middle name)
    Gabriel
    Julian
    Christian

QOTW: no cravings, just food I can stand the thought of eating. I'm on my fourth day of eating BBQ and pasta salad for lunch and dinner. Before that it was Arby's roast beef sandwiches with horsey sauce. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• I love all these boy names! I had a really good one picked out. Like literally, all other names just didn't wow me until I came across: Wilder. I had even thought about possibly naming our girl Wilder, but I dont think hubby would have liked it. Plus, if we do end up having a boy next, what will I call him? Wilder 2? LOL

<3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife this is my first week posting in 2nd tri (yay!!), can you add me when you take over next week? My due date is 12/8

@LeFemmeViolette i feel like it was a good 6 weeks after I stopped PIO before my hips felt even close to normal again. I stopped right around our first beta. 

So excited to join the 2nd tri!! I'm 14+3 with one little boy. We were lucky that our first IVF attempt worked, but sadly, had no embryos to freeze, so this little guy is probably it for us.

Next appt is the 29th with OB. I think it's just to check in and make sure my urine is protein free? Honestly not sure what it's for. Haha

QOTW: i will second watermelon. All the fruit really, and all the carbs.....well all the everything. I have had zero aversions. I never really ate much before being pregnant, so this being hungry all the time thing is actually super annoying. I've never had to plan my life around food....but I guess this is just preparation for my life revolving around a demanding little human. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi Ladies! I'm a little late to the party this week! Been a hectic week so far! I'm pregnant with one (15 weeks 6 days) and due November 30th. I have a doctor's appointment today. Just a checkup, no u/s.

My doctor recently upped my levothyroxine again. My level was 2.7 on my last test and I was taking 75mcg. They increased me to 100mcg last week, and I am already feeling the difference. I really hope this does the trick and I don't have to go up again. I started at 50mcg and it seems like every time they raise the dose, the level is stabilized for a month or two and then it starts to go up. Very frustrating! They said the level might stabilize on its own after I have the baby, but until then the medication is necessary. 

As for my cravings, I NEEDED a bean and cheese burrito with green salsa yesterday! I grew up in CA, so Mexican food is my vice. The craving was so strong that I went to the store right away to get the ingredients. I had one for lunch and dinner yesterday...with a salad and lots of water of course! :smiley:

@latershrader I am also a plus size mom and have been really worried about gaining too much during pregnancy. I get really frustrated sometimes because I lost this weight before and was at a healthy weight for about 6 years. I went from 305 pounds to 165 (I'm 5'8), and I was a healthy weight when I first started trying to have a baby several years ago, but the weight just slowly crept back on over the years and I am up in the 260s now. I have not lost anything during this pregnancy, but also have not gained anything so far, which I think is good. However, my belly is noticeably bigger now, so the weight is obviously transferring! :blush: What have you been doing diet and exercise-wise? 

@LeFemmeViolette I am super jealous that you are having an anatomy scan at 17 weeks! My doctor's office originally had mine scheduled at the end of July, which would be about 23 weeks for me. I got them to move it up a week and a half, so now it is around 21 weeks. They said they don't like to do them too early because they want to make sure they can see everything, but it seems like other places do them earlier. Oh well! :neutral: Is your scan a special situation or do they always do them around this time at your doctor's office?

@PoeMasque Welcome to the second trimester! I just arrived last week. It was such a relief to go from first to second trimester! I was so nervous the entire time! :smile: How are you feeling? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Jeansis Nope- I don't think its a special situation. That's just the timeframe they scheduled it. I'll actually be 18w1d at the time of the scan. Two more days! Time seems like it's just getting slower the last few days, haha!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jeansis I am not eating at all like I used to before gettign PG. I just can't eat as much, nor do I want to. Especially now, I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Maybe cause I don't have as much room? I am also walking daily. Just to keep moving and get a little exercise. Otherwise, haven't done much. I lost 13lbs in my first trimester but have gained a bit of that back. I'm still lower than my pregnancy weight though. So my docs are all happy.
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Hey! 27 weeks + 5 days with my girl. Checking in late because I just got back from our baby moon! We spent 4 lovely days in San Diego and it was awesome :)
    This is also my last week in the 2nd trimester group- actually, I turn 28 weeks on Friday! I am really excited but also bracing myself for what I know might be a more challenging 12 weeks. 

QOTW: I havent had any real cravings that I think are that different from non-pregnancy. I have an ongoing affinity for pad thai, but that love affair started long ago :)
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Ugh what a crazy week I'm just checking in!  19 weeks today with the nugget, anatomy scan a week from Friday and hopefully we get to see a little something to find out if it's a he or a she.  Our family is driving us crazy with "don't you know what you're having? Don't you want to find out? Why can't they tell you yet? Why didn't you do the blood tests?" Ugggghhhhh lol.  It's especially targeted now cause our cousin is due around the same time I am, and they had an abnormal NT scan, so they did more testing and found out early through that.  DH's relatives are starting to side-eye me like they think I don't want to find out and they think that's crazy, so I'm getting more grief than seems warranted.  You'd think they'd understand "we don't want to do any more testing than our doctors deem necessary for a healthy pregnancy," but my MIL is starting to hint that maybe my doctors aren't very good (um, no. I've been with the same practice since I was 17 years old, they're fantastic). 

QOTW: Avocado. I mean, I normally like avocado, but in stuff, guacamole or on a taco or a burger or something, but lately I've been eating entire avocados just straight out of the skin with a spoon.  And I want All The Carbs.  As for aversions, chicken is like, beyond disgusting right now, which I think is fairly common.  Up til a few weeks ago, I could handle fried chicken or wings, as long as the flavors were strong, but now all of it makes me gag.  I also can't handle anything mild in flavor; everything I eat has to be super salty or sweet or whatever.  There is zero subtlety in my diet these days.
  • @Jeansis Thanks for the welcome, it feels really good to be past the first trimester! I'm feeling great, having some afternoon headaches, but I figured out they go away if I go for a walk, so now I have no excuse for being lazy! haha
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • srh18srh18 member
    Hey everyone!! 

I'm 17+5 with my three boys! We're up to having 2 scans per week due to the concerns with blood flow/possible TTTS, but got some hopefully good news on Monday that they now think the issue is not TTTS-related. Basically, TTTS is a placenta abnormality where a vein connects to an artery, but they think we have an abnormality with an artery to artery connection, which doesn't usually end up as an issue at all. So feeling happy and hopeful about that! My boys are otherwise doing great, sizes and heartbeats are perfect. 

QOTW--No real cravings or aversions, but I've had this weird texture thing a few times where I've put food into my mouth and started chewing and then had to spit it out because I just couldn't force myself to swallow. Sounds weird, I don't know if it's normal, but it's foods I love usually (eggs, a hamburger, cooked carrots). I'm just very hungry all the time. :)

@latershrader congrats on graduating to 3rd tri!! So exciting. 

@LeFemmeViolette good luck at your AS Friday! Definitely keep us updated about your name reveal party-sounds so fun!

@ChocolateIsLife thanks for taking over the board!

@PoeMasque welcome and congrats on moving into 2nd tri!!
  • EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
    edited June 2017
    @latershrader Congrats on graduating to 3rd tri. 
    @PoeMasque Welcome!
    @ChocolateIsLife Thanks so much for volunteering to lead us!
    @LeFemmeViolette She looks perfect. I'm so glad the scan went well. 

I'm 25 wks 2 days with my little lady, who has passed the viability threshold and kicks me on a regular basis now--especially morning and night--to announce her presence. Woohoo! I can't believe I'm over 6 months pregnant. My next appt is 6/21. DH and I are working on registry and figuring out furniture for the nursery this weekend. If anyone else is considering painting their nursery, we just found out that Sherwin Williams is doing a massive paint sale starting tomorrow through 7/4. Not sure if it's nationwide, but worth a look!

QOTW: Add me to the fruit craving party. Berries in particular are my personal heaven right now. That and spicy food, which is utterly masochistic on my part given that I still get daily awful heartburn. But a baby wants what she wants, I suppose.