Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Weekly Check-In 6/12

kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: What shows/movies/books are you currently binging?

Re: IF/Testing Weekly Check-In 6/12

• Loading the player...
  • lundlund member
    @kiwi2628 Hopefully the hot flashes are a good sign that the clomid is doing it's job! I'm so excited for your IUI this cycle <3

@leekat14 I should probably know this, but is this your first IVF cycle?

@laurad75 looking for DE must be a strange ordeal, and I hope it's not too hard on you. Is YH helping with that side of things?
  • @lund Eh TBH I'm not even sure if it's a "thing" or not, or if there is even an option to choose! When my RE told me that was my next step before IUI, I kinda went down the Google rabbit hole, hence all the questions  :#
  • @adirat Makes sense re: both Xanax & oil vs. water. 

@kiki75 @WillRunForWine21 My friend who had an HSG done last year said pretty much the same thing, slightly uncomfortable, but not too bad. She just thought it was really cool watching the dye shoot out. 
  • @tamalahoops as much as we wish this was not the case, of course we are here and would love to have you. Take care of yourself and know that we are here for crying, yelling, screaming, breaking things, finishing bottles, wherever your grief takes you. So many hugs
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @tamalahoops Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear that.  My love tit is a huge hug. I can't imagine the grief and sorrow you and YH must be enduring right now.  It sucks to have to go here, but we're here with open arms and anything you need.  All the creepy internet hugs to you.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @tamalahoops I'm so, so sorry to see you back here. Sending good thoughts your way. 
  • @tamalahoops I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • @JuneRoseRuby Sorry about your SIL--watch she'll probably complain to you about "2 under 2"... ugh (hopefully not). 

@antoto I can't imagine how anxious you are with the waiting right now. FX for a call soon with some good news!
  • @tamalahoops My heart breaks to see you back here. I am so utterly sorry for your loss. You are of course welcome back here. I'll be praying for you <3

• I am drowning in work over here but I wanted to stop in and say @tamalahoops I am so so sorry for your loss. 
  • @tamalahoops shit. I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018