January 2018 Moms
Options

It's a....(boy/girl)! (Formerly: Let's Talk About Sex Baby...)

Re: It's a....(boy/girl)! (Formerly: Let's Talk About Sex Baby...)

• Options
    Ok, so we're going to probably do a genetics test again this time. Last time they gave us a sheet of paper that had all the genetic info and the gender on it. DH has decided he wants to do a gender reveal. Do you think the OBs office would put the gender in a different envelope, and all the genetics info in another? I'd rather know the genetics stuff before we have the gender reveal, and I'd rather not have whomever I'm giving this info to in order to do the reveal to have the genetics info before I do. I'm obviously overthinking this.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, so we're going to probably do a genetics test again this time. Last time they gave us a sheet of paper that had all the genetic info and the gender on it. DH has decided he wants to do a gender reveal. Do you think the OBs office would put the gender in a different envelope, and all the genetics info in another? I'd rather know the genetics stuff before we have the gender reveal, and I'd rather not have whomever I'm giving this info to in order to do the reveal to have the genetics info before I do. I'm obviously overthinking this.
    My OB office gave me the option of having the sex put in an envelope that I could pick up. My OB actually called me with the info that all turned out fine, I'm sure I can pick up the documentation from the office. im sure they could sex on something desperate and maybe mark out the sex on the genetics paperwork.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy My doctor will call me with the genetics results and will ask if I want the gender on the phone. If I say no, they will put a piece of per in an envelope that just says "It's a...." I'm sure yours would do this if you ask! My doctor even said they would call someone else with the gender if I wanted.
  • Options
    I just got my blood drawn for the Panorama! Ahhhhh...the wait will be excruciating! Since day one I've felt it's a boy and have even been referring to him as "him". Does anyone have experience with the Panorama? Is it a for-sure thing?
  • Options
    missblazemissblaze member
    edited June 2017

@caeilievalor I got my blood drawn yesterday for Panorama. Supposedly it's the most accurate test in determining fetal sex.

ETA: That being said, I hear it's most accurate the closer to 12 weeks you are when you get the blood drawn. (I got my blood drawn at 11+3)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @missblaze Makes sense! We shall see then. And we will probably get our results back around the same time! :smiley:

Probably there's more chance of a false girl than a false boy, don't you think? Because since I'm a girl I have zero boy genes and if there's some detected then it's probably right? Maybe the too early thing is if there isn't enough of babies blood pumping yet. I don't know, just a thought. 
  • Options
    @caeilievalor The Panorama separates maternal and fetal DNA so I don't think there would be a difference!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 can't wait for you to get your results!!
  • Options
    Congrats, @EmilyLove25!! So excited for you. ❤️ 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 congratulations!! So exciting!
  • Options
    @Emilylove25 congrats! So happy for you :) 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 yay! So exciting! 
  • Options
    @caeilievalor @missblaze what is the panorama? We opted out of the harmony tests because we don't want to stress over the results, so I'm looking for any way to find out the sex before 17 weeks so we can do a reveal while my best friend is in town!!
  • Options
    @TInman87 The Panorama is just another type of NIPT that looks at genetic abnormalities.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 yay! Congratulations!!!!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin @BumpCaitlin @bumpcaitlin-2 Can we please pin this thread? thank you!!!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @TInman87 It's a genetic test given by Natera. You can get all the info about it on natera.com. 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 congratulations!! How exciting :)
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin pin please:)
  • Options
    @KatieEl I'm expecting your results tomorrow... right? Exciting! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @aimsforyou2014 or @rachelg777 - Have either of you received your results yet?!

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 they said I could call after 3:30 today, but that they might not have them until tomorrow. you know I'm watching the clock! lol
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    I had my NT scan yesterday and the tech gave me a guess on the sex of the baby. At this stage its just "angle of the dangle" and all that. I have a 16 week ultrasound to check my cervix so I think I'll ask them then to take a peek and either confirm or deny ;) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @KatieEl Congrats! So glad all the genetics results were good too!
  • Options
    @KatieEl OMG! Awesome! Congrats! We are in the same boat!!!!!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    So happy to hear about these healthy babies! Congrats on your results @KatieEl @EmilyLove25 @madcouplewithabox (and anyone else if I missed). Holy cow, things are getting real!

• Options
    Congrats, @KatieEl! My sister just had her third boy, and loves being an "all boy" mom. So exciting! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @KatieEl!!! They guessed boy at my NT scan so I think I'm well on my way to My Three Sons! Boys are the best!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    edited June 2017
    @EmilyLove25 I feel like we've been the same almost all the way through, lol. Just waiting for our littles to share a bday!

@whitta1218 @libbberty thank you! :smile:

@cyanope oh that's so good to hear! I love my two boys and I'm excited they'll have another buddy!

@huskymomma94 now I really hope your tech was right! Would love to know some more boy moms!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    So happy and excited for the healthy babies and gender reveals! 

@missblaze Ugh, I knew I should have waited to get my blood drawn for the Panaroma! My OB offered to do all my labs when I was there on Wednesday (9w6d), and I asked if there was any benefit to waiting until my 12 week appointment. He was like, "Nah, you can do it anytime after 9 weeks." He's so damn laid-back about everything! Our preference is to NOT find out the sex, anyway, but he warned me that it may automatically happen if the results come back with a sex-specific abnormality like Turner Syndrome or something. 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cricket99Cricket99 member
    edited June 2017
    I'm so jealous of all of you who are able to get the early blood tests done to find out the sex. We were team green last time and decided we would like to know this time around. Unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover any kind of test that can tell us what it is. I'm not even sure there is one available where we are. We have to wait until the anatomy scan to find out. It's going to be a long 10-12 weeks over here...

edited because words are hard.
  • Options
    @Cricket99 I'm in your same boat - 10 more weeks until my anatomy scan THEN I'll find out boy or girl!
  • Options
    @Cricket99 weird...the above post is also me...apparently I got logged out and my phone created a new account for me and I didn't realize it. Fixed it, and still in your same boat!
    Pregnancy Ticker