August 2017 Moms

STM+ Check in 6/9

morgy_beemorgy_bee member
edited June 2017 in August 2017 Moms

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Cravings:

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions

GTKY: what's your best and worst quality? 

Re: STM+ Check in 6/9

• How many other children do you have? 

Two

How far along are you?

32w1d and it seems unreal 

Lots of heartburn and swelling. Also general discomfort. 

Cravings:

Nachos, French toast, darks chocolate

I had my prenatal massage this week and it was glorious. 

Rant/Rave/Questions

I'm so sore all the time but I know it goes along with the territory but it is making me so grumpy! 

Best: very driven. I get things done when I want, 

Worst: I can procrastinate like crazy 

• How many other children do you have? 1

How far along are you? 31+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Everything from my lower back down hurts. It feels like this kid is trying to rip out of me.  Carpal tunnel, but only at night. It's been better, overall and I'm enjoying it more, but I'm glad to be in the home stretch. 

Cravings: Mexican and fruit, though I'm having a hard time eating lately, what with the baby taking up and it's so hot.

Any appointments this week? Blood draw Tuesday to recheck bile levels in blood.

Rant/Rave/Questions I'm just tired and grouchy. 

GTKY: what's your best and worst quality? My best is probably my worst, as well. I'm going to say sensitivity. I can empathize with people easily, but also get hurt easily.

• Loading the player...
  • @morgy_bee I had a prenatal massage and it was nice at the time but I was so sore after.  I don't know if I would do it again if I had the chance.

How many other children do you have?  DS who is 3.5

How far along are you? 31 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  My leg cramps keep getting worse, it is to the point I am going to mention it to the doctor when I go.

Cravings: fruit

Any appointments this week? Wednesday, DS is done with preschool for the summer so he gets to start joining me.  At least my office is pretty quick in getting to see me.

Rant/Rave/Questions

Best:  I am am good at seeing where help is needed and stepping in.

Worst:  I hate confrontation and I wish I was better at standing up for myself.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shyviolet Sorry to hear it wasn't a good experience for you. I had one on Mothers Day and have another one on Monday. It was the only time recently I could get up from laying down and not limp around in pain (for like the week after). 

How many other children do you have? 

2 year old DD 

How far along are you? 31 weeks

Got nauseous last night, seems like every two weeks or so I get a day or two of nausea. Then it's gone again. Never happened with my daughter. Been very stiff and having minor nose bleeds as well. 

Cravings: strawberries, got a flat from a local farm and I am destroying them way to quickly 

Any appointments this week? Prenatal massage Monday, then I have a 32 week check up on Friday.

Rant/Rave/Questions 

Best: Im definitely one to go above and beyond to help people. Especially friends and family, taking care of people is a natural instinct for me. I think I learned it from my Mom. 

Worst: I can be overly sensitive, it's fine now that I'm a SAHM but it made it difficult when working with the public. Doesn't help that no matter the emotion (happy, sad, angry) I'm a cryer. 

• Worst: I can be overly sensitive, it's fine now that I'm a SAHM but it made it difficult when working with the public. Doesn't help that no matter the emotion (happy, sad, angry) I'm a cryer. 

This sounds like me. DH says he never knows what to do because everything makes me cry.

DS just turned 2 on 5/21.

How far along are you?

31 weeks!

This has been a way more stressful and difficult pregnancy.  I'm hoping the worst is behind me, and although I have aches and pains, I want to try to enjoy the next 6 or so weeks.

Cravings:

Milkshakes. I can't get enough of them!

Not until 6/19 for a quick 32 week checkup 

Rant/Rave/Questions

I just posted in the Saturday ticker change, but my husband has been an absolute saint lately! 

Best: I like to think that I'm a really loyal and compassionate friend.  I would do anything to help someone out.

Worst: I'm incredibly sensitive and take things offensively even if that wasn't the intention at all.  

Pregnancy Ticker

-2. DS1 is 4 1/2 and DS2 is 1

how far along are you?
    - 30 weeks 1 day

what symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?
    - Heart burn, lightning crotch, leg and back pain- all the same as previous pregnancies I think. Plus now recurring BV which is so much fun.

Cravings?
    - Ice cream, hamburgers, strawberries. I want a margarita and keep telling myself it will be 10 weeks tops until I can indulge!

- No, next appointment is end of month 

Rants/raves/questions
    - Almost done with the nursery! Finished his quilt and crib skirt and bumpers and some other little crafts. Just need one painting or print to hang above the changing station and I should be done!

GTKY: what is your best and worst quality?
    -Best- I go into thinks 100%. Once I decide it's what I'm doing, it gets done. I don't half-ass.

-Worst- I have terrible anger issues. I have calmed considerably over the years but it's still my worst quality and gets me into trouble from time to time.

2 boys - 8 and almost 5.

How far along are you?

28+6

I was doing a little better with sleeping, but my insomnia has been back for most of the week.  I'm getting heartburn more often now as well as aches and pains in my lower back.  Overall, I'm still feeling okay.

Cravings:

Fruit and chocolate.  Also, now that it's finally warm out, ice cream.

I have a checkup on Friday.

Rant/Rave/Questions

I took my 3 hour GTT today.  I had bad experiences in the past with this test and it actually went better than expected.  I had the lime drink for the first time, which I thought was a little better than the orange one.  My veins held up well for the first time and the woman was able to get samples from the same vein each time.  They usually collapse so I was pleasantly surprised that I was only stuck once for each blood draw.  My arm is totally bruised right now, but that's to be expected.

I'm pretty adaptable and tend to go with the flow.  I think my easygoing nature is helpful both at work and in my personal life.  My worst quality is probably my procrastination/lateness.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1 DD she is 2.5

How far along are you?

31 +5

Nausea, heartburn, exhaustion ....all the normal stuff

Cravings:

Watermelon but really my cravings have been pretty minimal

Any appointments this week? Monday AND Friday. Monday the hematologist and Friday the regular OB.

Rant/Rave/Questions...

One week until vacation. Thank you Jesus. 

GTKY: what's your best and worst quality? This is hard! I don't know if it's my absolute worst, but I tend to exaggerate things sometimes and I wish I wouldn't do that as much. My best quality...Im a pretty good planner and I also am a good cook. I feel like my answers are lame.

• @shyviolet that's no good to hear that you were so sore! If you do go again, make sure to drink a ton of water afterward. Also, communicate that you were sore with your massage therapist. She can adjust her pressure to help prevent soreness. 
  • How many other children do you have? 1 DD (turns 3 tomorrow)

How far along are you? 32+4

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  I've noticed my fingernails seem to be more "flat" across instead of curving more. This is so strange to me. Fatigued a lot faster than last time.

Cravings: Anything cold. I'm so hot since we've been in the 90's for over a week so I want no hot food.

Any appointments this week? Wednesday

Rant/Rave/Questions: We celebrated DD's 3rd birthday this weekend. Both sets of grandparents stayed here and I was so exhausted. Basically stood in the kitchen prepping/cooking food Friday and Saturday. My hips and lower back are sore now. Plus, I slept like crap since we went to a guest room upstairs (my dad can't do stairs well so they were in our room on the first floor). Ready for my bed back!

GTKY: what's your best and worst quality? Best: assertive Worst: I don't have a lot of compassion for things people go through that I can't relate to. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I am a little jealous everyone else's massages made them feel so good.  Normally I love them so this was new for me.  

BabyFruit Ticker