Pregnant after IF

Twin moms-to-be/twin moms

How long did you all work or how long do you plan to work? I'm hoping to work until I deliver. I had to see a different OB today and he said he takes his twin moms off work at 28 weeks (which I'll be tomorrow). I plan to deliver at 37-38 weeks. 

TTC for 8 years.
Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
Took a break for a while.
January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

Re: Twin moms-to-be/twin moms

• I had complications and was off at 22.5 weeks. My ob had said prior to that she doesn't take them off unless the mom is getting too tired and normally that is around 32 weeks. She said some of her patients would work until the day they deliver.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• My goal was to work until I delievered.  I am a teacher so i have decent work hours, but I'm on my feet all day. My plan didn't work out though, my twins had their own plan. My cervix started shortening at 28 weeks and at 30 weeks I placed on modified bedrest. Bed rest helped and I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! My doctor didn't think I would make it that far. 

Talk to your doctor. If the babies look good, your cervix looks good, and your overall health looks good, I don't see why you can't work. I know twin moms that worked up til their 38 week c section. If there are any concerns, then obviously put yourself and the babies first!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Loading the player...
  • I worked up to 34 weeks had the girls at 38 weeks csection and had no complications I feel I could of went full term. They say tall people carry twins well and I would say I did that 
  • @ultratomato what was your level of discomfort atthe end? I am 35 weeks and think my skin may rip open. I feel like there is NO more room left. Did you feel uncomfortable at the end? Or your body accommodated well? 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• @Colleen0516 I would say I didn't have that feeling with my skin but I think I wanted them out already so I could meet them. Plus my feet were swelled up which was uncomfortable and I couldn't sleep well 
  • @Colleen0516 I only went to 33 weeks but I am 5"2. My skin was extremely raw from stretching. It was honestly my biggest complaint and 8 weeks after c section it is still raw on the stretch marks which I was told is normal. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• I don't be have stretch marks yet, but man my skin is tight. I lotion daily, if not twice a day, but it still hurts. 
    I'll bare it to keep them safe inside me- but I am ready for them to make their debut! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• I worked in a fairly physical job right up until the night before my C-section at 37+2. We were originally going to go to 38 weeks but my MFM was worried that the twins were getting too big and felt they needed to come out a bit earlier. Thankfully I had minimal complications during my pregnancy.
      @Colleen0516 I did not have any strechmarks till sometime during the 35th week then they exploded. My stomach was so huge. I was also religious about lotion at least twice a day which helped with the itching/tightness.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Thank you ladies!!! I've had a really great pregnancy so far. My MFM says our goal is to deliver at 37 weeks and my OB says 37-38 weeks. I only get paid for 8 weeks off and I would love to use that to stay with my girls after they're born. I haven't gained much weight so far but the babies are getting big. I'm starting to think I'll be ok taking some time off without getting paid!

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!

• Goal was to go 37/38 weeks. Twins had other plans. They arrived at 32 weeks.However, I was on bed rest starting around week 27 if I remember correctly. In retrospect I'm glad I was off earlier b/c it does become for uncomfortable and there's always variables with work (i.e. longer days, days carrying extra items, hot  days, rainy days, etc.) 
  • @JaneJane I hope your babies are doing good! 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• I wish I could afford to go on bedrest now but I wouldn't be able to afford the babies once they got here!

TTC for 8 years.
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!

• @kelrauh, hey! Yes, twins are home (finally!) and doing well. Currently 7 weeks old. So tired but happy :)  still trying to figure out this whole parenting thing. 

Not sure where to post this. What stroller(s) have you guys purchased for your twins? I have a joovi ru + (something like that) but wow its huge and barely fits in our trunk leaving no space for anything else. so we're thinking of getting something else. 
  • @JaneJane - I am happy to hear they are home. I hope they werent there too long. We are also trying to figure out the twin parenting thing and are exhausted.

We have baby trend sit n stand double stroller. It is big but it works good. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• I have a double baby trend which fits any car seat in it and a chicco double stroller not a fan but thinking of getting an umbrella one that's a double wide 
  • Mine are a little over 5 months and it does get a little easier just get into a night time routine when they get older. It's helped us
  • @JaneJane I have the Grace duo modes. Twins aren't here yet but it's super light and easy to unfold and fold.

TTC for 8 years.
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!

• I have the baby jogger city select double. It has adapter attachments for almost all car seats. Average size, but breaks down to be really compact. Everything basically comes off of it if I want. I won't take it all apart when I put it in my car, but when I'm traveling with them, it's convenient 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Thanks @Colleen0516, added that to our list of stuff to research!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I have a mountain buggy duo its a side by side that had attachments for any brand car seat. its not super wide so it fits through all doorways and isles. we love it. I also looked heavily at the city select but I had a harder time getting it to fold and unfold.  
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17