July 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 6/5

For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? (My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day)
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 6/5

• How far along are you? 36 weeks...21 days until baby unless she comes on her own before then!! Eek

How big is baby? Papaya..I feel like we keep getting repeats and smaller as we go 

Upcoming appointments this week? Midwife appointment on Tuesday. GBS and cervix check. They stopped my labor last week with contractions every 5 minutes apart I dilated to what they said a 3 on the outer and 1 on the inner and 50% effaced. I was so confused as I thought there was only one measurement, but apparently STM+ can have this funnel shaped cervix and the outer can be more dilated than the inner. Who knew? 

Any new symptoms or changes? Swelling everywhere. And all over soreness. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? DD1 turned one last week. We had a great party with friends and family and it was a huge success. My sister also got married the same weekend and I am paying for being on my feet so much all weekend. I'm still swollen.

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? (My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day) Over Although it's not necessarily on purpose. I just put it on however I grab it out of the cabinet. 
  • How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple (yuck) or some kind of bunny

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. Next week and then they start weekly!

Any new symptoms or changes? I wake up 4-5 times/week around 2am. I usually don't have to pee and I'm not uncomfortable so I think it's just the world is against me. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I say it all the time - I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy went by and that in around 5 weeks, I'll be holding my sweet baby. 
    I've been sooo tired this last week. I'm usually in bed by 8 and one day by 6:30. I told myself I'm going to take it easy this week. I'm also going to up my water intake. I have a graduation party for my best friend's daughter this weekend. They live 3 hours away so I want to make sure I feel up for the trip. Last week I was so tired and had one day with a lot of BHs. I don't want to be 3 hours away feeling like that just in case!

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? (My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day)
    Over! Always over. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 36 weeks.  28 days to go.  

How big is baby? Big, and heavy.  

Upcoming appointments this week?  6/6. My first weekly appt.  I had to change it because I have tickets to Wonder Woman tomorrow.  I'm okay about the movie.  Mostly going for the popcorn.

Any new symptoms or changes?  I'm exhausted, swollen, and insanely amorous towards my husband.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  The swelling in my ankles, I'm telling you what, it is next level.

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? (My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day).    

Usually it it just sits on the countertop.  I do remember having this as a debate in humanities when I was in high school though.  
  • @Itsnotyourturn - your entire post made me chuckle. "Big, and heavy" and I love that you changed your appointment for popcorn! 

We saw Wonder Woman yesterday and it wasn't bad. Of course she's freaking hot and I spent the whole time wondering what I can do to look like that. The answer is nothing. There's absolutely nothing I can do. :joy:
  • @ginger1228 DH has a huge crush on Gal Gadot.  I feel like the same.  No matter what I do, I'm never going to be as tall, buff, or hot as her. 
  • @ginger1228 I was going to go see the movie with DH but now I've changed my mind .. :p 
  • @Itsnotyourturn YAAASSS to movie popcorn.  And movie candy.  And basically all food in the universe.  I am officially a bottomless pit.

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Growth scan on Friday will tell me.  Hoping to get over the 2 lb mark, but that seems far fetched.

Upcoming appointments this week? BPP today, growth scan on Friday

Any new symptoms or changes? I've been feeling kicks up near my rib cage, so I'm thinking that baby is still stretched out and head down.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am convinced that this year is cursed.  F*ck 2017.

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? I'm with @ginger1228 - always over!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? According to TB it's a butternut squash

Upcoming appointments this week? I have one tomorrow with my OB.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I ended up doing the 3 hour glucose test last week and I am not sure about the results. I have some concerns so we will see what my doctor says. To me, things are not adding up..... I am starting to get very frustrated with it all too.

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? (My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day) Mine is whichever way I put it on. I don't have a preference although my neighbor insists it should be under.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @SaphireSweetie88 - I hope you get some clarification at your appointment. It's frustrating especially this close to the end - it's like why even bother for just 6 more weeks? (Obviously I would take anything the dr says seriously even if it's "just" 6 weeks.) It's frustrating that most GD results are in before 30 weeks and here you are so close to the end aand still don't have answers!
  • @ginger1228

Yes the main question I have is about my results.

Here's what happened:

THE DAY OF (wed):
    My fasting level was 91 (want: 95 or lower)
    My 1 hour was 209 (want: 180 or lower)
    My 2 hour: I was told it was still slightly high (no one told me what the # was even though I asked) so they cancelled the 3 hour draw and had me meet with GD educator.
         - She ended up giving me a monitor to check my levels 4 times a day. She had me check it in her office so I knew what to do. The time was at 11:15 am (the same time my 3 hour draw would have been done and it was 104 and they were looking for 120 or less)
         - I ended up leaving without knowing what the result of the 2 hour draw was (what number) because I had to get to work and I was tired of the runaround about how the lady who took the blood and recorded the result was unavailable or that she legally couldn't tell me (even though she told me my fasting and 1 hour result)...

The next day (Thurs) - I called several times and still no answer about the 2 hour draw number

The following day (Fri) - Same as Thursday

Saturday - I get an email saying I had a new test result. I look at it and it said my 2 hour draw # was 227.

Everyone I talked to so far (family & friends) think that the 2 hour draw result must have been misread because they (and I) don't understand why it went higher and then dropped right into the normal range when I did the test in the lady's office

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @SaphireSweetie88 wow. I see how that's confusing! 
    I get so mad when I hear about them not answering the phone or calling back timely! Drives me nuts. 
  • @ginger1228

Yes! Also, every time I checked my levels since then, they have been right within the range EXCEPT for 1 time after breakfast but it was on a day I was really stressed out and we went out for breakfast and I had waffles with syrup & whipped cream and 2 sodas (don't judge - I was on the verge of tears and it made me feel better)

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @saphiresweetie88 Haha no judgement. Sometimes we have to eat our feelings and I fully support that!

Good luck tomorrow and report back!
  • @ginger1228 - Thanks and will do!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm not a Monday person, but lurking because you mentioned it elsewhere. @SaphireSweetie88 I agree it's odd that your 2-hour reading would have gone up. But in general, if it takes 3 hours for your glucose to get in range, that's not good. For my doctor, even a 91 fasting would be considered high. But really, there's no harm in continuing to test. And if you find that you can eat almost anything and your numbers are in range, then just go ahead and eat what you want and keep testing and recording your numbers. IMO, better safe than sorry. And honestly, if the only other option is to re-do the 3-hour test to be sure, I'd rather just deal with the diagnosis than go through that again. 
  • @AdaByron

Yes I am still testing. I have to test in the morning (fasting) and 2 hours AFTER the start of each meal. I have found that my fasting numbers have been around 85 lately and that I can eat almost anything I want and my numbers are fine (109 - 115). I just want to run it by my doctor tomorrow since I have a relationship with her and feel like she'll take my concerns and questions a bit more seriously than the doctors at the hospital (where the test was done). 

I am new to this whole GD thing and I have a lot of questions that I didn't think / need to ask before
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @AdaByron

Yes I am still testing. I have to test in the morning (fasting) and 2 hours AFTER the start of each meal. I have found that my fasting numbers have been around 85 lately and that I can eat almost anything I want and my numbers are fine (109 - 115). I just want to run it by my doctor tomorrow since I have a relationship with her and feel like she'll take my concerns and questions a bit more seriously than the doctors at the hospital (where the test was done). 

I am new to this whole GD thing and I have a lot of questions that I didn't think / need to ask before
    I would just be really honest with your doctor and let her know that you haven't changed your diet and show her your numbers, and after a few weeks of that she may just tell you not to worry about it anymore. 
  • @AdaByron - That's what I did today. As soon as she sat down, she said "you have GD let's talk about medicine to treat it". I try not to interrupt doctors when they're talking but I didn't let her continue. I told her I don't feel the numbers I've been getting warrant medicine since they're within the range I need to be and that my diet is the same. After looking at my numbers she seemed to understand where I was coming from. I see her each week from here on out now anyway so she said she will look at my numbers each week and that we will go from there.

She did tell me to set up a growth scan / ultrasound with the specialty clinic / Maternal Fetal Care center at the hospital though to make sure baby is growing fine...
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Sooo... I havent posted in months.  But here lately all I want to do is lay on the couch and lurk, so I figured I'd get back to it.  Sorry for ghosting!!  Hope its ok I sneak back in at the end stretch!

How far along are you?  35 W 4 D

How big is baby? a rabbit?  apps are weird. 

Upcoming appointments this week?  We had a 4D US on Wednesday, and got to see the grumpiest baby face in the whole world.  I think she's over it LOL.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Just so so tired...

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Yup.  I had to drop paperwork off at my Dr's today for them to fax to my office so that I can have scheduled bathroom breaks on days I have to leave early for appointments.  Basically, if I work less than 8 hours I only get a lunch and one scheduled break.  Anything else will go against my Stats and performance.  Its about the dumbest thing ever.  I'm 30 years old and have to basically ask permission to pee? At 8 months pregnant!?  Also, they charged my $20 to fill out the form.  

GTKY: What way is your toilet paper hanging? Over or under? (My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day) . OVER!!!  I may be that person who changes it at other people's houses...I also close shower curtains.