July 2017 Moms

Exercise & Fitness Check-In 6/2

Happy Friday Ladies!! 

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week? 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: What are you most looking forward to (besides Baby!) this summer?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise & Fitness Check-In 6/2

• JAM85JAM85 member
    1: How far along are you?  35w3d

2: How was your last week? good! Got 6 days in again although definitely slowing down and switching up some workouts to accommodate energy and mobility challenges at this size! The outdoor pool opened at the gym which meant two outdoor workouts getting some tan on!!!

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  same 5-6 days of workouts which should be easy to get in this week

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    I already had a massage this week and got my toes done yesterday so that was great and much needed! I have two weddings to shoot today and tomorrow so anticipating some major exhaustion!

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? just slowing down and trying to be okay with it. Also keep thinking about post partum and how it's going to look to work workouts in then. I know T-Thu will be easy as DD is in daycare during the day the rest of the days will
    be a challenge. 

6: GTKY: What are you most looking forward to (besides Baby!) this summer? The outdoor pool opening has been awesome and we have been 4 times since it did Saturday. Also excited to shoot my last wedding before baby next weekend and have some rest from that for a couple of weeks! I am getting a waterproof sling for DS so he can come to the pool too once he is a few weeks old
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1: How far along are you?  33w5d

2: How was your last week? Good enough.  Wed/Fri with trainer, and eating healthier.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  2 days again

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I got a pedi yesterday too!

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? @jam85 I've been thinking (worrying) a lot about PP workouts, too.  Last time, I went back at 6 weeks, but I was never able to continue my weight loss path until this past year (due to my DH mostly).  I'm hoping I can get right back to it asap, and resume healthy eating immediately.  I don't want my successful pregnancy weight management to be for naught. 

6: GTKY: What are you most looking forward to (besides Baby!) this summer?  I'm a teacher, so just all of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1: How far along are you?  33w/6d

2: How was your last week? I've only managed 1 workout as I came down with a bad cold. Just a light lift. I have been maintaining (modified) crossfit workouts my entire pregnancy 3-4x/week with the exception of this last week. I stopped running in the 3rd trimester. Hoping to get back to it next week once i'm feeling better. 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  To get in at least 4 workouts

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Getting my eyelash extensions filled Monday :) I decided to treat myself at the end of pregnancy and get extensions. I always look like I have make up on - it's great!

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I am amazed at how some days I feel AMAZING when I workout and other days I feel so sluggish and huge. But I guess that's (third trimester) pregnancy. It's hard sometimes to be in a group workout and accept that I have to slow down or not do something. 

6: GTKY: What are you most looking forward to (besides Baby!) this summer? Having a break from my job!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maribeth0721 I hate modifying any exercises, too, and it makes me mad to slow myself down at all.  I was doing so much more for so long, but I just don't have it in me anymore and it make me mad.
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    @chiquita928 DH and I have discussed how we *think* workouts will work since we both do crossfit and our gym will start taking baby at 6 weeks. Mostly it's me preparing myself for just not being able to even do as much as I am now whether that be due to unknown recovery issues, sheer exhaustion from a toddler and baby and work, or anything in between. 

@maribeth0721 yes it's been especially hard these last two weeks where I feel like everything has forced me
    to slow down a bit. My swimming is just so sluggish especially with it causing some bad braxton hicks now and I'm pretty good making my own crossfit and lifting workouts but I just don't have the energy like I did even 2 weeks ago! I just tell myself I'm winning just by getting there to begin with and doing what I can! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JAM85 It's good your gym has a day care. I see a personal trainer who has a gym in her home. No day care. The plus for me this time is that DH is a SAHD, and so we have more flexibility. Last time it was crazy, and then his stroke...you can imagine. I am hoping to get back to consistency (more so than now), and to get back to my regular intensity as soon as I'm able. I know it's going to be exhausting, but thankfully my trainer is one of my best cheerleaders, even if my family is slightly hostile that I'm still working out at all (even at this snail's pace I'm on).
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    edited June 2017